“Goodwood Festival of Speed”

Goodwood Motor Circuit
St Albans, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Goodwood Festival of Speed”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I've always wanted to go, but this year I was amazed to find I'd won a pair of VIP tickets to the festival courtesy of Michelin Tyres (via Event Mobile Tyres), so I took my 15 year old son. Although I'm a 46-year old woman, I love cars and watching races - so this was perfect. Despite the relentless heat, we had a fantastic time and even saw Nico Rosberg. The grounds are huge, and thankfully have many trees for shade, and there is a LOT of walking as there is so much to see and do.

Highlights - overhead display by a fighter jet (awesome), being in the right place at the right time as the supercars were being driven out of the display area, seeing the cars of the future (including an electric Lotus) and the FMX action display. And because we won a VIP package - another highlight was the fantastic Mexican dinner and entertainment the night before.

If you've never been to the Festival of Speed - I highly recommend it! Kids will love it, a fantastic day out in a beautiful part of the country.

• Polish first
Derby
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“2013 Festival of Speed”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

First visit to the Festival of Speed. After the initial chaos of arriving when most people were leaving on Thursday we finally got the tents pitched and settled down for the evening. The weather was glorious (it is Goodwood after all!) and the event was everything I wished for and more. Sir Stirling Moss was very affable and signed autographs as he sat at the start line waiting for the off. Too many other stars of botth two and for wheels to mention but, if you are a fan of motorsport this is one event not to be missed. make sure that you make the trek to the forest rally stage too. Truly memorable, this will not be my last visit even having spent three very full days there.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Back in time”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

What a lovely old motor circuit, managed to see some old racing cars clocking up a few laps and as a keen amateur photographer I was pleased to get some great shots of some classic racing cars. Well worth a visit and very nostalgic.

Rochdale, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“THE best place I have ever been”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Goodwood Festival of Speed , if you have not been before is THE place to go , for all the family , and the place is huge , lots to do and see and WOW the things on offer was excellent . The best day out for me ! I will definately be going again .

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Festival of speed”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just a great day out. Would recommend to all. Lots to do and see. Plenty of places to eat, drink, sit. Lots of choice.