“not to bad”

Jurys Inn Bradford
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

stayed here on buisness rooms werent to bad internet good have a ethernet cable in each room
small gym but more than adequate i would have liked better pillows but bed comfy breakfast buffy style which is extra but food not to bad would have liked a bit more explanation to where everything was my really only gripe was parking which you had to pay in multi-story behind hotel £8.00 a night but you can get 20% discount if you get ticket swiped at reception

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on tripAdvisor, Your feedback is very much appreciated,
I was delighted to read your comments and take on board in relation to requiring softer pillows,
This is something we have under review.

Operartions Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel is situated very close to the city park area, which is really nice if you happen to get the weather. Welcome by the staff was excellent. Had a top floor room which was spacious and quiet. Shower was very good, although nowhere to hang your towel. Beds were quite hard but still slept well both nights I was there. The iron in the room was pretty dreadful so expect to take quite a while to iron any creases out of a shirt. Unfortunately the buffet style cooked breakfast was fairly poor and if I hadn't prepaid for it I wouldn't have eaten there. Runny scrambled eggs, very salty bacon, a lack of mushrooms and fried eggs that just didn't look very appetising. I can't comment on evening meals as the breakfast put me off ordering anything else there. Overall though, I would stay here again, I'd just get up and go and eat somewhere else.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on trip advisor,
I was sorry to hear that our breakfast did not live up to your standard as this is an area we normally receive excellent comments on. I have passed your comments on to the rest of the management to ensure we improve on your all important feedback. If you would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact myself at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been staying at the Jury's Inn, Bradford, on business for every week since January this year. I cannot fault the staff - they are very friendly and efficient (even when dealing with difficult customers). The rooms are very comfortable - I have been staying in the same one every week - the bed is firm, but comfortable. In the bedroom is a flat screen tv; tea and coffee and complementary toiletries in the bathroom. The bedroom is always spotless and cleaned/tidied to a good standard every day. I have eaten in both the bar and the restaurant - both offer very good meals and choices, and I have not had a bad meal here during all the time I have stayed here. There is a wide variety of choice for breakfast; fresh fruit, yogourt, cereal; full english; porridge and toast which you grill yourself. All this is self-service. A wide variety of tea is available as well as coffee. For those who prefer a stronger coffee, Costa coffee is available at the bar. There is a small gym on the first floor which has two running machings; a couple of steppers and cycles as well as weights. There are two tv screens in the gym. It is small but better than nothing. The hotel is very close to the Alhambra theatre, and is in a very central location in Bradford (not that I ventured out much). Yes - there have been the occasional disturbances by other guests, but that is not the hotel's fault and this can happen anywhere, and staff have always apologised for any disturbance, even though it was not their fault! I would recommend the Jury's Inn Bradford to anyone wanting a good, clean, friendly and efficient hotel in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback here on tripAdvisor,
The team were delighted to read such a nice review, I do hope I can invite you back in the near future,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

A very pleasant stay for one night on Saturday the 17th May. I've stayed at this jurys in before and will stay again in the future.

A very clean room with a comfortable bed, there were a number of coach party's staying for the Haworth 1940's weekend so breakfast was a little hectic ! But nothing else to worthy about at all

Recommended for a comfortable nights sleep

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Athol H
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time review the Hotel following your recent stay.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review here on trip advisor,
I am happy that you found our rooms to be suitable for your needs and that you enjoyed the hotel.

I have passed your comments to our Hotel team and they were delighted to received your kind feedback.

When you are next in the area, we hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed there on saturday night as part of a coach trip overnight stay, when i arrived at the hotel i found the staff at the reception very polite and friendly, the room was extremely clean, we had dinner in the restaurant the food was delicious and great size portion, breakfast in the morning was a buffet the food was really warm which i enjoyed, there is nothing negative to say about anyone as the staff did a great service i would be likely to stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great the rooms facing to the rear of the hotel are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post here on trip Advisor,
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Jurys and that you found our hotel spotless, it really is a pleasure to read such nice comments. I do hope we have the opportunity to invite you back to Jurys inn Bradford in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We regularly use The Jury's Inn for business purposes . I haven't stayed overnight. We've always found the staff helpful and very friendly. We use the hotel because of its location and ease of use. The food however I think is very good . We've have eaten from both the bar menu and. Lunchtime buffet, both excellent . I would certainly recommend , the added bonus of Costa coffee is also great.
For business users the place is great and well equipped .Full marks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank millcox

Dear Guest

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and hope that when we next have the pleasures of welcoming you to the Hotel you have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

On arrival: Male receptionist greeted me in an efficient manner, so much so he forgot to sound welcoming. Room: Very clean, modern, comfortable. Bed: Very comfortable, firm mattress. Air con: A bit noisy. The doors to the other rooms on the third floor close noisily, because as is common to many hotels the closure springs do not get the right amount of adjustment, and also guests can be inconsiderate. Breakfast time: Male, restaurant staff member engaged in deep conversation with female, restaurant staff member and was not particularly attentive. Breakfast: All you can eat buffet. Great quality, except for the eggs which reminded me of dead men's eyes; a bit firm. I looked for the butter/margarine and thought I had missed its location. I spoke to the male, restaurant staff member and he said, "Oh, I forgot to put it out." He went into the kitchen and got the butter/margarine. Later, and unconnectedly, he announced loudly, "I think we've got it sorted!" I beg to differ when it came to the setting out of the butter/margarine as I think one should have been a little more attentive to one's job. A Little later on he went into the kitchen again and loudly burbled some other irrelevancy. Overheard elsewhere: "My colleague tried to check in last night but there was no room for her so she went home." (I don't know if this was a problem caused by the hotel or the colleague's employer, but I am sure this could have been resolved somehow due the large amount of other employees from the same company that were there.) Would I stay again: Yes, the hotel was quite good and pleasant overall. I did have my doubts about staying in the centre of Bradford, however, the centre has been done up well. Apart from the pool of blood I spotted a little way along the road there was little else from persuading me from staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the back if possible away from the busier road.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Jurys Inn Bradford and have shared your feedback I was sorry to here however you were sceptical of staying in Bradford and am happy we managed to change your view.

We do hope that when you are next in the area we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.