“Best tapas outside of Madrid!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Castizo

El Castizo
Ranked #3 of 236 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: US$20 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Best tapas outside of Madrid!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I made a point of visiting El Castizo during our romantic getaway to Chichester, purely based upon the fantastic reviews we'd read online. We're very discerning when it comes to tapas, having eaten some of the best tapas Madrid has to offer. El Casitizo did not disappoint! We ordered a variety of dishes, including patatas bravas, serrano ham and chicken croquettes, a variety of Spanish cheeses, and a selection of meats (7 dishes in all). The food was delicious and the portion sizes were very generous. The food is naturally quite salty, so make sure you order plenty of drinks.
The wait staff are themselves Spanish, which really adds to the overall charm and ambience of the restaurant.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Another very good meal, freshly cooked & friendly service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Second time we've eaten here, and perhaps even better than our first visit last autumn - just as well, as I'd taken my in-laws this time as well, and they'd never eaten tapas before. We had a 6pm pre-theatre reservation, orders taken promptly by the friendly and welcoming staff, food freshly cooked to order. Delicious - mushrooms in cream sauce again a standout, along with the lamb cutlets, and broad beans. I should say, e actively avoided the one or two dishes from previously that we remembered as not being that brilliant. And we had a fantastic (though not cheap) Rioja Reserva. Nine dishes between four of us, along with the bread and olives provided, was more than enough.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“hot night”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Have eaten here many times always excellent. Whenever they are available we order the Padron peppers but never had a hot one until last night when we were amazed to have 5 hot ones in the 1 portion that we ordered, what a lovely surprise except for our friends with us as they do not like chilli. It was their first time at El Castizo and despite the hit of chilli they absolutely loved it and will definitely go back. Do try the peppers and see if you can get some hot ones too.

London, United Kingdom
“Underground”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Well apparently its been there a long time, but we have only just found it. A good Tapas restaurant, in a cellar. Different! Food good, fresh and I guess genuine. Would go there again, and would take friends too. I suppose my only grip would be I got fed up with hearing how great they were, I would have thought that was for me to decide. Also how much better they were than anyone else. That sort of makes me suspicious. It was good, and as I say I would defiantly go again. But to much trumpet blowing can be bad for the ears.

Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great food, charming host, what's not to like. We arrived early without a reservation and were lucky to get in, we booked for the next night!

Visited August 2014