“dont judge it by the outside very good”
Review of Campanile Bradford

Campanile Bradford
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
LEICESTER
“dont judge it by the outside very good”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

yes its in a middle of a industrial estate but when you walk in what a surprise lovely clean room excellent breakfast and evening meal very polite and chatty resturant staff lovely stay would defintly use again

Room Tip: high floor reception side
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TIMELORDLeicester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel was conveniant for the motorway, food good and fairly priced,but I must mention how friendly Alan the night porter/receptionist was,nothing was too much trouble, and made my stay a happy one, he is an asset to the campanile brand.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor away from the entrance to the front of the building for a quieter room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank twoofus186460
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Had never stayed in a campanile hotel before but this one was great. The hotel isn't located in the most picturesque place but was just 2 miles down the road from where I was working for 3 days so very handy after long days on site.

Service was good throughout and all the staff were helpful when queried. The room was big and clean, no complaints.

Ate in the bar which had a lively atmosphere with plenty of other guests milling about. Buffet breakfast was good, plenty to choose from.

Overall, clean, comfortable, great VFM, would use again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank leek1972
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a good stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought we were reasonably priced and that my team provided a high standard of customer service. We do our best to make sure every guest leaves a happy guest

Burnley
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My partner and I like to get away now and again to somewhere quite and the Campanile was recommended to us by friends that had stayed previously, Check in was very quick and smooth and we were given a room on the second floor.

After settleing in we came down stairs to have a drink in the bar there were plenty of empty tables but non of them were clean and the member of staff that was serving seemed to have a slight body odour problem which judging by the standard of the tables was not surprising. We then went out for the afternoon, on returning to the hotel we proceeded to the bar and the tables had still not been cleaned (and it did not look as thoughit had been busy) but there had however been a change of staff.

We came down later for dinner althiugh the menu was limited the staff were friendly and helpful, after dinner we returned to the bar were you guessed it the tables were still dirty and there was now lots of detritus on the floor and the staff just seemed to step over it.

The next morning we came down for breakfast and noticed that the bar area had been cleaned and smelt quite fresh which is more thatn we can say for the member of staff that smelt like an ashtray my partner and I being non-smokers found this to be quite offputting and did'nt really fancy eating after this.

We would like to stay again as the majority of the staff were really pleasant especially those on the front desk, it seems a shame that the restaurant staff are letting the side down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John S
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to hear your stay was not to your liking.

I can honestly say, this is not a normal standard and shocked at this

I would like to invite you to contact me, so I can get some further information about your stay, which will allow me carry out work to improve the issues for other guests. The hotel number is 01274 683 683.

I look forward to speaking to you shortly

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Was staying here as part of a nearby conference, i agree with the other reviewers that the outside does look horrible, I wasn't looking forward to entering, but once inside, it all changed. Checking was friendly and quick, and the room was spacious and clean. Yes a bit of road noise, and yes some very bright green colours in the wardrobe, but overall, it was okay, I would probably say the same standard as an ibis. The hotel itself I would have given 3 maybe 4 out of 5, but one member of staff really shone and made a great impression. It was Toni in the restaurant. The menu isn't extensive, but still quite pleasant. She was able to recommend dishes to us, always served us with a smile, and really stood out and was a pleasure to be served by. Toni managed to turn a good meal into a fantastic meal! She is a perfect example of the importance of good customer service, and made a big difference to our stay!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob26890
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us. A most reviews point out we ar enot in the best location, however as you experienced, you should never judge a book by its cover

Thank you for your kind words about Toni. It made me very proud to read this and and past it around the team to raise their awareness. I am very lucky to be surrounded by a great team

Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

On arrival at the hotel, the exterior was a little foreboding but on entering it was light, airy and modern. Check in was seamless and speedy. The food was good but limited in choice as we were on a coach holiday with preset menu. Drinks average price for hotels. Staff were lovely at all times and there was an outside terrace which was good as it was a lovely evening when we were there. The room was modern with all the facilities you would expect. It was nice to have a separate bathroom and toilet. Windows hardly opened though and as one who loves a cool room this was my only gripe about the hotel.

The location left a lot to be desired. The hotel is next to a motorway with the associated noise, it was also on an industrial estate and you were stuck in the hotel unless you wanted to get a taxi to the nearest town/village for a drink in the evening.

I would be happy to stay there again for an odd night or two but not any longer. Had the location been better, I would be happy to stay longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am really pleased to read you enjoyed your dining experience with us. My chefs will be delighted to read your comments about the standards of food being served. They take pride in every dish leaving their kitchen

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Used this as an overnight break in the journey. In an industrial estate so no other restaurants within walking distance. However hotel restaurant served huge portions of decent food at very reasonable prices. Continental breakfast was included and it was very decent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stan J
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed evening meal. We have recently launched a new menu, so grateful for your feedback on that.