“Great service and food”

Ranked #32 of 236 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Fast food, British, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: FISH & CHIP OF OF THE YEAR WEST SUSSEX 2014! Family run fish and chip shop for the past 30 years in Chichester. We have had four generations of customers come through our doors which proves we are on the right track for quality food. We continue to strive and improve as we never want to sit on our laurels.
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

As a family we used to go swimming every Tuesday and would stop off here on the way home for kebabs. We got to know the staff well and even though I'm now married and living in North Bersted we still get our fish and chips, kebabs etc here in Chichester. On this occasion we were greeted with smiles and a chat, asking how my family are doing. They took care of which sauces and salad we required with our food. I would recommend the chicken kebab, I can still have it despite dieting and it was ideal after a busy day at work. With the restaurant out the back we had the choice to eat in too! I have and will continue to recommend them. Keep up the good work guys. Thank you X

• Visited January 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Food was hotter than the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Having not eaten all day and needing a good English favourite after a nice visit to the beach we opted for La Fish following its previous good reviews.
I was greeted with a mediocre "hello", and when I ordered the food, cod and chips for me, sausage and chips for the boy and a sausage for the pooch, it was not indicated that the fish would need cooking fresh and I just stood around for 10 minutes without a word spoken to me in the interim.
While I was waiting I noticed that they were preparing the take away boxes for the fish and chips however ours were wrapped in the old school paper way. The problem with this is that all my fish batter stuck to the paper so I had naked fish - which was very nice I must admit, but not quite the same. The chips were average chip shop chips and as they have been branded "the best fish and chip shop in Chichester" then I would suggest the people of Chichester go further!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Phee_Bizz
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Fancy a quick hot bite? This is your spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

At La Fish, the team works hard to get the best food on the table. From traditional fish and chips (with salt and vinegar) to fancy hamburgers, all freshly prepared and prompt service.
Also provide take away service.

Visited November 2013
West Sussex
“Good food and reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We always eat in at LA Fish when we want fish and chips and receive a warm reception and friendly service. The menu has changed but prices have actually fallen whilst the standard portions are enough for most people. The choice of wine is limited, but this is a fish and chip shop, so full marks for having any wine.

Visited August 2013
“Best fish and chip shop in Chichester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Love this place and will go back all the time. The staff are really friendly And the food is so nice and fresh. I highly recommend you try their fish its fab.

• Visited October 2013