The Great Victoria Hotel
US$54
US$46
US$67
US$65
Jurys Inn Bradford(Bradford)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$53
  • Restaurant
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Breakfast included
US$80
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfourth floorthe penthouselaw courtsfree car parkoriginal featureswide corridorsgrand hoteltrain stationfloor roomdvd playercentral locationlovely hotelwet roomfour poster bedchristmas partyself servicepublic areas
Reviewed 19 August 2009

With having business clients the width and breadth of the UK I have had my experiences of hotels, and I'm pleased to say this was one of the best i've stayed in.
The great Victoria's staff were a pleasure to behold. As all business travellers will know the worst part of the night is having to go for dinner on your own, with the old book or newspaper under your arm. Well I'm pleased to say that the staff made my worst experience into one of the best I've known. Quality food and staff that make you feel like your at home with service that is exceptional.
It is really rare to find a hotel of this siZe that has a family feel about it, and to my amazement isn't actually family own, and part of a larger group. When questioning a very accomodating lady on reception you could tell she was proud of his job and more than happy to say what a nice company it was to work for.
The rooms were excellent value and had all the ameneties you would expect, and added bonus was a DVD player with free loan DVDs on reception, again is something that makes a difference to the usual hotel trades channels 1 to 5.

A hotel that's well run and staff that are happy and what a difference it makes.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Awayfr0mh0me
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I stayed at the Great Victoria this weekend so that i could attend my friends wedding, and was surprised to find such a lovely hotel in the centre of Bradford.
On arrival i was welcomed with a lovely smile from a young lady and reception and was offered help to my room with my luggage. We girls don't travel light so this was much appreciated after a long journey. On entering the room it was light, spacious with lovely decor and a modern 4 poster bed, well worth the £79.
On our first night we decided to take advantage of the restaurant and both ended up having 3 courses, i cant remember the price but it was around £50 for both of us with a bottle of wine. The staff yet again were polite, friendly and attentive the only down side was a delay with our main course, but we were told on arrival that a large group had arrived and there would be a slight delay. The food was outstanding a lovely piece of lamb cooked to pink perfection, and a sticky toffee pudding to die for.
All in all our stay at the Great Victoria was excellent. The service was unsurpassed which begs the question with such nice rooms and excellent service why is this hotel only 3 stars? I would defiantly recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathRossall
Reviewed 10 August 2009

It is a sad sight to see such a grand hotel being reduced to a three star hotel.
The room was tiny, the carpet was stained, the window frame was broken, no air conditioning.
There is no vending machine (the closest one is at the Holiday Inn hotel on the other side of the road)
The staff are pretty and happy, but not very helpful.
I asked for a 7:30 wakeup call - they forgot about me.
I asked them to help me call a taxi. When asking about the taxi 10 minutes later, I got an impolite "it will come" answer.
Breakfast was ok, but the staff forgot about me after showing me to the table. I had to call them to get offered some tea.
The cleaning staff took away one of my notes that I left on the table, and I couldn't find the shoe polish and "bits and bobs" that the hotel brochure promised.
Such a pity. This could have been such a great experience if the service was better.

The room feels unclean, but I don't know if it was because of the stains on the carpet, the dull sheets and towels, or the decor.

I stayed here for 3 nights.
The price of the room was 60 pounds, which is one of the cheapest prices I have every seen (for any kind of hotel)
Most of the problems are to do with service.

I do believe that if the service improves (no need to invest money) - it will be a great hotel.
I was so wanting to write a nice review about this hotel, but the reality hits hard.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I stayed at the Great Victoria for one night on business. I had the standard room for £79, which I found to be very clean and comfortable. The had the normal toiletries, however I could not locate the sewing kit and shower cap etc.

The room was large and spacious with a very comfortable, complete with an en suite bathroom, which was ideal for relaxing in. Hairdryers were also provided, however, I noticed I could not open any of the windows.

The Hotel does provide irons, however, on the evening of my stay, none of the 15 could be located. The staff were very apologetic, although, I did have to call the staff again at 6am to remind them I needed an iron, by which time it was promptly made available to me.

Breakfast was lovely, as there was a continental breakfast available and a cooked one with quite an extensive menu.

I did not have chance to sample the food in the restaurant or use the gym, however, I was impressed with the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I booked a "luxury room" on the fourth floor however was really unimpressed. The room was very nicely decorated but small and when I opened the window there was a rank smell of drains. The room lacked the luxurious touch...items stated on the website were not in the rrom (fruit bowl, bottled water, bathrobes) and neither were there the items one would expect to find in standard hotel rooms (shower cap, biscuits on tea tray). My morning shower ran cold when I had a head full of conditioner and I couldn't even recover from the chill with a beer from the minibar as there was no bottle opener. What really made me angry was when I found out my friend had paid considerably less than me for a standard room and ended up in a lovely big room which even had a bathrobe!!

Overall I found the hotel lacking a certain something, the staff to be rather disinterested, and the food to be average. I have written to the manager however have not had the courtesy of a response. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple