“stolen shoes and staff were not bothered!”
Review of Lakeside Superbowl

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lakeside Superbowl
Ranked #8 of 8 Fun & Games in Chichester
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“stolen shoes and staff were not bothered!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

booked a party for my son's birthday in September. Kept all the shoes near us but when we were leaving my daughters shoes had been taken. We hunted everywhere and eventually she had to go home without shoes. Whilst we accept no one at Lake side in Chichester are responsible for this, they really did not care that the shoes were missing and not one staff member offered to help look. The place was quite quiet and there was no excuse for such ambivalence, after all we had a large party and had spent a considerable amount on refreshments etc. I rang a few days later to see if anyone had found the shoes but again a "not bothered" reply...I then rang back a few weeks later to check again. Sadly they had been stolen. The only plus side is that they although they looked like a pair of very expensive children's shoes (known brand of fashion shoes) they were in fact look a likes from a small store....although pretty not worth stealing! Customer service therefore bad! Good value on a Thursday pm but otherwise overpriced and place needs some TLC.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Lisa K

Chichester
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wow, what an absolute pit!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Without a doubt the tattiest bowling centre to have ever existed. I don't believe they have spent any additional money on upkeep of the facilities since it opened over a decade ago, other than a roll of gaffer tape. Shoes that were falling apart, bowling balls in such bad state that the chips out of them actually cut a party members hand. A drinks tray handed to us that was so rusty I had to check my tetanus jabs when I got home. Carpet ripped, wooden floors with holes, staff members that just grunt at you, 8 lanes out of action with out any noticeable issues(other than the very tatty decor surrounding you) all round just a shambles!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank veedubjunky
Banbury, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“OK as long as you like loud music”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I don't bowl as much as we used to, but fancied a go whilst on holiday. The initial impression was that it was a bit scruffy (quite a few broken machines/pool tables and walls that need painting) but the bowling was great, we got there for the early bird special so only paid £2 a game - there seemed to be lots of deals depending on when you visit. The lanes were well maintained and the scoring machine was a lot easier to use than some I could mention. The only real downside was that the music was loud, so many places seem to think it gives "atmosphere", may do if it was decent music that reflected the crowd that was in...

Visited July 2013
Pulborough
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great fun for skittles evening!”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Lots of lanes, good bowling alley, helpful staff. Would recommend booking especially at peak times as it does get very busy! Good for all ages and abilities.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Princess90
Chichester, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Brilliant for rainy days”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We often take our family here on a Sunday morning. It is really good for people of all ages. The only downside is the food is appalling and very expensive.

Visited May 2013