Stayed here for one night while visiting family members, we attended as a couple.
We were given a double room which we paid £47 which we booked through a separate website so we got a deal - looking on the actual website this room should have been £52 however I would not have paid this and would have asked for a different room.
Upon arrival I wanted to pay in cash as I already had the right amount, when I requested this they asked for a £50 deposit, not many people carry that cash.. So I then had to pay on card which I did not want to do but had no choice. It didn't help that the member off staff dealing with us could not speak very good English and both me and my partner struggled to understand him.
When walking to our room we noticed stains all over the carpets in the hallways, large stains that were very visible. We then found our room which at first glance was lovely, a four poster bed, a small TV, a large wardrobe and a lovely little bathroom. On closer inspection the blinds were broken and did not function properly meaning in the morning it struggled to keep light out, windows were not able to open and instead we were provided with a small fan.
I then tried to use the bathroom however when I turned the light on it blew a fuse and none of the lights would work, I went down to reception and after a while trying to explain to the member of staff what had happened he sent somebody up to sort out the problem. After this we went straight to bed which was comfortable however the bedding was very thin and no other blankets were provided.
In the morning however we had a much nicer member of staff to deal with who gave us some good advice on where to eat.
Overall this hotel was OK but I wouldn't pay that much for it again as you get better quality in hotels such as IBIS and Travellodge for a much lower price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand old-fashioned hotel located opposite Bradford Interchange Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Great Victoria Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Bradford
- Great Victoria Bradford
- Victoria Hotel Bradford
- Great Victoria Hotel Bradford
- The Great Victoria Hotel Bradford, Yorkshire