“good food but very noisy restaurant”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #42 of 254 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Visited this restaurant for lunch one weekday, on opening the restaurant door the sound that I was confronted with can only be described as a cacophony. In fact the noise was so great that even the waiter had difficulty understanding our order. There was no concern about neighbouring persons overhearing our conversation as we struggled to understand ourselves! However the service was good. We were warned that dishes might appear at different times from the kitchen. This did not worry me although I know some people would not like this approach. The food was very tasty, I had a fish curry but there was little actual fish. The green tea that came was nice too. The decor in the restaurant could be called minimalist but it simply has no decor. It was an expensive lunch I thought, much better value might be had in Chichester at other restaurants.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We went there a weekday evening and were not disappointed, my son, who hates eating out and never eats anywhere else but at home, did eat and surprisingly liked it!, which made my day:)

1  Thank 00702
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I took my 10yr old son here as a bit of a treat on a Friday night, when we were seated we were asked if we had ever eaten there before, and when we said no, they explained how it worked, ie, the food was cooked fresh and came out as soon as it was cooked, so the meals might be slightly staggered.

Even knowing this, I still found it strange that I got my main course before my starter. The starters were OK, and as we were hungry we ate them, for the main, my son had Katsu Curry, which is something we make and eat frequently, but it seemed to be lacking something. My main was a chicken and rice dish which was immediately forgettable.

For Dessert, I had a chocolate fudge cake, which was supposed to have a wasabi cream, but seemed to be lacking the wasabi.

For me, and my son the food seemed to be almost bland and uninspiring, and definitely lacking in punch. Not the sort of flavours I would expect from Pan Asian food (try Yum Yum Ninja in Brighton) and we really would not hurry back for more. Unfortunately, my first experience of eating at a Wagamama Restaurant, will also probably be my last

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I love Wagamama, and have eaten in many of their restaurants, so was excited one was opening in Chichester. My boyfriend and I went on a weekday evening, didn't book and had to wait about 25mins for a seat, but the staff were friendly and it was clearly packed. You sit at long tables so you're likely to be sitting next to people you don't know, so private conversations aren't appropriate! I have no problem with this, as I knew what to expect, but it's annoyed people have been critical of this - Wagamama is a chain, you can see from their other restaurants how they are set up, so don't go if you don't like it! Also, the server explained the food comes out as it's ready, so if you're in a group you're unlikely to get served at the same time. However, I found our food was ready at roughly the same time. Drinks were delivered promptly, and we were asked if we wanted refills.

Our server was very friendly, accommodating and efficient. Our food was delicious and well-cooked. Again, some people have said it's pricey, but I think it's reasonable for this style of food.

I am looking forward to coming here again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Went to wagamama in chichester with my husband and two friends, our table was booked for 8pm but was not ready we had to wait in the queue for 40mins before table was ready, would have gone elsewhere but weather was awful so waited, we finally sat down but were on same table as six men who were rather noisy, service was rubbish just young kids who really didn't know what they were doing not there fault just bad training, we eventually ordered starters then only three came out, we pointed this out to waitress she went off to see where it was and then the mains came out with the other starter even though we were still eating starters not a very good start, very disappointed with the main course, noodles over cooked and soggy, would we go back definitely not.