My friend and I chose this as a probably good base for a short stay. The first impression was of very friendly and helpful staff - always a good start. The twin room was compact but very adequate, if a little cramped for bag space. It was very clean and tidy. To be a little picky the shower let it down a bit as it was a bit of a trickle and as someone else mentioned, it did smell a little bit musty. This was just a small thing though and I would recommend the G&D. The conservatory extension for the restaurant is very pleasant and the food was great and a very reasonable price. They start serving early for those who go to the theatre (which is 5 minutes walk away). The noises drifting up from the courtyard are not a problem unless you like to be tucked up in peace and quiet before 11.00 p.m. Breakfast was also very generous and tasty and part of the B&B deal. Thanks G&D staff for a nice experience - would stay again if the occasion arises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish gastropub that has retained its old-fashioned public-house charm, the G&D is located in the heart of picturesque Chichester. With its smart bar, conservatory dining room and converted barn-house accommodation, this friendly and comfortable pub is a great local meeting place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LateRooms, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The George and Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George And Dragon Hotel Chichester
- The George And Dragon Chichester, West Sussex