“AWSOME !”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“AWSOME !”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

It was with out doubt the best 2 night stay of our 10 day trip to the UK. Great people, food and atmosphere. I would say it was like being at home, but our home does not come with that awesome full English breakfast.

Back in the good old USA now.....missing that old English charm.

Room Tip: Make sure you book in advance and go for the full English breakfast!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Will F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Having stayed at the Old Chapel Forge on many occasions and at various times of year I can do no more than commend this establishment to the highest degree. As a couple we have always found the welcome to be friendly, the service to be excellent and the prices to be fair. Both Sandra and Charlie Barnes-Keywood (or the BK’s as they have come to be known) are more than willing to do anything within their power to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The Old Chapel Forge is of a superior quality to most B&B’s and is the recipient of various tourism awards both local and national and one of the growing band of Green Tourism practitioners. When in the area this always our first choice for accommodation and I speak as someone who would usually avoid a B&B in favour of a Hotel.

Room Tip: Go for one of the Chapel rooms if you can but not when I need one.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Sandra and Charlie were fantastic hosts. From the moment we booked they couldn't of done more to help us, the confirmation which gave us directions, possible restaurants with the option to ask them to book for you. We went to a pub which was suggested and it was fantastic in fact their daughter worked there who was ever so helpful and friendly!!
I have never experience such kindness, Sandra even offered to do some washing for me as we had acquired so much on our travels.
Rooms were comfy and cosy, breakfasts were amazing and set us up for the whole day so many choices so would cater for anyone even the most fussy people. I would thoroughly recommend this b&b!

London
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I just don't get these rave reviews at all...I have stayed in far prettier places for the same price and less. It's adequate. That's it. The space in the room could be far better used. It's obvious the owner has never spent a night trying to negotiate oversized cups on very little surface space, and looking into a bathroom mirror when the view is obscured by a Green Notice. The Green Tourism bit is lost on me, I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I recycle and take it seriously, but here you get the impression that the Green bit is only done to cut costs and for convenience. (Tescos carrier bags as bin liners, pesto jars holding tea bags, remnants of previous guests' toiletries in the bathroom to name a few.) In this day and age, we've all seen enough Hotel Inspector and Three in a Bed programmes to suss what goes down well with the customer in 2011. I'm afraid this fell far short of my expectations. I wanted more for my money, and left feeling I might have been better off at Premier Inn.

Bromsgrove
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed on the back of a visit to nearby Goodwood races. Our host offered to run us in to nearby Pagham to a local pub for our evening meal and gave us inside information on the various hostelries in the area. The ensuite facilities were clean and efficient and we were given a key to come and go as we pleased.
Breakfast was the full English with a choice of how you liked your eggs, various fruit, cereal and yoghurt alternatives were also available. Well cooked and filling with fruit juice, tea & coffee also freely available.
A very pleasant and affordable place to stay which I would recommend to anybody who likes warm hospitality as a pre requisite.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I only wanted to stay somwhere nice for a night - availability was on LR so i phoned direct as some times you get a better offer as 'hotel' doesn't have to pay out for commission.
I was told the room would only be available if there were two of us. I dont mind paying the room rate - they can serve me two breakfasts if they like but single travellers are obv not welcome.
I would't usually review such nonsence on TA but when places to stay are actively so discriminating - it makes me mad. I did find somewhere nice to stay and it wasn't here.

Room Tip: Get yourself a marriage certificate
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Travevller
London
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We recommend after very nice and relaxing two nights at the Chapel Forge to exactly book the rooms in the Chapel, which make every visit a historic, luxurious experience. Having travelled some parts of the world there was not one thing to miss. You have everything around, countryside, beaches, restaurants and last but not least and the most important very kind and generous hosts of this perfect weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Chapel Suite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chichester
The Inglenook Hotel & Restaurant
#3 of 4 in Sidlesham
The Boathouse Bosham
The Boathouse Bosham
#1 of 6 in Bosham

Been to Old Chapel Forge? Share your experiences!