“Well what do I say about this place....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #16 of 20 Bradford B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Well what do I say about this place....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Doorway to hotel in poor state of repair with rubble and barely painted surface. Card payment taken before I arrived & stated that it was verified by signature, which couldn't of happened as I wasn't there!! Car Park is the steepest in history, had to leave my car in 1st gear to ensure it didn't roll away. No toilet roll holder in bathroom, No door on shower, so water went everywhere. Sink blocked. No tea, coffee facilities. One towel, no toiletries! Stained paintwork, holes in ceiling tiles. Bits pulled off chipboard bedroom furniture. Hole kicked in bed front. Wardrobe unable to be opened as needless empty bedside in the way (No need for two). TV to small, no remote for it & when questioned was told to just use the buttons on the side!! Cigarette burns in windowsill. Fag butts & USED CONDOM on outside windows ledge.
Actually had someone singing (If it could be called that!!) at the top of their voice & coughing for a solid hour @ 3 o'clock in the morning until I telephoned the hotel & complained. This woke me up, kept me awake & then I couldn't get back to sleep!!!!
DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 8!!!!

They should give me a full refund!! It was disgusting!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in this place!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Kitchino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Booked online. When phoning to state the arrival time was asked for payment. Online booking service claims money will not be taken from card at time of booking. Hired help stated my card details not on booking form. Wanted payment before 6 hours before I had arrived. Room 5 - not clean, no kettle or tea facilities. TV run by some form of digital receiver... not very easy to use and took 30 minutes to work out how to turn it on. Screen appeared to have cigarette burns on it. Bathroom poor. Unclean smell to my room. Doorway to hotel in poor state of repair with rubble and barely painted surface. Very noisy car park with people standing around and shouting at each other for much of the night. Not restful after a long day at work. No meals taken as I start work too early for breakfast (7.00am is breakfast time if staff are available to make it) I was able to get from the manager some milk in a glass with a few tea bags and the loan of an electric kettle at no extra cost.

Overall... I do not recommend this hotel and I think that paying little extra for an established brand would be the better option. If Park hotel is to survive as a viable business, then a little customer service would go a long way. The room I was in was very tired and possibly quite unclean. Some attention to basic hygiene would not go amiss. The noise in the car park was incredible and it is hard to see how the hotel can improve without some sort of security presence for the uninvited and unwanted visitors to the car park. This was my first vista to Bradford and I suspect that the area surrounding the hotel is one of Bradford's poorer neighbourhoods.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff C

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The rooms were simple
But clean,I had bed and breakfast,the breakfast,
Was lovely,I did ask for a eve meal,but could not
I found the staff ok,
The manager was lovely and
Very helpful
There was no bar,but did say that could be in the future

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank tigerbobo
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

i have stayed here since this 'refurb' it clearly hasnt worked, the room was foul, the carpet was dirty, there was no curtains, in the bathroom, the shower tray was covered in pubes and it was yellow, there was a tissue and a joint stuffed down the bathroom sink!! i was outraged by this!!!
the toilet door was just hanging, had no handles on it! the bed covers smelt of smoke and was covered in dodgy looking stains! to top it of they said we could get in and out at anytime, we got back at 3.00am to find they had locked us out, when someone eventually let us in he was drunk, i then spent the night listening to others in the hotel, and the people in the house next door playing music out the backs of their cars - needless to say we didnt stay the 2 nights we were meant too.

Room Tip: pay extra money and go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rachel B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

A can not belive it this hotel is the pits the beds are minging , the room dosnt look they have been clean what so ever , there are lonney tunes running around blasting music . Ave came in after doing 12 hour shift abso knackerd cant sleep , the breakfast is no good either microwaved to bits , people walking around stoned havnt got a clue what day it is ...Even the manager says " these people who live here are mental and the govenmemt pay for the to live here " seriously you should see them man ....the bathroom is a complete dive a woundt dare go to the toilet like with all the mould around it and that ...look just never go here its the most digusting hotel ive ever been in and i have been in soo many hotels with me working away for years .....at this momment a feel like knocking one them out or the manager for all the noise like blasting music are thats another thing in my room is like a generator noise loud as out !!!!! Arrrrrhhh a am so annoyed its unreal !!! I rest my case

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Azza1987
andy m, Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
I am disappointed that you didnot enjoy your stay. However the Hotel has recently had a change of ownership and a refurbishment of the property is under way. our aim is to provide good value for money and for all our guests to enjoy there stay with us
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

This hotel is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed
Beds are broken ,sheets are dirty so much so I slept on the floor! (What sleep I got due to screaming baby upstairs)
I had a visitor of the furry kind at 3am (mouse). The whole room was dirty and had mould in the bathroom and on the tea tray!
Breakfast was foul. I was surrposed to stay 4 nights but handed the keys in , staff were not surprised and just said you do know we have a no refund policy.
This hotel has a lot of benifit claiments living there who come and go at all hours. And some very strang stuff was going on in the car park!
To be avoided at all costs!!

• Stayed August 2011
5 Thank onelifefltit
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

Do everything to avoid this hotel, it was really disgusting. The first room I was supposed to get had fungus on the ceiling and in the bathroom. I thus asked to change the room, which was accepted right away. The new room was much larger, but at least as dirty as the first one, oven though there was no fungus. The bathroom floor was like glue, I kept sticking to it, the mirror was that dirty that I could not see my face, the toilet seat was that dirty that when I swiped it with a wet towel, it was left brownish. The carpet in the room must have been vacuumed a month ago at best and was really due for changing. The bed linen was stained; I did not dare to use a pillow. I left after only one night of two for another hotel, staff it not even bother to ask why. At breakfast, I discussed with some colleagues about the bad state of the hotel, staff overheard it but did not say anything. TO BE AVOIDED BY ALL MEANS!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business