I stayed at the George and Dragon for one night for business and have to say it was excellent value for money.
The hotel is situated right in Chichester town centre, meaning that it's handily located for food, pubs and there's a cinema not too far away too.
I checked in quickly, though I did have to ask for a receipt, and was shown to my room, which was clean, large and modern. Standard hotel amenities were provided, including decent wifi and towel. The accommodation is through the bar and in a converted barn building in the back, split into three blocks of four rooms, two on each of the two floors.
The morning after I was served a very good full English breakfast, and there were continental options laid out to help myself to. I noted that the waiter was very attentive at taking other guests custom orders, which is a good sign. Only slight criticism is that the breakfast was served in the conservatory extension on the main building, meaning that first thing in the morning in October, it was very cold. I ate breakfast with my coat on.
Overall, for £55, it was great value and would absolutely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A town center pub that has retained its old-fashioned public-house charm, the G&D is located in the heart of picturesque Chichester. With its smart bar, conservatory dining room and converted barn-house accommodation, this friendly and comfortable pub is a great local meeting place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George And Dragon Hotel Chichester
- The George And Dragon Chichester, West Sussex