“Charity ball”
Review of Goodwood House

Goodwood House
Ranked #17 of 64 things to do in Chichester
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in the spectacular Sussex countryside, surrounded by mature parklands, and home to the Dukes of Richmond for centuries, Goodwood House combines the glamour of a great English country house with the warmth of a family home. With an outstanding collection of art on display, the House is open to visitors from March to October.
Poole, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Charity ball”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Went here a few years ago for a Red Cross Charity Ball. Great setting, very grand, lovely grounds and walks and of course right next door to the golf club, a touch of old elegant England and just down the road from the Goodward Races and a couple of the Goodwood motor racing circuit where I used to race with the BARC in the 60's

Visited April 2014

Southampton
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“My favourite annual event of the year”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I never get tired of the FoS, with so much to see and do you're spoilt for choice. With the recent addition of the Moving Motor Show the whole event now spans 4 days and I make sure I attend all of them. Our visits start with my boys checking out the cars in the public car park, there's exciting cars to see before you even get through the entrance. With small aircraft and helicopters buzzing overhead, and the roar of engines increasing as you get closer to the entrance the whole event never fails to disappoint from beginning to end. But make sure you prepare for plenty of walking, especially if it's a hot day (remember those? we do occasionally get them in the UK) as the FoS spans a massive area - from the aircraft display near the entrance, the driveway hill climb, the amazing GAS stunt displays, the Supercar paddock, the massive temp monuments that are constructed outside Goodwood House, Gasoline Alley, the rides that you pass as you head to the massive rally stage at the very top of the hill, and all the manufacturers displays en route - plus the jaw dropping air displays... Yes, it's the petrolhead event of the year!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank S0uthampt0n_Mark
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“You have to do”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

So you have to have the tour, you cant just walk around the house and to be honest you need a guide to tell you the history. not a bad hour and a half and ended up with tea and scones afterwards where the service and food was superb.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Andy E
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Pleasantly surprised - more to see than you might think”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We popped in because we were on holiday near chichester and it was raining! Glad we did, I found it interesting and visually amazing. The lady tour guide was very knowledable and enthusiastic in answering questions. We had to cut short our tour before it finished and had no time to take tea as we had pets in the car but having said that I do wish I did have tea in the stunning tea room and so will probably make another visit as I also wish to take advantage of sitting in the music room a little longer and perusing the magazines before the tour starts. I loved the paintings and the egyptian room and the history of the family. I loved the entrance door being opened and being greeted into the house, can't wait to do it again some day and enjoy outside without the rain. Reasonably priced I thought.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank BORBUFF
Letchworth, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Super Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Last Sunday we checked on their website to ensure House was open and it was so we got in the car and were a bit disappointed when the entrance to the estate said the House was closed. However, my husband is made of sterner stuff than that so we advanced to the car park and I enquired of a guard in a van if the House was open. He said that it was but could we stay in the car for the moment as a helicopter was expected momentarily. Half an hour later he said we could go to the house as the chopper had been delayed.AS we approached the front door we were nearly knocked over by a crowd of men rushing out with umbrellas to shelter the visitors who had just arrived. We were then shepherded into an ante room so the Qatar Royal Family would not see us. A couple of minutes later we were asked if we minded joining a group which had not long started. We agreed to this and what a joy the tour was. The House is magnificent and the guide was so interesting. We loved the Egyptian room but is was lovely to see a House in such splendid order. At the end of the tour as we were making our way out we were told that the VIPs were about to leave so would we mind having a complimentary tea in the ballroom. We did not mind at all and had a nice cup of tea and a choice of cakes. The service was lovely and the china delightful. We did not want to leave!

Visited March 2014