“Excellent value for money; very helpful staff”

Ibis Budget Bradford
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at Bradford 'Ibis Budget' on a number of occasions during March and April 2013, as a cheaper alternative to staying in Leeds. The location is fairly good for those of us travelling on foot/public transport, being about 35 minutes walk from 'Bradford Interchange' (i.e. the main rail and bus station)' about 20 minutes from Bradford Forster Square Rail Station, and with buses to Leeds, Bradford and the airport passing near the hotel. Most useful of all, it has a shops close by; a 24-hour Tesco opposite, and a microwave in the lobby for cooking a 'ready meal', with plastic forks and napkins provided. The hotel also offers free WiFi in the lobby. The rooms could benefit from redecoration, but they are kept very clean; are quieter than most hotels of this kind (invariably situated by busy roads), and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful (particularly when I had to go to hospital one morning and needed help with my bags). 'Ibis Budget' are probably the best value hotels in the Leeds and Bradford area (note: book early to get the best deals).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Budget in Bradford again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Budget Bradford

Reviewed 29 April 2013

On my arrival I was meet at the front entrance by a number of untidy people smoking and mucking about which was a bit threatening.
At reception I was allocated a room on my way I was confronted with a youth trying to hold a pint of beer and he was trying to asking me for something, he push past me.

I when got to the room which was in a dark part at the end of the corridor on the ground floor, I found the room had not been cleaned.
When back to reception and asked for another room on another floor.
With the automatic doors being constantly opening the smell of cigarette smoke came into reception and corridors.
Found my room which was 2nd flood which was fine
The following night I was woken up at 2.30am to shouts and arguments which sounded like was coming from somewhere on my floor.
I got out of bed and locked the door, then tried to get back to sleep
Did not both complain to the staff as they appeared complacent?
Was glade to leave?

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Apologies that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Hotel in Bradford. I will look into this matter, but in the meantime, feel free to email me at h6364-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We chose this hotel based on location and price and happy with both.
We live in Manchester and my husband does a 60 mile round trip to work daily. With this being the school holiday week I had taken a few days off from work and my son & I took a trip to Skipton, visited the Castle and enjoyed a river cruise and had a lovely day out. I then drove onto this hotel in Bradford where I met my husband after work which was so convenient for him.
I did like the entrance to this hotel as it has automatic doors, which is very useful when carrying bags.
The staff on reception were very friendly, explaining the keycard system that is in place in the hotel, Also advising us of the car park charge which was a minimal 3.50 per car. I felt this was a safe and secure car park too with plenty of spaces.
My son loved the set up of our room with his bunk bed, (which did have a mattress) over the double bed. The room was adequate for our 1 nights stay with seperate toilet & shower - which was nice & warm, double bed and TV - with remote. We were supplied with 2 towels and there was 1 plug socket to use.
We then went out for a bite to eat at a nearby pub called The Turf, which was very reasonably priced too.
We enjoyed a good nights sleep here when we returned.
My husband then left for work after a little lie in as he did not have that long motorway drive.
We checked out shortly after with very friendly reception staff and then made our way onto York.
After reading other reviews on here, yes I was a little dubious of what I was going to find. However we had a lovely stay here, I recommend it to others as a Value Hotel, nothing posh, but clean & comfortable with an option to buy breakfast, drinks, snacks etc... if you wanted. Or there is a retail park over the road with a supermarket if you fancied something else.
We will return here - thank you

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget in Bradford and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

This is a basic hotel but is perfectly located for Forster Square station and Bradford City Football Club. It's not so good for pedestrian access to the City Centre. Off street parking is available and is reassuringly secure with a barrier access.
I paid £27 for the night and at that price the hotel represents excellent value, but don't expect any "trimmings" for that. You probably won't particularly want to spend leisure time in the hotel lobby but if a bed is all you need it's very good. It promotes itself as a clean and basic hotel and that is exactly what it is.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Ibis Budget in Bradford. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

i stayed here for three nights . the rooms are good size could do with more space in the toilet but apart from that i enjoyed my stay the staff are helpful and happy to help at any time of day or night i will be staying here again when im next on my travels and will recommend this hotel to my family and friends .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget in Bradford.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 2 small children over the Easter bank holiday while travelling up to see family. We booked a room with the bunk bed, the room was basic but clean so to us that was all that mattered, any dealings with had with the staff they were so friendly and helpful, even great with the kids. The carpark is to pay for, but it is secured with a barrier so we were fine with that. Overall we had a nice stay and would return again without a doubt!

• Stayed: April 2013
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your comments, My team and I are happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. It is always a joy to share positive comments, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Budget in Bradford again very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Room was smelly and dirty, undersheets on the bed covered in other customers hair, room dusty. WORST of all the rooms were FREEZING. Would never stay at this hotel again. Cheap and nasty comes to mind. I have stayed in many hotels but this has been my worst by a mile (home or abroad). Vey off putting to be greated by a security guard. I know it is a budget hotel but this one is beyond budget. You need to send in a undercover boss. The only good thing about this hotel is the free parking!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Ibis Budget in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. I am very suprised and shocked regarding some of your comments please feel free to contact me via email on h6364-gm@accor.com to maybe discuss these matters further.