“Good Location - Slow Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jurys Inn Bradford
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peterborough
“Good Location - Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Decent location in the middle of Bradford.
Overall staff service slow, from Check in /Check out and bar staff.
Breakfast half decent.
Rooms clean although a/c didn't appear to work but not an issue for me.
Would not go back to this hotel again.
Stayed in Bradford many times, first in this one and would return back to The Midland.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
JurysInnBradford, Guest Relations Manager at Jurys Inn Bradford, responded to this review, 30 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review here on trip advisor,
I was sorry to here that our service did not meet your expectations on your recent stay and would like to discuss further with yourself, I was delighted that you enjoyed the location and hope we can invite you back to change your opinion from your recent stay. If you would like to discuss further please contact me at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com

kind regards

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

i stayed at this hotel last night,, it was the most spotless hotel i have ever stayed in ,,the food was great and the staff was very nice even when they was rushed of there feet at meal times, i give this hotel top marks because it is more or less perfect,, the only thing i would say is dont buy a drink in the bar, i asked for 2 glasses of rose wine and was shocked when he said that will be 14 pounds,, if you stay here and want a drink you can just walk down the road and there is a nice bar doing drinks half the price

Room Tip: try and pick room 301,, it as windows all the way around the room, and lets in alot light
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review here on trip advisor,.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Jurys Inn Bradford and was nice to hear such nice comments, We do hope that when you are next in the area we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel.

preston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

stayed in this hotel clean rooms,niece got drinks at bar, pint of veir and a white wine, chelsee behind the bar asked my niece small/med/or large wine,(opted for small)

Then i while we was waiting for tea, ordered price 10.45 for same as above what gone up quick. The staff was another girl, she said "i did you a double" i never asked for a double.any way i paid and walked away with the drinks,

Went to a public house down the round near the petrol station, lord clyde what a great night and cheaper bar,but the hotel was clean, breakfast ok fried eggs was hard no yolk,x but worth a stay might of had a bad day.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Jurys Inn Bradford and I have shared your feedback with the whole team here and they were ecstatic to received such kind comments. I was particularly delighted to read you found our hotel very clean something we pride ourselves on.

We do hope that when you are next in the area we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Bradford.

Grimsby, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel as part of a visit to see WarHorse at the Alhambra Theatre. We did not realise how close the hotel was to the theatre and this made it so much more convenient as we had ladies with us who could not walk great distances.

The hotel is very modern, clean and presentable. Restaurant meals are good value but drinks (typically) a little expensive.

A disappointing comment to this review was that we had prepaid the accommodation through another travel site but on arrival we were asked for full payment again! Embarrassingly the management waived this but I felt the customer service and reception handling were left wanting.

I contacted the travel site who arranged the booking and they immediately contacted the hotel -confirming that payment had indeed been fulfilled.

Reception was later let down again when I requested an additional bedsheet (quilt far too warm) that evening - promises for the sheet to be brought to my room ASAP did not transpire and disappointlngly we made our own arrangements. Assuarnces to repair a faulty room telephone also were left unaddressed.

Overall a fairly good stay - car parking facilities could perhaps be made clearer - overnight stay at nearby NCP costs about £6.80 (hotel discount as not complimentary)

Would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road can be noisy.
Dear Guest

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and hope that when we next have the pleasures of welcoming you to the Hotel you have the time to enjoy our leisure facilities.
However that said I would like to apologise in relation to the service issues you experienced and if possibly I would be happy to discuss with you further if you could contact me at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel clean rooms nice staff what more can I ask for and good for the price as was cheap for a night's stay following a night out in Bradford good value for money with regards to clean rooms nice comfy beds quiet hotel wonderful

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Jurys Inn Bradford, I have shared your feedback with the whole team here and they were delighted to received such kind comments.

Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at Jurys Inn on a number of occasions on business and have always found a particularly high standard. The hotel is modern and welcoming and the rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. The staff are fantastic - very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is excellent with plenty to choose from - they can even poach an egg properly, which other hotels really struggle to do. My only gripe this time was the fact that my room (223) overlooked a car park. The problem being that there were no net curtains or blinds and the security guy in his hut outside, together with others parking their cars, could see right in. I really think the hotel should do something about this as privacy is really compromised. Other than that, another pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Avoid any room overlooking the car park.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LutonHatter88
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor,
I would like to thank you for your good feedback in relation to the privacy of your room, and thanks to your comments I am now looking at installing new netted curtains to help with the privacy of our rooms, Thank you for bringing your small gripe to my attention and this great feedback helps us to improve our service to our guests and hope we have the chance of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very disappointed with my stay here tonight, having stayed here on a number of occasions I was expecting the normally great service, as ever the check in and room were excellent, however my meal tonight was dreadful to say the least. I ordered two course for £17.95, the Prawn & Crayfish salad were fine, service very good, however as I took my last mouthful of the starter my main arrived before I could even swallow the starter, ok I like quick service but I think a space of 1 or 2 mins minimum would be fine. I had ordered the 7Oz Centre Rump Steak " Premium Cut lean and tender" medium rare, this came with a side of tomatoes, salad, chips and onion rings, I must say all the sides were excellent, however the steak was not up to the standard I would expect, the Steak was well cooked from end to end, with no taste what so ever, I was very disappointed, my excellent waitress asked if all was ok and I asked how I had ordered, she confirmed that it was medium rare, she could see that I was disappointed, again excellent service as I was asked by another member of staff is all was ok as I had not eaten my food, I was then informed that I could ask for another steak ( after eating most of the sides) however I was informed the steak would be in the region of 20 to 30 mins and they were now busy. I declined and informed them that I would pay for my meal and go for a local Indian, however with a broken leg I would be unable to walk as far as the nearest Indian restaurant, a new steak was produced in 1 min .. smaller than ever and totally cooked to death, again 1 bite and I left the main. I paid the £17.95 in full and left very disappointed.

Room Tip: I have found all rooms to be very good quality
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Marc B,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor,

I was sorry to hear that the night of your stay that we did live up to the usual good service that we pride ourselves on, I would like to apologise on behalf of the management team, and would love to discuss further with yourself to enable me to put this right for you.
Please drop me an email Marc, at mark_bussey@jurysinns.com and Iw ould be happy to ensure I put this right for you, Once again please accept my apologies with regards to your dissapointment and hope I can make this up to you Marc.

I look forward to hearing from you,