“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Great Victoria Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is located in the city centre and close to Bradford Interchange train station. It is very convenient if you want to travel to tourist attractions around the city. It is an old Victorian building and the most of the interiors are pristine. I would recommend the hotel for those who travel for fun and not on a business trip because I did not see that the hotel had a business centre, iron was not ready in the room and the table in the room is too small to work. Apart from that, they have very nice staff and the staff are responsive.

Room Tip: Third floor has no lift. It would be a hassle if you travel with more than two pieces of baggage
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
VictoriaManager, General Manager at Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Sir

May I thank you for your feedback, I have taken on board your comments and alerted housekeeping of suggested improvements.

I hope to see you again very soon

There are newer reviews for Great Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I last visited this hotel over 10 years ago with my wife susanne and it was outdated and in the past, but it was close to the city center and transport so we decided this would be the best hotel at the time. we have since come back to the hotel this year and we were shocked at how different the hotel looked! It is so beautifull inside, mixing the old with the new perfectly. The staff aswell were really pleasant, my wife and i had a meal in the new vic and berties restaurant and our waiter called shafi was so polite and helpfull, he made our stay that much nicer. Overall, fantastic hotel and will definatly be coming back!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir

May I take this opportunity to say how pleased I am with your feedback and that you had an enjoyable stay.

I hope that you will return to visit again soon and I would like to highlight that I have commended Shafi for his good service in person

Many Thanks

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed on the 1st floor just a quick overnight as I was visiting friends bathroom let the room down needs updating but I had a problem with the shower door and a leak which was fixed as soon as I put the phone down impressive credit to the maintainance team and the receptionist the staff are excellent Armani who greeted me made me very welcome the only let down was the breakfast spoons congealed with beans and eggs why dont they have serving spoons like Spanish Hotels ? I wanted mushrooms there was none left at 9.30 and told cooking had ended mmm ? sort the breakfast staff out Ill be BACK

Room Tip: Higher floors are more modern
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Aaron B

Dear Sir

May I send my sincere apologises re breakfast , I have addressed the issues and have a new Food and beverage manager coming to position shortly, these are all issues that will be raised as customer feedback in my eyes is the best learning resource.

I am sure you will appreciate that old buildings have their issues and I am pleased that my team dealt with your repairs efficiently.

Looking forward too seeing you soon

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed overnight with friends for a catch up and I was very impressed to say the least, the hotel is beautifully done out and the rooms and beds are really comfortable. The service was second to none and nothing was too much trouble, dinner was really good as was breakfast the following morning.All in all a lovely change and far superior to some of the hotel chains and definately worth a visit, very grand and good quality at affordable prices

Room Tip: the 4th floor rooms are magnificent but all are of a very good standard
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sir

Thank you for your great feedback, I look forward too welcoming you back to The Great Victoria very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I needed a location close to Bradford Interchange, a comfortable well appointed room & decor I would feel relaxed in. I was not disappointed! The staff were welcoming & knowledgeable, the breakfast was excellent in terms of both quality & choice and the sound insulation in my front facing room was such that sounds from road outside and interchange taxi rank were virtually unnoticeable. The well built, historical building was is good order, although my bathroom, despite being perfectly satisfactory was in need of a little modernisation. However, I would have no hesitation making a return visit and certainly for the casual leisure traveller (who is actually paying for their accomodation!), the Great Victoria offers good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I am sure that as we continue our refurbishments the bathrooms will undergo modernisation.

I look forward too seeing you again soon

Dan kirkham

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I have just stayed here and had an excellent time, mostly thanks to the wonderful staff and excellent facilities on offer. We decided to upgrade to one of the rooms on the 4th floor, and we certainly were not disappointed, as we were treated to some real luxury! This is our 2nd stay here, and we will certainly be back. Amani and Rob were particularly helpful, as they took time out to really show us the benefits of staying here. Great location too!!! Even the housekeeping staff were cheerful and friendly. All in all, a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Choose any from the 4th floor, although 212 is also very stylish and affordable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jollygirl2014

Dear Sir

May I thank you for your much appreciated feedback, I have passed on your comments to my staff and am pleased that you found the fourth floor to be the asset it really is.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The wonderful staff at this beautiful hotel made a very special day even more special for my family.
Our host for the day Jade could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble for her.
On the day we were allowed to arrange the room however we wanted to suit our family, the old chesterfield couches were beautiful. The tables were laid beautifully for our lovely afternoon tea. My mum the birthday girl had such a wonderful day surrounded by her family and in opulent surroundings. Thank you Dan and your wonderful team.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jules

I am so pleased your mum had a lovely birthday, it was great to hear that my team were so attentive and I will be sure to feed this back.