“Magnificent Historic Hotel with Great Service to Match!”

Great Victoria Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with my business colleague at the Great Victoria in Bradford. I had seen it online and noted it was right next to the train station. I love these grand, historic hotels that make a statement plus it was ideally located.

We checked in and the person at the check-in desk for brilliant with us -- gracious and really going out of her way.

The hotel retains all its original features and walking in I felt a little bit like a Princess or transporting myself back in time. And it has been restored to an impeccable standard.

My room was huge and so beautiful plus a bathroom the size of many peoples' bedrooms in the UK. And it was just so comfortable. I could see the performance hall from my window and gaze at the historic buildings of Bradford.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept so well.

The breakfast room is magnificent and there was a lovely selection of food -- all being delicious.

I will be going up to Bradford at the beginning of September and can't wait to stay at the Great Victoria again.

It was also dead reasonable in price!

I had a choice to stay in an anonymous box, Premier Inn, Holiday Inn...or stay in a beautiful hotel at the same price -- it's a no brainer.

My business colleague was equally enamoured and thrilled as I having the privilege to stay at the Great Victoria.

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel to choose your room. I had a peak in the other rooms when the maid was cleaning a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
VictoriaManager, General Manager at Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Sir

I am so grateful of your comments and the appreciation of the building.

I will pass your encouragement onto my team and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon at The Great Victoria

There are newer reviews for Great Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is very good. The room was spacious clean and very comfortable. The room was spacious and the bathroom was the largest bathroom we have had for a long time. The reception staff were welcoming and very friendly an asset to the hotel. The hotel seemed as if it had just been repainted and refurbished on our floor and I couldnt criticise it. There was free parking in a city centre location which in itself is a bonus. We easily found the hotel and it was an ideal location for our stay. Breakfast had a good choice of food and i would have rated this hotel excellent if more attention had been made to the food being replenished in the Bain Maries. Sadly they were almost empty and the time taken to replenish them was inexcusable. The Breakfast did not spoil our stay it only stopped me from giving this hotel the excellent rating that it deserved. We will return on our next visit to Bradford.

Room Tip: we had a lovely room but slight noise from the street in a city centre location as we left our windo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I am grateful of your feed back and will take your comments on board for improvements.

It is lovely to read that you appreciated the building and its grandeur

I look forward too welcoming you again soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The building is wonderful and has been modernised in a way that retains its elegance. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. This was our second visit and won't be our last. It's the kind of place that makes me feel I've escaped from the world. Excellent breakfasts. We eat out with nearby family in the evening but next time I'd like to try the restaurant for dinner. Free parking is a bonus and perfect location for most amenities.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

It is lovely to read of such nice comments, I will pass these onto my team.

Look forward too seeing you again soon

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for one night. I think the hotel has recently been redecorated because everything was immaculate. Our room was large and airy and although we were at the front of the hotel didn't notice any traffic noise. Central location, bus and train interchange opposite or free parking if in a car. Overall can't fault the hotel. Lovely helpful staff, a good buffet breakfast, and booking in we asked about the bus service and the receptionist (sorry don't remember her name) wrote down all the buses we could use ,times, and even pointed out which bus charged the least. Excellent stay and value for money. Hope to stay again, thank you Great Victoria.. .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

it is wonderful to read of your review and I will make sure to pass your comments on to my team with encouragement.

I look forward too seeing you soon

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very pleasant. Our room was large and spacious and looked to have been decorated recently. Breakfast was great. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. We parked in the car park and our car was fine, sorry to hear there has been a break into a car while in the carpark.

• Stayed: August 2013

it is lovely to read your comments and nice to see my team hard work is appreciated.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Before I waste anyone's time this review is for one of their standard rooms. This was our third visit to this hotel and each time we have stayed in a standard room. If, like us, you are looking for a city centre hotel with rooms that are clean, comfy, nice and warm in winter and windows that open on a hot summer night, a functional bathroom with a shower over the bath, an immense and delicious breakfast along with free parking then this is the place. In addition to all this is the lovely old building, wide corridors, grand staircase etc and not forgetting the great reception and breakfast staff. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It is so lovely too read of your comments and I will be sure to pass them onto my team, I look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Great Victoria for 2 nights at the start of July. Unfortunately the room was poor. ( note to staff - room 316) The carpet had a lot of dubious stains, the walls were very badly marked with patches which looked like damp, the windows were filthy, the bathroom was not very clean with mould on the tiles / silicone, and the cold tap on the sink makes the most horrendous noise when turned on. Breakfast was o.k. nothing great. The staff were friendly and welcoming but it really is time to spend a bit of money on an upgrade. The hotel is in a fantastic location and this is it's huge selling point over other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Not room 316.....

Dear sir

I am terribly sorry to read of your experience I have noted your comments too our maintenance team and further to head office.

I would like to offer you a free up grade on your next stay to our fourth floor rooms which have undergone the continual refurb of this much loved historic building.