“Reasonable Value But Not Too Accessible For Guests Arriving Om Foot”

Ibis Budget Bradford
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
London, United Kingdom
“Reasonable Value But Not Too Accessible For Guests Arriving Om Foot”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. Having read some of the reviews, I must confess to some apprehension as to whether I had made the right choice, even though I have stayed at other IBIS budget hotels.

But my stay was thankfully uneventful. The staff at the reception were friendly and helpful. Apart from a shortage of toilet paper, the room was well prepared – clean towels, sheets, toilet and bathroom. The main gripe I had was the lack of choice of channels on the tv: only Channels 1-5, BBC4, BBC News, Radios 1, 2 and 5, plus some music tv channel which I did not recognise. That said, I was disappointed with the standard of cleaning during my stay; the shower floor did not appear to have been cleaned properly after my first night. On the other hand, I was provided with fresh towels – not that I had requested them – and soap.

If I have one adverse comment, it is that the hotel entrance is not particularly accessible for those guests arriving on foot. The hotel itself is up an embankment on the far side of a busy ring road, and although there are traffic lights at the junction with Valley Road, they do not incorporate a pedestrian phase. Thus, to some extent you are taking your life into your hands, when crossing the road. Also there is no clear signposting at these traffic lights on how to reach the hotel entrance. (Incidentally, if you decide to use the google directions from either of the railway stations, I suggest that you go along Valley Road to the 24 hour Tescos opposite the hotel, rather than Canal Road, as suggested by google).

I’d give the hotel a marking of 3 out of 5, given that I had paid £46 for the two nights. My room, which was on the other side to the road, was quiet. Check in and check out were quick and efficient. On the other hand, the preparation and cleaning of my room were lacking in a couple of respects. But my main problem was that it seemed to operate under the assumption that all its guests would arrive by car.

Richard R

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Picturehouse2013
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Budget in Bradford very soon.

Deborah Fletcher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel as a last minute option. The room was clean and tidy but very very basic. The shower had good water pressure and was warm.

Unfortunately the hotel is next to a main road so if you have your window open its very loud however you can't her this when the window is closed.

Across the road is a 24 hour tescos which is handy. I would defiantly stay in this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Many thanks for posting your nice comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget in Bradford.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I read so many bad reviews on this website but when I actually went there I regret every second wasted reading. The two gentleman on reception - Chris and Nimesh made my stay safe and comfortable. I'd recommend the hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed September 2013
My team and I very much appreciate your kind wordsit is always a pleasure to read positive fedback, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget in Bradford.