“Good hotel, made great by one member of staff!”
Review of Campanile Bradford

Campanile Bradford
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Was staying here as part of a nearby conference, i agree with the other reviewers that the outside does look horrible, I wasn't looking forward to entering, but once inside, it all changed. Checking was friendly and quick, and the room was spacious and clean. Yes a bit of road noise, and yes some very bright green colours in the wardrobe, but overall, it was okay, I would probably say the same standard as an ibis. The hotel itself I would have given 3 maybe 4 out of 5, but one member of staff really shone and made a great impression. It was Toni in the restaurant. The menu isn't extensive, but still quite pleasant. She was able to recommend dishes to us, always served us with a smile, and really stood out and was a pleasure to be served by. Toni managed to turn a good meal into a fantastic meal! She is a perfect example of the importance of good customer service, and made a big difference to our stay!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob26890
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. A most reviews point out we ar enot in the best location, however as you experienced, you should never judge a book by its cover

Thank you for your kind words about Toni. It made me very proud to read this and and past it around the team to raise their awareness. I am very lucky to be surrounded by a great team

Reviewed 25 September 2013

On arrival at the hotel, the exterior was a little foreboding but on entering it was light, airy and modern. Check in was seamless and speedy. The food was good but limited in choice as we were on a coach holiday with preset menu. Drinks average price for hotels. Staff were lovely at all times and there was an outside terrace which was good as it was a lovely evening when we were there. The room was modern with all the facilities you would expect. It was nice to have a separate bathroom and toilet. Windows hardly opened though and as one who loves a cool room this was my only gripe about the hotel.

The location left a lot to be desired. The hotel is next to a motorway with the associated noise, it was also on an industrial estate and you were stuck in the hotel unless you wanted to get a taxi to the nearest town/village for a drink in the evening.

I would be happy to stay there again for an odd night or two but not any longer. Had the location been better, I would be happy to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed your dining experience with us. My chefs will be delighted to read your comments about the standards of food being served. They take pride in every dish leaving their kitchen

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Used this as an overnight break in the journey. In an industrial estate so no other restaurants within walking distance. However hotel restaurant served huge portions of decent food at very reasonable prices. Continental breakfast was included and it was very decent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stan J
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed evening meal. We have recently launched a new menu, so grateful for your feedback on that.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Have just returned from a 3 night stay. First impression of hotel on arrival was not particularly favourable, but once inside it was a pleasant surprise. Rooms a little stark, could do with a picture or two, but very clean, my only criticism is the bed, it was a bit too soft and slightly lumpy, having said that my husband and I slept well. For £33 per night it was very good value and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue A

Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I visited the Campanile for a single, weekend, night in August as part of a coach party. The hotel is not very attractive from the outside and is in an unattractive, industrial, location. It was also very busy. That having been said, the room was clean and very pleasant. Check-in, bar and restaurant were operated very efficiently and cheerfully despite the numbers of customers and few staff. It is a budget hotel, but compares very favourably against its peers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank T0nyB
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with the choice of hotel for the coach trip

My team and I do everything we can to drive really good customer service, so every guests leaves with the thought of coming back

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

stayed at the campanile overnight on august 3rd 2013, nice rooms clean tidy only downfall no hand towels not even when asked about them plus the lovely green wardrobes leave a bit to be desired.. stayed here with national holidays mystery tour nice but on an industrial estate food nice but beer expensive if you stay here get a taxi to the village only £4 lot cheaper. our roon overlooked the carpark and batleys lol request a room viewing the terrrace if you can.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5thtimeround
Reviewed 26 August 2013

when we booked this hotel we wanted something cheap and not to far from Bradford as only wanted some where to rest our heads for one night . we had read reviews on the hotel , saying motor way close and noise disturbed them . Yes it is close to Hotel but that is part of the appeal as can get around easy. you need to remember this is on Industrial estate and as such there will be some noise from this. The bedroom was Very large and looked good from the first entry . Large bed nice sofa tea and coffee making items . Real surprised for cost we had paid. we arrived after a long day in Bradford so decided to give the Hotel Resturant a try the menu is basic but does all says on the Tin . there is enough choice and food is good quality and warm we had two main meals and desserts and a bottle of wine and cost just £ 40 good value. Our sleep at night was very relaxing nice large bed . Motor way not a problem. The morning Breakfast was continental but able to fill easy on that , a full breakfast can be had for extra. overall the hotel ect was great , the only down side would be the toilet was a little small .. our request for ground floor room was forefilled and got what we wanted will use again ...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing such a lovely review. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we managed to exceed your expectations.

I am really lucky to have a great team who are passionate about customer service. I will make sure they see your review.

We have recently changed our menu, which delivers a real value for money experience. Really pleased your enjoyed your dining experience

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon