“❤️”

Bab Tooma Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 1,025 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: £8 - £30
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Food and service was excellent. The waiter was very pleasant. The food was really good. I enjoyed the setting and the restaurant looked very appealing.

4  Thank aniqanishatchoudhury

Reviewed 15 April 2018

The BAB TOOMA restaurant is a completely new type of eaterie in BRADFORD.For a start its origins are Syrian and the food is very different to 99% of the restaurants in Bradford.
That should not put anyone off from eating here, especially for those who have been to Greece or Turkey or indeed Cyprus.The cuisine whilst undoubtedly Syrian resembles dishes from these countries and a few more.If you`ve had Mezze then many of these dishes will be familiar to you.
I don`t pretend to be an expert on this food but I know how these foreign sounding dishes should taste and I can honestly say this is the real deal.
There are of course dishes which are familiar to everyone and if you are unsure of anything please ask the waiter/waitress.The young man who served us was called ANAS and he did all he could to explain the ingredients if they looked unfamiliar to us.He obviously is pretty new to the English language but with a little prompting and patience he helped us to make some great choices.I`ll be perfectly honest my main reason for this visit was to check on their grilled SEA BASS and it was terrific.
The mint aperitif is fabulous and at the end of your meal try the cardamom tea exactly right.Having had the fish and several mezze dishes it was perfect.
Please go with the right attitude and forgive the broken English,how well would we cope in Syria?
My wife and I went at about 2pm on Wednesday and enjoyed the privacy and treatment of being the only customers there.
Brilliant,we`re taking friends next time we go and that will be soon.

4  Thank PETALDUST
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

After a couple of great visits in the past 6 months, this time we invited friends of ours and had 5 kids between us including a baby. Staff were wonderful, they are so kid friendly. They brought out colouring books and asked if we wanted the kids meals out first (yes please!). Food was again outstanding, lentil soup, lamb kebabs and lemon and mint drink were fabulous. Great value too my favourite restaurant.

3  Thank timdudal1000
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We were a large party, including young children. The restaurant accommodated us in a separate area which made for comfortable dining. We chose the feast to share and it was really delicious - as was the complementary soup. A wonderful family evening out.

2  Thank FranceGrandma
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The waitress wasn’t very attentive and I don’t think she had a good grasp of English as I asked for water several times, she nodded but it never came. I had ordered mixed pickles and didn’t touch them as they were hard and not nice - I told her this and, aghast, watched her take my plate away and eat them in the kitchen !! I don’t really know where to start with what to say about that !! We were in disbelief, really. Never seen a waitress eat a customer’s leftovers before. The mixed pickles were still on my bill but it was so hard communicating with the staff that I couldn’t face disputing it when I went up to pay (again, had asked the girl for the bill but it never came so I had to search for someone to let me pay). She also removed my boyfriend’s plate when I was still eating. That’s a big no - no. You don’t do that. You wait until both have put down their knives and forks. Made me feel self - conscious about still sitting with my plate when my other half didn’t have one.

The guy who took our order also couldn’t understand me. I had to speak really slowly and enunciate every vowel and consonant but he still didn’t understand me, so I therefore resorted to pointing at the menu ! My voice is clear and I have never had anyone before complain that they can’t understand me, so I’m not sure what else I could have done to be understood ? I therefore can only surmise that the problem was with the staff’s comprehension of English. I have managed all my life people understanding me the first time I say something, but the staff here looked utterly perplexed when I asked for, for example, “the bill” or “water”, which I’d imagine ought to be pretty regular and standard things they are asked for ?

I didn’t really like the service. It was too rushed and hurried, they couldn’t understand what you asked for, and the restaurant was *freezing*. I chose this place based on the reviews, but I’m starting to lose my faith in TA a bit; this isn’t the first time this has happened and I’ve been disappointed. Maybe sometimes you’re better not relying on reviews ?? In my experience anyway, I’m inclined to think that.

1  Thank stesseeee