“good hotel, need to sort food”
Review of Jurys Inn Bradford

Jurys Inn Bradford
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
GreenLeadersSilver level
west yorkshire
“good hotel, need to sort food”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very comfortable the rooms spacious and the whole hotel is very clean. Staff are happy to help. I have stayed a few times now and the only issue i keep on having is with the food on room service. Sticky toffee pudding must be microwaved as my the time you get to it , its a brick. The room service food is general is bland and greasy. Not the breakfast this is excellant. Will return but never order room service ever again,.location is excellent too . Other niggle is if you book an excellent room you are told you get a free drink in the bar but when you check in its never offered you have to remind staff, they should do the voucher at check in. I forgot this time . It's not a big thing but if they offer but never give out its a saving for the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review here on Tripadvisor,

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel but I would like to apologise, for the issues you had with the food, I have shared your thoughts with my management team and we have taken steps to improve our food & service. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope to see you at Jurys Inn Bradford again in the future.

Mark

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good location, particularly for the university but rooms rather basic, breakfast OK but evening menu restricted and beer very expensive. Staff very obliging, though notices in reception were not very guest friendly. Fine for a one night business trip but would not like to stay much longer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor,
I am delighted to hear you found our hotel ideal for business and was an ideal location for your needs. I was dissapointed however to hear of the issues you had at reception and I have passed your review on to my reception manager to follow up. I am very sorry to hear you found our reception unfriendly as we normally receive such good feedback in this area.

Thank You once again for your review,

Swanage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel comfortable. When checked in had to change rooms as put in disabled room with connecting door and lights did not work. When in my room facilities good and provided with what I need. TV remote temperamental but worked in the end. Breakfast supplied but not impressed by cooked food. Had to wait a while to be seated. Staff friendly and helpful throughout my stay however

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor, I was sorry to hear you had a few issues woth your recent stay at Jurys Inn Bradford, I would like to apologise for the hiccups you experienced.
But was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

GLASGOW
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel is located in a very central location. A modern jurys inn with the benefit of a gym the rooms are modern clean and overall very good. My only complaint is the food in the evening. We ate in the hotel 3/5 nights and disappointed everytime I had awful pasta with steak and peppercorn sauce which didn't say it came with pasta on the menu it wasn't very nice at all. I also had a jalfrezi one night which was basically chicken oil and spice the nan bread was rock hard and stale. My colleague had piri piri chicken and it was dry and awful. I come here a lot for business but will be eating out in future.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

IThank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Jurys Inn Bradford, Here on Trip advisor,
I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall but would like to apologise in relation to the issues you had with the food. I have discussed your comments with our head chef and food and beverage manager and we have taken steps to review our food offerings with a new menu for the summer.

Thank you once again for your review. I do hope we can see you back at Jurys Inn Bradford in the future for our improved menu.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stopped here overnight in early March whilst travelling further afield.

The hotel is well located, just a 10 minute walk away from Bradford Forster Square station via Kirkgate. The whole experience was superb - a friendly welcome, good sized room and efficient check in/out. My onward travel by taxi, at a horribly early hour, was easily arranged with reception. Everything that you want from a stopover - a good night's rest without complication.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time out to review us here on trip advisor, I was delighted to hear your stay was a good one and that you found the hotel to be conveniently located.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

On my third week at this hotel. I regularly stay at the Jurys inn Glasgow and Belfast too - this one is by far the worst.

The hotel itself is not the problem. The rooms are adequate and comfortable. The food and the staff however leave much to be desired.

Not once in 3 weeks has my food order been correct - waiting over an hour to be served when you have pre-booked a table is ridiculous.

The waiting staff act like they cannot be bothered. They do not communicate what is happening to the customer. They are more interested in standing around the food order station gossiping. In my opinion, the staff should be sent on a customer service course.

I have just eaten again tonight and not only did my side dish arrive when I had finished my meal (30min after) but not once was I approached to see if the food was okay, or offered a drink. Even when someone at my table called someone over to order a drink, no-one else was asked.

On a seperate night when I was waiting for my table, I overheard the waiting staff talking about 'what they do when a customer shouts at them' - I found this disgusting.

The hotel has huge potential, but the staff are letting it down.

Jurys - you best improve or you will loose your corporate contacts!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent stay to Jurys Inns Bradford, I was very dissapointed to hear about your experiences within our hotel and normally we receive excellent feedback from guests about our staff. I have reviewed your comments in great deal and I have taken the next steps to ensure issues that the issues that arose do not happen again. I am sorry thiese issues had such a negative impact on your stay and if you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact me in the near future at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I'd booked an overnight stay for Friday 28 Feb 2014 at this centrally located hotel in Bradford. My my wife and I were going to see a show. We also had a reservation to have an early evening meal before the show at an Italian Restaurant, which had been highly recommended. (Please read separate Trip Advisor reviews about the theatre and Italian restaurant).
This hotel was very clean, very well maintained and the air-conditioning WORKED.
The room was a very good size and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Plus the choice of breakfasts, which were included in the hotel room price was good value for money.
We would certainly stay there again and recommend the hotel to anyone who requires easy access to the city centre.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alan m
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor it is very much appreciated,
I was delighted that yourself and your wife found your stay to be a comfortable one and I hope I can invite you back to Jurys inn Bradford in the near future. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences.