“Best little Indian outside of Bradford”

Kiplings Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 721 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Kiplings is a really intimate little restaurant in the railway station at Ilkley, the staff are very helpful (i.e. modifying a dish to suit the diner)the food is always well cooked fresh and has a carefully chosen variety, we have, with friends and family been many times and never been disappointed, well done Kiplings

1  Thank JamesMainMcKenzie

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Really friendly staff. Quick service. Excellent food. Small but not cramped place to eat. Not eaten here for a while but standards are still really good.

1  Thank pamtod07
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Kiplings is a place I've been hearing about for a while so I decided to pay a visit. It wasn't what I expected at all. The little bar upstairs is a slight 80s throw back with Taboo and Peach Archers on offer amongst the usual indian beers but the service was friendly and we were seated in no time. Back downstairs, the tables were a litte cramped but it didn't bother us. There's loads to choose from on the menu and if you like something other than standard chicken dishes, you can opt for fish, liver or lamb. If you're expecting a trendy Akbar-style restaurant, Kiplings is not the place for you. I wish there was a 3.5 good rating - its not average but it doesn't deserve the best curry in Bradford status that others have given it and I'm not sure if I would return.

1  Thank Louise H
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Food A*
Atmosphere C-

To be honest I had heard lots of good reviews about this restaurant. Tried it for the first time tonight and it didn't disappoint.. The food was the best Indian food I've had since Shipley aagrah used to be good 10 years ago. I'm glad I've found a new restaurant to carry the torch for Indian food in Bradford.

The atmosphere I would say isn't great because the restaurant is small and cramped so can be noisy. The service is good.. Not amazing, they do the minimum but I really don't care about service as long as they're not rude and ignorant.

I will be here probably every other week to enjoy the food which is second to none in Bradford right now.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

exactly how Indian food should taste and be served,quality service,spent many years traveling India and this was authentic as it gets,very fresh and tandoori chef is obviously skilled,beats all local restaurants hands down .