“Beautiful Sunny February Day in Chichester”

Chichester Cathedral
Ranked #1 of 63 things to do in Chichester
Lichfield, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Beautiful Sunny February Day in Chichester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Lovely Cathedral in Centre of Chichester. Easily accessible for all. Town Centre shops were very elegant and there was a local market on the day we visited. The staff in all of the shops and places we visited were so friendly and helpful.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sandra B

• Turkish first
Hook, United Kingdom
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“A worthwhile visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was lucky with my timing of my visit to the cathedral, not only did I have a tour guide to myself but also 3 trainees, all making my visit memorable.
Interestingly I needed more time than I expected for the visit, as I also included the gardens, cloisters etc, none should be missed
There was a free and very enjoyable lunchtime concert, found through an easily accessible website
My third visit of the day was to evensong, a glorious end to my Chichester visit

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kate_boots
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Religious or not - it doesn't matter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We have been to Chichester on at least four occasions in twenty years and have included the beautiful and well maintained Cathedral on each occasion. To experience peace and tranquility one can sit inside and take in the splendour or outside and just watch as other people busy through their day.

1 Thank Mel S
England
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Chagall window”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Pop into Chichester Cathedral to see some amazing examples of twentieth century art. The most beautiful of all has to be the fabulous stained glass window by Marc Chagall. It jewel colours and fluid shapes are truly stunning!

1 Thank Nealy68
Fleet, Hampshire
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“See the Chagall Window”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a beautiful cathedral, not austere like many. The tapestries are worth spending time looking at. Best of all is the richly coloured Chagall window. You can enjoy the calming atmosphere of this building even when it's full of visitors and if you're not religious.

1 Thank RedQuince