“2 night stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
NORTH YORKSHIRE
“2 night stay”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the Alhambra Theatre as going to see The Lion King. It is only a few hundred metres away with The Media Museum and City Park very close too. Excellent value for money room absolutely spotless. The breakfast is excellent plenty of choice and all the staff very friendly. If going to the theatre again would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and hope that when we next have the pleasures of welcoming you to the Hotel you have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
leeds
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife booked this hotel because it is only a few hundred yards from the alhambra theatre. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I emailed the hotel for a quiet room and they could not have put me in a better room the furthest from the lift !
Our room had a double and a single bed and also a spacious bathroom.our room also had a good sized flat screen tv, krupps coffee maker, kettle, bottled water, digital ac and even an ironing board !
The hotel also has a gymnasium not that we used it though. Our breakfast was very good where you could help yourself to tea/coffee, various cereal, toast and a choice of fresh and tinned fruit. Our breakfast came plated which was a bit disappointing because you can not beat helping yourself to exactly what you want.the hotel is very close to the alhambra theatre and a lot of bars ect but one of the few faults was that being a city centre hotel it did not have a car park but there is a ccp car park 200 yards away which costs £6.80 for 24 hours. We found this hotel has good or better than some de vere, village, hilton, premier inn at a cheaper rate !

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time review the Hotel following your recent stay.

I am happy that you found our rooms to be suitable for your needs and that you enjoyed the hotels location. I have passed your comments to our Hotel team and they were delighted to received your kind feedback.

When you are next in the area, we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was lucky enough to win a competition which allowed a two nights complimentary B & B stay at a Jurys Inn of my choice. I decided to visit Bradford, Yorkshire as I have a friend there The hotel is modern with very good accommodation; I had booked a double room but my partner was unable to travel as she had to work....so I travelled and stayed alone in a spacious well appointed room; top floor front.
Breakfast was included in my deal; this was well presented with the usual choices. staff were friendly and polite. The only slight downside was that one of the two lifts broke down but was still unrepaired when I left two days later. Not a major problem though.

Room Tip: Top floor has decent views but beware lift failures..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

I was sorry to hear the lift affected your recent stay which was due to the lift undergoing important maintance work.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and hope that when we next have the pleasures of welcoming you to Bradford we can accommodate you

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here overnight, returning on a Grand UK coach tour. If you are a young person celebrating a hen/stag night, or a student wanting to let your hair down, this is the place for you - right in the centre of Bradford. For a group of elderly people, just wanting a decent evening meal and a good night's sleep, then it's not such a good idea. So, I am obviously of the latter group... On the plus side, the staff are very welcoming and helpful and the rooms are very well appointed, spacious, comfortable and clean. The dinner was about as bad as I have ever had in a hotel. Bland, unimaginative, limited in choice and luke-warm. The breakfast had more choice, but was of poor quality and, again, luke-warm at best. Also only one lady trying to cope with over-seeing everything at breakfast time, which wasn't working very well. All sorts booking in during the evening, including a group of young men with T shirts sporting a slogan which included some very bad swear words (which I am unable to repeat here), which the reception staff seemed to find very amusing, but a number of our group did not. I don't think we are overly prudish, but couldn't they have told them that they must put their T shirts on when leaving the hotel for the stag night, or whatever, they were going on...?? Was woken by loud shouting and talking in the street (presumably when all these people were leaving their night clubs) at regular intervals between 4 and 6 a.m. I am assuming that the rates here are very cheap, which is why it is used by coach parties and young people who aren't going to be using their bedrooms (perhaps!?) very much. So, you know what you are in for... If you are looking for an average standard of food, reasonable location and lack of "laddish" behaviour, this is probably not the hotel for you. Conversely, if that is what you are looking for, you have found it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EtoileSanderstead
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. We are sorry for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We are working hard to ensure that our dinner and breakfast service meets our guests expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I have shared your comments with our chef to ensure we can improve on the standards.

I was also sorry to hear that you were effected by a small party within our hotel, unfortunateley as you can imaginge it is more often than not that we can not control what clientel use the hotel but asure you this is not the norm within our Bradford hotel.

If you would like to discuss further with myself then please do not hesitate to contact me at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com

Kind regards

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in, I have stayed ample of times with work and just have a great time the staff are just fantastic with a real witty service team and a superb reception team, I have stayed in other Jurys hotels and this one so far is my favourite. It can get very busy but that is understandable as it is a very popular hotel within Bradford. Rooms are excellent with free Wi-Fi so I can work in my room, The hotel gives a real cosy feel as it is rather compact. It has a great Gym and is very central to the city and work.
Would recommend to all my family and friends and can not wait to return in July.

Room Tip: Make use of the Gym which is free to use as well as free internet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time review the Hotel following your recent stay.

Dear Guest

I am happy that you found our rooms to be suitable for your needs and that you enjoyed the jurys inn experience

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay.the staff were friendly.the room was lovely.the breakfast was amazing.if work ever send me to bradford again i will be staying here..the room i had was a double bed and also had a single..plenty of tea.coffee.also hair dryer.iron and board in the room.plus shampoo and shower gel. :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our Hotel.

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Jurys Inn Bradford and I have shared your feedback with the whole team here and they were delighted to received such kind comments.

We do hope that when you are next in the area we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Hertfordshire
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for one night , we havent stayed at a jurys inn before. The hotel was well located in the centre. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We put the 'do not disturb' sign on the door overnight and was surprised when the maid started knocking at 9am and woke us up. When i checked the sign had been removed. A slight annoyance as we had spent all weekend travelling and were very tired. Then about 20 minutes later we were woke again by someone else hoovering outside our door. On checking out we waited ages for the lift as one was broken, each time it came up to us it was already full. We had to carry all our bags down 7 flights of stairs. Apart from that a nice stay

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here on tripadvisor,
I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay. I was sorry however to hear that you you were woken earlier than expected due to your do not disturb sign going missing and the issues you experienced with our lifts due to the maintanace issues.

I do hope we can accommodate you again in the near future and obce again thank you for sharing your review here on tripadvisor.

Kind regards