“Good service, convenient location”
Review of Jurys Inn Bradford

Jurys Inn Bradford
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I regularly stay at the Jurys Inn, Bradford on business.

The rooms are good, the staff friendly and helpful, and the food is fine.

Also, if you need to be in the center of Bradford, it is an ideal location

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor and taking the time to share your experiences.
I do hope I get the pleasure of inviting you back in the near future

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Bradford

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed 1 night this was my 3rd visit this year. We use this hotel to see shows at the Alambra Theatre. Staff are friendly and helpful at reception. Room I stayed in this time was a standard which was very spacious and clean, stayed in the superior last time , either are good. Always found useful information in the room , menu etc. I ordered room service, prices are reasonable but food quality needs improving. The hotel is positioned well and a car park to the side which is run by NCP. This hotel is well run and would recommend. Food quality to improve is in relation to food served from menu to your room, the breakfast is lovely however, plenty of choice and the sausages esp are tasty and not cheap ones. Breakfast is a credit to the hotel along with staff service throughout.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Vodkasue,

Thank you for your trip advisor review, it is very pleasing to read such nice cooments and I do hope we see you again at Jurys inn Bradford.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I checked in and asked for a glass of water they told me to go downstairs and get one myself! Asked for a menu...told to go and get one!
No customer service what so ever!

May as well stay at etap!

Got a wake up call at 4am that I didn't ask for and the door wouldn't shut properly unless forced shut! I went out with my friend and came back to the door open! Complete joke!

Complained to check in desk told I would get a call from a manager...2 weeks later still no call even though I have rang to speak a number of times!

Would never stay here again...no such thing as customer/room service and anyone could have walked into our room!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Myview2you,

Thank you for your review of Jurys Inn Bradford,
I was sorry to hear you experienced some problems during your stay and if you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact me on 01274 848500

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stopped here as part of a Christmas market weekend with National Holidays. Can't fault the hotel at all, meals were great rooms were warm clean and spacious and the staff were fantastic, nothing was a problem-even down to organising decaf coffee for our coach driver after dinner. Will definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013

dear susanhorsley73,

Thank you for your trip advisor review,

I was delighted you enjoyed your stay at Jurys Inn Bradford, and even more so that you enjoyed the service of the staff.

I do hope we can invite you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Positioned well, near the city centre and very close to the Alhambra. The NCP car park is a 2 min walk away and the hotel will stamp your ticket for a discounted parking rate.

The bedroom was comfortable with regard to fixtures and fittings but was very noisy from the outside. On closer inspection, after a poor nights sleep, it seems the double glazing was poorly fitted and allowed outside noise in as well as a draft. I only stayed the one night so there wasnt a chance for the staff to remedy the situation but they seemed keen on putting it right when i explained the issue when checking out.

On the food front, breakfast was fine, there was a reasonable choice and the breakfast room was comfortable.

Overall, for the price (i paid a corporate rate of £30 including breakfast for the night) the hotel is pretty good value and i would stay again but i'd avoid room 418 unless the windows have been fixed.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

dear 2555aster,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor, I was sorry to hear that your sleep was affected due to a fault with the window. I can only apologise this had an impact on your stay.
If you are ever in the area again then please do contact me at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com
if I can be any assistance to make your stay a more enjoyable one.

Thank you once again for your feedback it is very much appreciated.

Operations manager

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed Saturday night 30th November as part of a large coach group. The hotel was nice and clean and the beds comfortable and the shower had a good pressure. I had previously stayed and loved the Jurys Inn in Dublin and this was on a par with it. As we stopped in York to experience the Christmas markets first the coach driver informed the hotel in the morning that we would like the last sitting for dinner at 8.30pm which they agreed to, After reading the previous reviews I was very disappointed. The meal was a complete shambles as there was only one waitress taking the orders from around 20 tables (40 people) that had no no's on them (I assume this was only for the benefit of the chef) The main course was dreadful, the fish was dried up and the peppered chicken was also dry and cold the only taste was of pepper. The new potatoes and vegetables were only luke warm and the cheesecake was a little claggy as if it had been out of the freezer too long. The breakfast was a different matter thankfully, there was a lovely selection of fruit, cereals, sweetbreads and hot well cooked food. There was nearly a fight at the bar as again there were times when only one person was serving and the queue was so long. I felt sorry for the few pleasant and helpful staff as they were under so much pressure. I would stay again as the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast was godd but I would make sure I had dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Avril84
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear avril88,

Thank you for your review on Jurys Inn Bradford and sharing your experience. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your stay but was most dissapointed to hear of your negative dinner experience. I would like to apologise for the standard of meal and would like to assure you that this is not the level of service we generally provide. I have shared your experience with my F&B manager and would like to Thank You for your honest comments here on trip advisor. If you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact myself at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com and I would be only too happy to discuss further your experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I went here with a group of friends (11 in total) and we had booked 5 twin rooms and a single room - we were given 6 double rooms. When we pointed out the error the manger arranged camp beds for the double rooms. This wasn't ideal to say the least. The management understood this and gave us complimentary breakfasts which made things a lot better.
The hotel was pleasant to stay in, unfortunately a few of the camp beds had missing slats which meant that a couple of the guys ended up sleeping on a mattress on the floor....cue a sleepless night. The management apologised for this and gave them a bottle of wine.

Overall the hotel is nice and the staff are really helpful and will do what they can. The food was nice, the rooms were clean and the value for money is good. I'd like to think it was just two unfortunate things which happened to our group. I'd stay again as it was pleasant enough.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear avidtravelleruk98,

Thank You for your recent review here on trip advisor, I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Jurys Inn Bradford and that your stay was a comfotable one.

I was however sorry to hear that some of your party ended up having to settle for smaller beds due to the hotels occupancy levels. I have shared your comments with the management team to ensure this does not happen again and was dissapointed to hear that this had happened has this is a rarerity we find the hotel in this situation and would like to a apologise for the inconvenience.

If you would like to discuss further with myself then please do not hesitate to contact me at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com

Thank You once again for your review it is very much appreciated

Operations Manger