“DR C”

Cassons Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 242 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$38 - US$62
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The finest food set in charming relaxed surroundings, cooked by award winning Chef Viv. Out of City with plenty of parking.The owners strive to give each guest an unforgettable experience.
“DR C”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time last night, having recently moved to the area. It has a quite a charming, simple interior, and a pleasant enough feel to the place. My wife and I both selected seafood dishes which were really quite good. However, the overall experience was rather disappointing. Firstly, there was a horribly loud table of four in the middle of a very small dining area, who rather detracted from the experience of everyone in the room. Secondly, on reserving the table, I had quite a long chat with the owner and he made quite a fuss of the fact that my fiancée and I were getting married two days prior to the reservation. As other reviewers have said, there seems to be a bit of a "regulars are in" attitude and, sadly, this was borne out by our experience. Despite being present in the restaurant the whole time he did not even speak to us.
Will we visit again? Possibly, but not for a while.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“50th birthday meal”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was the first time we had eaten at Cassons, we had a large party of people and the food was superb. The service was excellent, attention to detail was good and by the time we eventually left (which due to an hour wait for a taxi) we felt like we'd been going there for ages. Cass made us feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend Cassons, and hope to be able to go back again soon. Thank you for making my 50th a memorable time.

UK
“A fantastic feast!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Well I was lucky enough to be taken here on my birthday as my husband and I had driven past on a daily basis. It's in a very handy location. Once inside you can't hear the road and it's incredibly charming and relaxed.
The food, like the company was simply exquisite. I can see how putting these meals together is an art form and Viv is extremely talented.
We were both full to the brim and didn't spend that much more than you would in a gastro pub or restaurant chain.
The service was impeccable and we felt really treated whilst also feeling relaxed.
So glad we've found this gem and we were planning our next visit whilst eating our main!
Would also like to point out that we are still a fairly youngish couple and will be recommending to others our age, since the charm, elegance and taste of Casson's far outweighs the typical chain restaurant. The restaurant reflects an era where eating out was a special occasion and eating at a leisurely pace without using mobile phones was the norm.
A wonderful experience from start to finish. Thank you for such a special evening.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal, great wine & service”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Thank you for a lovely evening! Will have to make better travel arrangements next time so I can stay and enjoy a properly long drawn out meal with lots of wine; the one glass I had was gorgeous. Meal was fantastic each course obviously had a lot of effort put into it, your chefs clearly know what they're doing. Front of house staff were corteous, efficent and knowledgeable, right from booking our table, throughout our meal and the chirpy goodbye and thankyou when we left, thats the sort of thing which doesn't cost the business a penny but makes all the difference to the experience. Many, many thanks, I'll certainly be back next time I'm in the area.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Consistent excellence”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The residents of Chichester are so fortunate to have this little gem of a restaurant on their doorstep. With Viv creating masterpieces in the kitchen, and Cass dispensing homespun wisdom and dry wit to all and sundry out front, the dining experience is memorable.
The menu varies from season to season (the seafood special at present should not be missed), using local produce of high quality. The wine list too offers both the expected and more unusual, at a price to suit all budgets.
We have visited here on many occasions, and never fail to leave feeling well-fed, in all senses, and a feel-good rating of A++++

• Visited July 2014