“Very sleep, sleepless night tho!”

Ibis Budget Bradford
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
“Very sleep, sleepless night tho!”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The etap Bradford is very cheap budget hotel. The price is good but it's pointless payin £25 if you can't get a wink of sleep.

Because its so cheap it's usually full of young lads and girls having screaming sex and smoking drugs.

The rooms themselves are not bad considering the price. It's just the people it attracts makes it very difficult to get a wink of sleep. The stairway usually stinks of cannabis which isn't pleasant.

It's just off canal road a major dual carriageway running through Bradford, it's hard to block the noise out.

The receptionist usually doesn't speak very good English so good luck

What a shame it cudv bin brilliant!

• Stayed December 2011
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Etap Hotel in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on email h6364-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Deborah Fletcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2012

A great location since it is a 5 min walk in to Bradford Centre. It is a short walk to a great real ale pub The Corn Dolly and we always have a great curry at The Kashmir. If you need a comfortable cheap room for a short break it's fine.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Etap Hotel in Bradford again very soon.

Kindest regards,
Kingston upon hull
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Had to have window looked at as soon as I arrived, bin not emptied after 1st night and sink top not cleaned, as when I picked up my shower gel, the gel was on top of the sink--thought rooms were cleaned daily???Also only a few channels on the TV, including a french 1!!!!--and only 2 radio channels??

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rockerandy
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points you raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Etap Hotel in Bradford very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This was my second time staying in the hotel, so I knew what to expect. For a price of £25 I do think it's value for money, yes it is VERY basic in terms of space (not much distance between the bed and wall, also toilet is very cramped which can leave a bad smell). Also resources are very limited, the room has only ONE plug socket, only 7channels on tv (this I don't see as a bad thing as most other hotels charge you for the use of TV), also only 4 hangers which means if you're staying for 3nights or more you'd probably won't be able to hang all your clothes!

I think the shower was VERY good, nice temperature and very spacious (easily fits two people ;-) )

The only real complaint I have is that on the 2nd night, I was going out to collect some food there seemed to a rodent problem (yes a mouse/rat had somehow got into the building). I find this somewhat unacceptable and disgusting. Yes I was on the ground floor and yes Bradford does have a lot of Rats in city but I don't expect to find it in my hotel whatsoever.

I would stay at the hotel again just for the fact that its cheap, convenient (has a 24hour Tesco opposite) and it attends to my needs but I definitely will not be staying on the ground floor.

Future guests at the hotel need to be realistic in terns of their expectations, you are only paying £28 per night, what do youreally expect??

1 Thank Humblekid
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at the Etap Hotel in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We have looked into this matter, and I can assure you 100% that the hotel has no rodents of any description even thogh we are surrounded by woodlands, but feel free to contact me on 0127472415 or email me on h6364-gm@accor.com if you feel that you would like to discuss this further.
Kindest regards,

glasgow
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights although the hotel is clean in all areas and the staff where friendly there are a lot of thing missing . We stayed in a triple room and where glad there was just 2 of us as it was small and cramped with 2 never mind 3. The bed is made of a board and a 2 inch bit of foam for a matress with one thin pillow for each person and no extra pillows available in the room if required. The toilet was like a small cupboard and was just enough room as was the shower which was seperate from the toilet but small too There is a modern tv in the room but although modern lacks channels ours only had 7 channels available to us bbc 1/2 itv channel 4and 5 one music channel and a french channel. There is also a lack of place to store your clothes 1 small rack on the wall with 4 coathangers no cupboard or drawers so we ended up having to keep clothes for 3 days in the case.There is no tea and coffee making facilities in the room . Although the rate of around £31 a night might seem" budget" at the time the lack of these facilities for the people with an average daily consumption of tea and coffee in 1 day can become expensive as you can buy cups of tea and coffee at £1.40 a time from reception, also if you need internet access wifi is not free you are charged £3 for 2 hours When you consider the other budget hotels who have can have nightly rates of between £19 and £29 a time and all these facilities are free then they are providing a much better deal .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thank you for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them and pass them on.

UK
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We suffered a disturbed night because there was an influx of visiting families. They were continually visiting one another, knocking on doors [which creaked when opened] and talking.
A member of staffed entered our room at 5 o'clock in the morning in search of a noisy television not ours we were asleep!
An outside door was broken, leaving the building insecure where we were, the member of staff did not seem that bothered so we secured it as best we could, not ideal!
The accommodation was adequate and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Etap Hotel in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We have looked into the matter regarding the door and I can sssure you it was not broke but had been left ajar please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Kindest Regards
Deborah Fletcher

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels