“Very Noisy”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Chichester
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Very Noisy”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I had cause to spend 2 nights here in conjunction with my job.( I am a coach driver), The food and level of service was good. However, on both nights, the level of noise was totally unacceptable. Being a professional driver it is important to get a good night sleep but being woken by late night drunks at nearly 1 a.m, put paid to that idea. As mentioned by another reviewer, the hotel is on a large leisure complex and is very busy in the evenings. I will not stay here again, given the choice.

Room Tip: Dont get one at the front!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Excellent value hotel, bedroom was large, spotlessly clean & very comfortable.
The food in the restaurant was excellent, well presented, tasty & good value. the breakfast was excellent & with the kids eating for free, very good value.
The thing that made this hotel really stand out was the staff!! Their attitude was great, always friendly & nothing was too much trouble, certainly a lot of far more expensive establishments should take note & learn from them.
We will definitely use them again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
chichesterpi, Manager at Premier Inn Chichester Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
thank you for your review we are so please to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and that the team ensured you were well looked after. We will pass your comments on to the team and hope to see you again in the future.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This Hotel is on a large commercial complex with a Large Cinema,Frankie and Benny's and other outlets. The parking for the whole complex is shared, including that for the Premier Inn which is at the far end of the area. I would say their is a good chance you may return from a day out and find you can't get parked. The staff at this hotel were inexperienced and ill trained. We had booked a dinner and when we arrived the waiter said "I don't normally do this job. I'm the bar waiter" Good Start to our 33rd wedding anniversary celebrations. Anyway he asked us for a drinks order and went away. The drinks arrived as did another waiter for our order but this was a good 40 minutes after our first encounter with the wonderful staff.
The starters arrived in a reasonable time and were ok. The waiter asked me if I would like another drink which I ordered. Another 20+ minutes elapsed before the mains arrived and the waiter again asked if we would like more drinks. I told him I would like the one I ordered 20 minutes earlier. Eventually we complained to the manager who waived our dinner cost. Don't bother with the restaurant for an evening meal it really is bad. One of the waitresses dress was unclean and one of the waiters shirts was heavily creased and obviously hadn't been ironed. The room we had on the second floor was the usual basic Premier Inn double room. We found a few hairs around the toilet bowl. Shame really as it's in a handy location close to Chichester town centre.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Chichester Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. All feedback is of paramount importance as we endeavor to improve our services and meet all of our customers needs. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel.
Market Deeping, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

just come back from another business trip, and stayed at the Premier Inn in Chichester, the rooms are just the same as any premier inn, which I guess is why I like them, you know exactly what your getting, which for me is a comfortable bed, my only minor niggle was I just could nt seem to get the room warm enough.
I also used the "Thyme" restaurant, and have to say, the staff were all fantastic, very helpful, very friendly, they don't rush you and beer arrives quick, a big thanks to Jamie, cheers mate

Room Tip: ask for room at front of hotel, as the rooms at the rear back onto to A27 which can be a bit busy
2 Thank Tangsoored_11
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will pass you kind comments on to Jamie and the rest of the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here for work, I guess it is a budget hotel but suitably impressed. Only downside is no air-con and a heater that keeps timing out. Also, really creaky floors and thin doors. Could do with better sound insulation from the window too.

Northwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Well, the ads show him lying on a bed but he sure is telling the truth!
My friend and I had booked a twin room and easily found the hotel, which is just off the A27. We knew we had arrived far too early to check in, so just asked for a cup of tea so that we could have a short rest before going out to explore the city. Before our tea had cooled, the receptionist came to find us and said with a big smile that our room was ready and we could check in as soon as we liked. That was a good start, and even the room number (101) couldn't spoil our mood when we saw that it was large and beautifully clean, with an en-suite bath to relax in.
The location is excellent: about five minutes' walk from the station and approx. half a mile stroll from the Cathedral. Parking is free and plentiful.
But what lifted our spirits most of all was the consistently positive, helpful and friendly attitude of all the members of staff we came into contact with. They clearly regard themselves as a team and are rightly proud of the way they look after their guests. We stayed for two nights; next time it will be longer!

Room Tip: Room 101 was perfectly fine for us!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ABK_12
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Chichester and will pass your kind comments on to the team. Thank you so much for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Premier Inn is my chain of choice when travelling with work as they are of a consistent standard and you're guaranteed a great nights sleep! This one was no exception!

Although not as modern as some others I have stayed in, it was very clean and well presented. The staff were great and friendly and when there was a problem with the heating in my room, they brought a heater up with no fuss in approximately 30 seconds!

The hotel is easy to get to and there are plenty of eateries on the retail park to choose from (such as Nandos and Frankie & Benny's) should you not wish to eat in the hotel.

I was in a double room however the bed was two beds pushed together with a big step in the middle which was rather annoying and my only complaint really.

That said, I didn't have a bad nights sleep and I'd stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chichester
Travelodge Chichester Central
Crouchers Hotel
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Premier Inn Chichester Hotel? Share your experiences!