“Early evening delight”

The Boat House Cafe - Chichester Marina
Ranked #95 of 247 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the Boat House Cafe, we are proud to serve our locally sourced seasonal menu 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and a fantastic afternoon tea. We offer our day-time menu 7 days a week from 9am. We also have our bistro menu on a friday & saturday evening after 6pm. On a sunday we offer a fantastic pre-set lunch menu. We look forward to welcoming you soon. The Boat House Cafe team
Bosham, England, United Kingdom
“Early evening delight”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

After a hot day gardening we decided to try a waterside supper as the sun went down and we were not disappointed. We arrived about 6.30 on a Wednesday evening so it wasn't very busy. As it had been a very hot day they had opened up the folding doors and our table was just inside so we had protection from any breeze. It was laid back and enjoyed the chilled out music. We had the fish and chips which was as good as any we have had locally. The desserts of lemon posset and apple crumble were delicious and certainly made up for lost calories. No problem with the service, our waitress was really friendly. Good value and will come back for an early mid week supper again.

• Greek first
Reading, United Kingdom
“The ultimate "I dont want your business" statement”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Hottest day of the year, got back to CYB and suggested we all go for a Pimms. Ordered a jug which was met with some trepidation. After a while a guy appeared and said " we are not doing summer cocktails till next week, only glasses" So basically they could sell 6 glasses of Pimms but not a jug of the same. In other words they just coudln't be bothered. Our friends were not surprised by this, they have a boat in CYB and after initial enthusiasm for this place, they normally avoid it like the plague as prices are sky high for mediocre food and very poor service.

5 Thank Graham L L
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The food seems a little inconsistent given the somewhat limited menu, the kitchen never seems to have enough staff on and when it was busy we waited over an hour for anything other than a drink.
The serving staff are nice enough and the manageress is very pleasant but the food and the lack of a decent non "training lager" spoil the experience. I thought the Kiwi waitress was charming.
Breakfasts overall seem to be pretty good .

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Bob H
South Coast
“Terrible Food”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Having signed up for a loyalty card before opening I had been looking forward to visiting and using the Boat House Cafe this Summer, especially given I keep my boat in Chichester Marina. Having been told we could sit anywhere, we were immediately moved (by a rather brisk antipodean lady) to another table in what was an empty restaurant.

My wife and I both ordered a Club Sandwich with Fries and I have to say without exception they were the worst we have ever eaten or in this case Not eaten. Soggy part toasted bread, cold uncooked bacon, shreds of chicken that resembled cat food, and limp fries. Non of which looked remotely freshly made.

I have returned my loyalty card and will not be eating here again - it's terrible!

4 Thank MGDSouthCoast
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Worst service I've ever seen”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been here a few times simply as its convenient when working on a boat in the marina. The location is fantastic. The service awful. The front of house staff are poor, and sometimes quite rude. I'd be surprised if any have had previous hospitality/bar experience. I asked a passing waiter if I could order desert - response - go to the bar, this isn't a restaurant! At the bar, service is painfully slow, often with several people manning the bar but only two serving, and no visible speed up when long queues form. If it weren't for the location, this would go out of business quickly. Even so, I'd bet the proportion of return visits low, and unless the service is improved, numbers will dwindle

• Visited May 2014