“overnight stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“overnight stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

stayed at the campanile overnight on august 3rd 2013, nice rooms clean tidy only downfall no hand towels not even when asked about them plus the lovely green wardrobes leave a bit to be desired.. stayed here with national holidays mystery tour nice but on an industrial estate food nice but beer expensive if you stay here get a taxi to the village only £4 lot cheaper. our roon overlooked the carpark and batleys lol request a room viewing the terrrace if you can.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 5thtimeround

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

when we booked this hotel we wanted something cheap and not to far from Bradford as only wanted some where to rest our heads for one night . we had read reviews on the hotel , saying motor way close and noise disturbed them . Yes it is close to Hotel but that is part of the appeal as can get around easy. you need to remember this is on Industrial estate and as such there will be some noise from this. The bedroom was Very large and looked good from the first entry . Large bed nice sofa tea and coffee making items . Real surprised for cost we had paid. we arrived after a long day in Bradford so decided to give the Hotel Resturant a try the menu is basic but does all says on the Tin . there is enough choice and food is good quality and warm we had two main meals and desserts and a bottle of wine and cost just £ 40 good value. Our sleep at night was very relaxing nice large bed . Motor way not a problem. The morning Breakfast was continental but able to fill easy on that , a full breakfast can be had for extra. overall the hotel ect was great , the only down side would be the toilet was a little small .. our request for ground floor room was forefilled and got what we wanted will use again ...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing such a lovely review. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we managed to exceed your expectations.

I am really lucky to have a great team who are passionate about customer service. I will make sure they see your review.

We have recently changed our menu, which delivers a real value for money experience. Really pleased your enjoyed your dining experience

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon

newcastle upon tyne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Spent a night here on a national holidays mystery tour on the outside this hotel looks awfull but it is lovely on the inside the service is very good and the rooms are lovely and big and very clean it has a lovely little bar and resturant we had a evening meal and breakfast which were both nice the only big big down side to this hotel is if you don't have a car you are stuck as it is just of the motorway so you are in the middle of no where we had to get a taxi into center .

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with the choice of hotel for the coach trip

My team and I do everything we can to drive really good customer service, so every guests leaves with the thought of coming back

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your evening meals. I have a really talented team in the kitchen and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

We found this hotel on super breaks which I use quite a lot. It was only £45 pounds for two of us so I really wasn't expecting a lot we only wanted a cheap bed for the night and a good breakfast whilst we were visiting family. When we arrived at the hotel it was very quiet very dreary looking, really needs updating on the outside. It was nice when you walked in too the reception and bar area, very clean and bright looking. We was offered a ground floor room which was fine. The room was clean not a bad size for two of us. There were tea and coffee making facilities, tv, etc, the décor really needs updating its very old fashioned . The windows were filthy and when you look at the hotel half the curtains are falling off. We went to our party and came back to a much fuller hotel. We could hear people very early in the morning and all I could hear all night was the motorway and a strange humming noise all night. I didn't get any sleep that night. I was really looking forward to breakfast as I love a traditional cooked breakfast.The restaurant looked nice and the staff was friendly, there was cereal, continental and a help your self buffet. I got a full breakfast in which I couldn't eat any of it. The bacon and sausage were really salty the scrambled eggs were cold and congealed into big lumps it was the worst ive ever experienced. Now I know I only spent £45 pounds so yes cheap and cheerfull , but anyone can make a nice breakfast cheap. SO I left this hotel very tired and hungry and couldn't wait to get back home, I certainly wont be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hanson6922
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was saddened to see your stay was not to your liking

I am however confused about your comment regarding curtains hanging off the windows as all our rooms are checked daily and I am confident that this would have been picked up and rectified

I would like to invite you to contact me, so I can get some further information about your stay, which will allow me carry out work to improve the issues for other guests. The hotel number is 01274 683 683.

I look forward to speaking to you shortly

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here after flying into Leeds Bradford airport that evening, as we were expecting to be late arriving we called ahead to let them know and they were very accommodating. We arrived earlier than expected and the very pleasant girl on the reception desk recognised that we weren’t due until later (it’s comforting to know that reception had been told), and checked us in very quickly and efficiently.

The room was very clean and comfortable, lots of green which is their corporate colour but it wasn’t over powering. The toilet and bathroom were separate which seemed a bit strange and the toilet made funny farting noises when flushed which amused us a bit.

There isn’t much within walking distance but there is a bar and restaurant on site, didn’t try the restaurant but did have a pint in the bar. Very friendly staff but the drinks aren’t cheap – or maybe I’m just tight!!! Didn’t have breakfast so obviously can’t comment on that either, might have been good, might not?

The only negative comment I can think of (because I like to give full rounded reviews) is that the less public areas such as the stairwells could do with a bit of attention, I like to use the stairs rather than the lifts and the stairwells felt very neglected.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us.

I have passed on your comments regarding the stairwell to my maintenance department, who will look at doing work on this area

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team looked after you and checked you in quickly and efficiently. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future.

Chichester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This hotel is a good alternative to a Premier Inn, or Travel Lodge. It feels like a proper hotel. There is a bar and restaurant, large reception area, as well as free parking and Wifi. The rooms are okay, not massive, but big enough. There is air conditioning, tea and coffee etc. The walls are covered with white anaglypta though, ugly and dated, and the windows opened about 3 inches. To look at from the outside the hotel is an eyesore, it looks like a 1960's council building. This is perhaps not a bad thing though, as it may come back into fashion. It may not sound as if I enjoyed our stay much, but I did. It was friendly and the food was fine. The main reason to stay there is the price, and its position on the motorway. For those reasons I am likely to return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay with us.

I agree with comments about the outside, however as the saying goes, never judge a book by its cover as you experienced

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a good standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future.

west midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here as a stop off travelling back from york with my husband and 6 year old son. Plenty of parking but not in the best location. Allocated room 237 which was spacious and looked nice could have been a bit cleaner bedside tables were very dusty and fire extingushers on corridoors were thick with dust. Beds were very comfatable and retired pretty early as very tired was woken at 4.50am by the fire alarms going off 3 times. My son was then wide awake so decided to pack up and make a early start home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank angel76_9
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with your choice of hotel, however a little disappointed that we failed to deliver a great experience to you and your family

I have taken on board your comments about cleanliness of your room and public areas and I have passed these onto my Head Housekeeper to this can be addressed

I can assure you that my team and I thrive to deliver customer satisfaction and hope we get the chance to seeing you stay with us again