Jurys Inn Bradford
  • Breakfast included
US$54
US$48
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelocity
US$92
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,441 results
All reviewsncp car parkcoach tripcity centrealhambra theatrebusiness tripevening mealcoach partymodern hotelmedia museumnational holidaysgood sizepleasant staywould stay againreception staffone night staynight's sleepexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here last night 17th September - not happy with the post code, the post code on the hotels site was 2 1/2 miles away from the hotel took me nearly 1hr to find the hotel......wasn't amused. Called the hotel to find out where they were located, it took 4 calls before someone eventually picked up the phone, they gave me another post code and when I put this in the sat nav it was for Dundee!! called back again (they answered quickly this time) kept them on the phone till got another post code that was correct. Eventually found hotel............checked in..... not a very happy receptionist, she couldn't find my booking so I had to look out the print out with booking number, eventually got to my room. The room was clean enough but the bathroom needed a good clean especially the shower, brown marks, old soap scum round the base of the shower, not nice! Went down for evening meal, service was not the best but ok - had to ask for my drink that I had ordered as no one was bringing it to my table, food was ok but very overpriced.
Back to the room and when I was getting in to bed I was disgusted to find a huge (at least 14 inch) tear in the duvet cover at my feet. The only reason I didn't call down and complain was I had a single bed in my room which I slept in. 3.00am I eventually fell to sleep and had to get up at 7.00am so was not at my best in the morning. Down to breakfast and service was appalling the man asked my room number, complained I hadn't booked breakfast (which I know my company had) he then said it's self service help yourself. The 3 gentlemen behind me gave their room number and the waiter then asked them if they had been before and when they said no he explained everything in full to them...........why did he not do the same for me - surly he should treat each guest the same.
On checking out I was going to mention the ripped duvet cover and dirty shower, but the receptionist never even had the courtesy to ask if I had had a good night and was everything to my satisfaction. I stay in hotels usually 2 to 3 nights a week and this has easily been the worst hotel I have stayed in for a very long time.
I was booked in again next week for 2 nights needless to say I got my company to call them this morning and cancel my booking and re-book with Premier Inn............

Room Tip: I was in a room on the 5th floor facing the NCP car park, there was a lot of shouting and swearing form outside
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lesley V
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor following your stay at Jurys Inn Bradford I do apologise for the mix up with regards to your stay and the issues you encounted with the postcodes. I have checked our sites and all 3rd party websites and can confirm the Postcode displayed is the correct one and the issue arised is due to us been a fairly new build.

I have passed your comment regarding the issues at reception and within your room to the relevant managers and thanks to your comments we have been able to act on the issues you experienced and I am sorry you encounted these issues on your arrival.
I do appreciate your comments as it is feedback from our guests that allow us to maintain and improve our levels of service, standards and facilities here at the Hotel and I am sorry your stay did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.

Thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated.

Yours Sincerely

Mark Bussey

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This hotel is well placed for the city centre, and at the price we paid it offered good value. The breakfast was very good and the staff were polite and helpful. The room was of a good standard, but the drinks tray was sparsely supplied. The room equipment was good and the bathroom a decent size. My only, minor, grumble would be that the bathroom looked a little grubby; like it just has a quick 'swish over' between guests, rather than a thorough cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed at the hotel last night for business. Quick check in. Allocated a room on the 5th floor, nice & quiet. The room had a double & a single bed, very clean & good quality furnishings. The mattress was quite hard but I am spoilt with a memory foam mattress at home. Tea & coffee making facilities but no biscuits! After a 2 & a half hour drive a biscuit with my coffee would have been nice. We booked a table for dinner when we checked in, glad we did as it was quite busy, especially for a Monday evening. Good quality food at reasonable prices & friendly staff. It would be nice if more attention could be paid to people with dietary requirements (eg highlighting gluten free dishes). My friend asked the waitress about the chips/fries, she checked with the chef who advised that the chips themselves are gluten free but are cooked with other things so therefore unsuitable!! The rooms have air con so very comfortable. The shower this morning was good, nice to have a decent pressure shower in a hotel. There is a good choice for breakfast, I opted for the hot (full English) which is self service. All in all a very enjoyable stay, I would definitely stay again. Very convenient for the Alhambra Theatre which is just round the corner.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TenerifeAddict
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. Wicked shower!! The only downside was how loud it was outside very early in the morning.
I would stay here again but request a quieter room. Very good value for money at £49 a night.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stay in the Jurys in Bradford regularly to visit our daughter in Uni. We always have a lovely welcome and the rooms are 4*. We have had breakfast at the hotel, but to be honest at £10 per head it's cheaper to walk around to Weatherspoons, or pop to the Deli opposite on Quebec St for a quarter of the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family