“Food was hotter than the staff”
Review of La Fish

La Fish
Ranked #46 of 251 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: British
Description: FISH & CHIP OF OF THE YEAR WEST SUSSEX 2014! Family run fish and chip shop for the past 30 years in Chichester. We have had four generations of customers come through our doors which proves we are on the right track for quality food. We continue to strive and improve as we never want to sit on our laurels.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having not eaten all day and needing a good English favourite after a nice visit to the beach we opted for La Fish following its previous good reviews.
I was greeted with a mediocre "hello", and when I ordered the food, cod and chips for me, sausage and chips for the boy and a sausage for the pooch, it was not indicated that the fish would need cooking fresh and I just stood around for 10 minutes without a word spoken to me in the interim.
While I was waiting I noticed that they were preparing the take away boxes for the fish and chips however ours were wrapped in the old school paper way. The problem with this is that all my fish batter stuck to the paper so I had naked fish - which was very nice I must admit, but not quite the same. The chips were average chip shop chips and as they have been branded "the best fish and chip shop in Chichester" then I would suggest the people of Chichester go further!

1  Thank Phee_Bizz

Reviewed 15 November 2013

At La Fish, the team works hard to get the best food on the table. From traditional fish and chips (with salt and vinegar) to fancy hamburgers, all freshly prepared and prompt service.
Also provide take away service.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We always eat in at LA Fish when we want fish and chips and receive a warm reception and friendly service. The menu has changed but prices have actually fallen whilst the standard portions are enough for most people. The choice of wine is limited, but this is a fish and chip shop, so full marks for having any wine.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Love this place and will go back all the time. The staff are really friendly And the food is so nice and fresh. I highly recommend you try their fish its fab.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Perfect Fish nice freshly prepared.First time I'm just tried and I loved.Nice big portion not expensive good value.Recommended 5 star.