“Overnight stay to visit relatives” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Campanile Bradford

Campanile Bradford
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Newry, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay to visit relatives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Doesn't seem to be any issue with rooms, we were to the front and buses left early, but no noise issues. Booking was done by phone, to head office. Staff appeared to be French but no language issue and very polite and helpful, Spoke to a male and female both excellent. Front desk staff polite and well groomed. The exterior of the building, greying concrete, in an industrial estate, belies the interior. Courses on in the building and seems to be well used. This is a Budget Hotel but some other supposed more upmarket hotels could learn a lot from this hotel. if I were back, myself, my wife and daughter would make a beeline for this. Excellent. Pleaee do not be put off by the exterior!!

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to be any issue with rooms, we were to the front and buses left early, but no noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank Seamus M
Noreen G, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with your choice of hotel

My team and I do everything we can to drive really good customer service, so every guests leaves with the thought of coming back. I am very lucky to work with great people

I am delighted to read you thought my rooms were of a very high standard. I am proud to have read you thought my rooms were of a better standard then some more expensive hotels you have experienced. It highlights the fact were a great value for money

Noreen G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Wellingborough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed 27/07/14 for one night. The hotel doesn't look much from the outside but the interior was very pleasant and I had a huge room considering I was on my own. A decent size TV unlike many hotels, the room was spotlessly clean and the shower worked properly. A very comfortable bed, I had a really good night's sleep. The green cupboards and shelves are a bit of a shock at first but I got used to them. The food couldn't be faulted considering the fact that I was with a coach party on a weekend away. They served curry on the Saturday so good that I finally got to eat a curry in Bradford. All the staff were polite and helpful.

I agree with previous reviewers that the hotel is a bit isolated, there did not appear to be any pubs or shops nearby or a bus route. It wouldn't be my first choice as a base for a night out but otherwise couldn't fault the place and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with the choice of hotel for the coach trip

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your evening meals. I have a really talented team in the kitchen and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

Shipley, West Yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We got a special discount offer to stop for one night with B&B and £15 towards the evening meal. The Hotel is lovely and clean and the rooms are basic but adequate (the bath is nice and deep).

They don't have many drinks on draft (bottled cider only) and the prices are a like most hotels, so we decided to go to Wibsey for a few drinks (great pubs in Wibsey - all walking distance from each other). DON'T use the hotel taxi telephone. They quoted us £9 to go to Wibsey, so I googled local taxi's and we only paid £4.80 and he quoted £6 to Bradford City centre.

The evening meal/Breakfast was okay. There was a lot of variety for breakfast.

I've booked again for next month.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with your choice of hotel

I am sorry you thought the price of drinks at our bar was expensive. We are part of a chain and have our prices set through head office and the brewery. I will pass on your comments for their perusal for when they are looking at price setting

I have taken on board your comments around the prices of taxi’s from our nominated firm and I will be happy to discuss this with them personally

I am pleased to see you thought we were great value for money. We address our rates daily to make sure we offer the best rates available to our guests

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a stop over during our journey to Scotland. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and made us all feel extremely welcome especially our messy, noisy eight month old baby!
The room we had was spacious and scrupulously clean and the dinner was excellent value & delicious!
Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Noreen G, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

Best regards

Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a problem booking in at reception as they would not take the card details sent by "Late-rooms. com", so had to phone the company and get receptionist to talk to the card holder - Never had this problem before and travel all over the UK. Once sorted, room very spacious, free Wi-Fi, separate toilet and shower.......not sure about the green wardrobe and shelves lol.
Easy access to main roads and although on an industrial estate it is safe and fine. If you want a change of scenery as it is rather isolated you will need to drive or get a taxi.
As a business traveller it certainly met my expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Simon R, Front Office Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us

I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed in the hotel Friday & Saturday so I could attend my Son's stag day at York races.
The hotel is located just off the M606 so ideally located, downside it is in a trading estate, but this was not a problem.
The rooms are basic but adequate for my needs.
Staff are very friendly.
The bar area is good, unfortunately they don't have SKY Sports on the TV.
I would return to the hotel.

Room Tip: Keep away from the front of the hotel near the main entrance, can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Simon R, Front Office Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be friendly.

Redditch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have just returned from this hotel after spending 2 nights the hotel is on an industrial sight but is fine. the staff are very helpful providing a map for us to get to the bus stop better then driving into Bradford. the lady who serves the breakfast is very nice and helpful. the beds are the most comfortable we have ever had in an hotel . I would stay in this hotel next time no problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I'm glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable.

Our guests' comments always contribute to enhance our customer service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Campanile Bradford again soon.