Cherrytree Lodge
US$92
US$65
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$46
US$54
US$44
  • Restaurant
US$72
US$60
Priceline
Jurys Inn Bradford(Bradford)(Great Value!)
US$53
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest houseflying from leeds bradford airportcherry treerecommend staying heregood nights sleeprooms were very cleanstayed herestay there againwithin walking distancecomfy bedhostsbedroomidle
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband when visiting family up north,Asked for the luxury double room.
The owner greeted us and asked us to take our shoes off on entering..Which we thought was fantastic as thats what we do at home (Who wants to stay in a room with dirty carpets,Not me).
The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable,There was no noise from outside and we had a sound sleep...Would definitely stay here again as it was in the hub of a lovely bustling village,..with lots of pubs and eateries around. G & M ...Eastbourne.

Room Tip: Go for the luxury room with the garden view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarieVirgo65
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at Cherry Tree Lodge in January. This was a business trip and we had said that we would be arriving early evening as after our journey we would need to unload and make a start on the job in hand. This presented no problem but we certainly did not expect to be met on the doorstep with the greeting, "Take your shoes off, please." A polite enquiry about whether we had had an easy journey would have been nice!
We'd hoped to be shown straight to our rooms with a minimum of fuss and delay so that we could shower, change and go and find something to eat. What actually happened was that we had to be 'registered', somewhat of a euphemism for a demand for the money up front. My husband explained that he was not carrying that amount of cash and would pay on departure, the usual arrangement. There was some resistance to this and we were told that there were cash points 'just round the corner'. We did not oblige.
Our rooms, right at the top of the house, were supposed to be en suite. This normally means a shower/bath, wash basin and toilet contained within the room. All either room had was a shower cubicle and wash basin actually in the bedroom. In order to turn the shower on or use a toilet we needed to go out on to the landing.
The only furniture our double room contained apart from a rather small double bed was a chair and a set of small steps doing duty as a bedside table. There were a few hooks with coat hangers. In fact there was nowhere to put anything - not even a small shelf by the washbasin - apart from the floor. We fared slightly better than our colleague in the single room; at least our shower worked. The only way he could get a hot shower was to go down stairs and use the shower room there.
Our room was supposed to have private tea and coffee making facilities but these were not on offer.
The 'no shoes' policy was a cause of concern as the stairs were quite steep and the handrail not very reassuring. Going up was not too bad but coming down felt decidedly unsafe. The situation was made worse, and even more dangerous, by the fact that all lights were on time switches and did not give any of us enough time to get down to the next level before we were left in the dark again.
Unusually for somewhere that advertises bed and breakfast the breakfast was not included in the price quoted. I believe it would have cost an extra £7+ per person for a 'continental breakfast' and we decided we might do better elsewhere - which we did.
The only really positive thing to say about this establishment was that it was clean.
Fortunately we only had to stay for two nights as we completed the job on time.
I really would never bother to visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank LeFey
cherrylodge29, General Manager at Cherrytree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2015

We always greet our guest politely with a smile, after a long journey I understand you stress & the task of finding your destination with no sat nav :) We ask everyone treat out home like theres, shoes off at the door, hygene is a must ! payment with all budget guest houses & hotels is on arrival, with card to secure the room & confirming ID, we pass the saving on to you, hence we do not use card for payments,reducing bank charges.
you wree asked on the initial booking budget double standard room or deluxe, you choose deluxe @ £44.90 breakfast is indeed £6.99

room are comfortable with under bed storage draws, hanger rail & on wall wardrobe storeage, all rooms have shower / sink facilities. deluxe have complete bathrooms. Thank you for your stay.. regards

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Back in July, I booked into this guest house thinking that it was going to be a normal, civilised place to stay at. Instead, this was quite different, although I was greeted nicely, the service and the code of conduct was appalling. As I entered the property I was asked to take my shoes off. The when I was shown my room, the person just patronised me telling how the light switch worked. They didn't offer breakfast and if they did, it was charge at an extra cost of £6 a head on top of the original price they charged, which was £45 for the room. I had to go to the local cafe each morning to get my breakfast. Then during my stay, this person started to get nasty by demanding the full payment must be made in cash before I leave at the end of my stay. Usually the normal way of doing this is to pay with a bank card. They didn't accept that. Also, during my stay, he moved me to a poky room in the loft where he made some excuse that he had an old lady coming that night and that he wanted to put her in the room that I was staying in. That was a complete lie. He had no one there at all. The worst part about this was that I am a partially sighted person and to treat a person in that sense was disgraceful. The stairs I had to go up were extremely steep and the banisters were quite rickety at the top too. Please be aware of this place. I strongly recommend to everyone to stay well away from this place altogether. It is dreadful!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Andrew S
cherrylodge29, Manager at Cherrytree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2015

After giving this gent the 3 week discount room price rates, he still wa very reluctant to pay, although we always suggest payment on arrival as with all hotels..One booked in, this guest behaved in an appalling manner towards our staff making leud sexual remarks to the female staff, After a long drawn out polite manner towards his attitude, 7 days we asked him to leave due to his unacceptable behaviour & groping a member of staff, we refunded him at the higher rate, with balance refunded in full as he was very reluctant to pay initially . After stating to be partially blind , turned out he made his living from professional photography to a train magazine freelance. He was lucky not to be reported to the Police !!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I arrived at agreed time, 5:30, no one was in. I rang and got no apology, but was just told by the owner he was out and would be back in 20 minutes. I had to wait in the car for an hour before he actually turned up. It was -2 degrees. He turned up - still no apology, he just wanted payment- and insisted on 5 pounds more than we had agreed!!! He made it clear If I didn't pay it I could not stay. Obviously I had to pay as by now it was 7pm and I didnt fancy sleeping in the car in the middle of winter. Considering I had been using petrol heating my car for the previous hour this was a right cheek. Not a nice experience. The place is clean but this was completely overshadowed by the service, and what felt a bit like extortion.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank AWillison

Another who arrived on the wrong day ! or booked the wrong date ! payment is on arrival we also ask if you book through one of the agencies laterooms, booking.con, tripe advisor , as there agency site suggest " please call 15-30 minute before arrival" - we have kids at school, & grovceries to collect, we cannot be here all the time. We run a lovely guest house @ budget prices £29.90 for your single room,as requested & upgraded to a ensiute for £5 , on your wrong day was all we had. We did our best at your mistake, & you blame us !! hahaha Thank you.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We were greeted with "Take your shoes off" and we hadn't even got in the door.We had booked initially with a credit card to be told they only took cash.They asked me to sign for my room with someone else's details on the form until i told them my name was different to what was on the form.Our room was supposed to be a double but was in fact an oversize single bed.The noise outside at night while we were trying to sleep was horrendous and went on till about 5.30am.On leaving there were no goodbyes or in fact no one around to complain to about the noise.We left very dissapointed although we must admit the room was spotlessly clean

Room Tip: Get a room at the front and not the back
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank greatgb

Your budget standard double rom @ £44.90 was what you booked, you as all guests are asked standard double or deluxe, stating the differences between. Treat our home as you would yours , shoes off please :) it only hygienic, as dogs rats & vermin run the street when wet outside, that's why the house is immaculately clean. Sorry no one was about when you left as a farm owner guest house, we were probably attending the animals from very early that day..The disturbance in the early hours was a car accident not far way, we have no control over drunk drivers & accident on the road . have a great weekend