“Lovely Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely Sunday lunch with my family. Lovely friendly young waiters. Meat was plentiful and the biggest Yorkshire pudding ever! My daughter in law had only one small complaint and that was the turkey should come with stuffing. My son and I had steak pie which was delicious and meat was succulent. The white horse has always been known for its steak pie and this was up to standard. The only request I would have is that the pie isn't served in a dish, we and someone on another table struggled with the hot dish to put the pie on the plate with the chips and peas as very difficult to eat from the dish. Other than this a lovely lunch and will be returning.

1  Thank Tracycaravan1960

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Highly recommend this pub and it's food. A warm welcome, excellent food, well presented. Well kept cask ales and a good selection of wine. It was our first visit but won't be our last.

2  Thank dragoncars
Reviewed 14 April 2014

6 of us visited on a sunday afternoon and the food was very good with only one of our group going for the sunday lunch.The menu had a nice mix with no complaints about our starters or mains.When i worked out the costs it was around 14 pound per person for two courses and for the quality of this food it was a bargain . Well done White horse keep it up.

3  Thank charleystewart
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've heard a lot about the new owners of The White Horse restaurant in Thornton I so thought let's give it a go and see what all the fuss is about, I went with my good lady for a an early Sunday lunch on arrival we where greeted warmly by the staff, ordered our drinks and was seated straight away, after perusing the menu which was very varied I received a phone call from our daughter, can it come too dad, as we had not booked I asked if we could make it for three people, again the staff was very helpful and we waited for the arrival of our little princess, on her arrival we ordered starters followed by the mains which I must say where delicious, the afternoon was very nice and will certainly go again, the beers are good as well as the food.
Keep it up guys and see you soon

3  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I called in here for an early evening meal. We were warmly welcomed .We both ordered main dishes that were beautifully cooked. Although it was mid week, by the time we left it was becoming qiute busy but there were still some free tables.I have also visited here at lunchtime and enjoyed an equally good meal.They make some of their dishes half portion size which is a good option if you want to have enough room for a pudding.

3  Thank Kelly39