“Lovely hotel”

Great Victoria Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay with coach party elegant hotell staff 10 of 10 overall expierience 11 of 10 sorry to leave so nice well done everyone at the hotell nice freindly smiles and attention from all staff. Pat yourselves on back you deserve it wonderfull thankyou so much fantastic!yours mr peter irvin and mrs linda irvin

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
VictoriaManager, General Manager at Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for your kind review, I will ensure to pass your comments onto my team.

Look forward too seeing you again soon

Dan Kirkham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mansfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just experienced one night and found the hotel to be very comfortable and relaxing.All the staff we met were pleasant and informative. The bedroom was quite specious and clean, (3rd floor).the window had a limited opening but there was a fan available. The inside of the building was impressive in decoration and the breakfast was great fulfilling our expectations.We would certainly book again

Room Tip: 3rd floor on same side as entrance very quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir

Thank you for your kind words, I will pass these onto my team

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Me and my wife got married at the Great Victoria Hotel on the 21st June 2014. The staff were absolutely fantastic especially Dan the manager , nothing was too much trouble.

We had many meetings with the hotel prior to the day to make sure it was perfect and they pulled it off.

We had the marriage ceremony in the Carmargue Suite and then the wedding breakfast and evening celebrations in the Velasco Suite and the room transformations were amazing.

If you are looking for a wedding venue of high class then consider the Great Victoria Hotel I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book your wedding they don't disappoint.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
VictoriaManager, General Manager at Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I am so pleased you had a lovely day and so grateful; of your comments.

I will pass your encouragement on to my team.

Many thanks for spreading the word and hope to see you again soon

UK
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here at the start of July 2014 .I booked it 10 months in advance as I was going to see the tour de France in Yorkshire .I booked it because of its close proximity to Bradford Interchange. The hotel itself is situated 20 meters from the station and near the town hall in a fairly decent area of Bradford . The outside of the hotel looks ok and in style with the surrounding area. the room we were given had high ceilings painted patchy white discoloured net curtains and heavy inner curtains . The Tv was an early small flat screen on a wobbly tin table but it seemed to work ok although channels did seem limited for some reason. The room was supposed to be twin beds but turned out to be a double but as they were zip and link we decided it would be ok. Then things went downhill allot. The main hanging light looked as if it was about to fall off , the sink tap wobbled as if it was going to fall off , the bathroom towel radiator had fallen off (I had to prop it up to make it safe) and one of the bed bases made a loud creaking noise when you moved on it .I went to reception and asked to be moved to another room but was told the hotel was full and the best they could do was to offer us a refund and wave us goodbye. I also showed her my booking confirmation which clearly showed a twin room but she said there system has no twin room on it you have to request it on the booking.This was clearly rubbish as I booked through their site and not a 3rd party discount site ect . Anyway as I really wanted to see the Tour leaving was not an option as most hotels were either full or charging a premium as Yorkshire was hosting the Tour De France. I asked if I could be moved the following day and the receptionist said we could . So that 1st night I put the mattress on the floor and slept there.The following day we packed all our things and left them by the door , we went to reception and explained we would be out all day and she said our things would be moved to our new room. When we arrived back early evening the receptionist said she knew nothing about us being moved and we were still listed in our old room. At this point I spoke to the Manager Dan Kirkham. He sorted us another room but when we got to our old room all our luggage had gone .Luckily it had been moved to another room already as promised but the different day staff had not been told.I showed him the faults with our old room and he did genuinely seem concerned about the condition it was in .Anyway he found our room and our luggage and the new room was a twin , it was cleaner and nothing was imminently falling apart although the patchy white walls , poor shower and wobbly TV with 3 channels seemed a recurring feature. So all in all never again really .I really dont know where the great reviews for this hotel came from and as you can tell from all my other review I am honest and fair but If I had to describe the hotel in 3 words they would be ,Tatty ,Tired and Terrible

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir

I am terribly sorry that despite the room change you still left feeling horrified, may I offer as a good will gesture and hopefully a mind set change, a free upgrade to a fourth floor room if you should wish to stay again upon reflection.

I hope that this will show yourself a standard that The Great Victoria Hotel can offer that is exquisite.

Dan Kirkham

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stayed here many times in the last 10 years. The positives- staff are always good, helpful and friendly. The hotel is a lovely old railway hotel, very handy for Bradford centre and the 2 railway stations. Unfortunately its now showing its age, not just the fact that its 19th century., but its in desperate need of a makeover. Some public areas a getting pretty grubby, but it must be a nightmare keeping it at 100%. Breakfast was OK, - poached eggs cooked to order, luckily, as the scrambled eggs looked as if they had been sitting for an hour; the sausages were pretty cheap Tesco's best and looked anaemic. The price I payed however was good, and despite some of the problems I'll defo stay again. The place will be lovely when its finished!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am terribly sorry to read of your comments, the hotel is always undergoing upgrades due to its age but as I am sure you will appreciate this can be a lengthy process.

I can ensure that staffing restructure, will now provide a much improved breakfast.

I hope to see you again soon

LEEDS
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had afternoon tea on 2nd august 2014
At the Victoria hotel the sandwiches were so small half a bite and they were gone and they didn't listen to what we didn't want on them, there was no cake just the tiniest petites fours which were not nice, the best bit was the scone which was very nice, in all it wasn't worth 14 pounds.

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed with my business colleague at the Great Victoria in Bradford. I had seen it online and noted it was right next to the train station. I love these grand, historic hotels that make a statement plus it was ideally located.

We checked in and the person at the check-in desk for brilliant with us -- gracious and really going out of her way.

The hotel retains all its original features and walking in I felt a little bit like a Princess or transporting myself back in time. And it has been restored to an impeccable standard.

My room was huge and so beautiful plus a bathroom the size of many peoples' bedrooms in the UK. And it was just so comfortable. I could see the performance hall from my window and gaze at the historic buildings of Bradford.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept so well.

The breakfast room is magnificent and there was a lovely selection of food -- all being delicious.

I will be going up to Bradford at the beginning of September and can't wait to stay at the Great Victoria again.

It was also dead reasonable in price!

I had a choice to stay in an anonymous box, Premier Inn, Holiday Inn...or stay in a beautiful hotel at the same price -- it's a no brainer.

My business colleague was equally enamoured and thrilled as I having the privilege to stay at the Great Victoria.

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel to choose your room. I had a peak in the other rooms when the maid was cleaning a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
VictoriaManager, General Manager at Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Sir

I am so grateful of your comments and the appreciation of the building.

I will pass your encouragement onto my team and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon at The Great Victoria