“great weekend break.”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 12 December 2011

very welcoming staff in the grandeur of a victorian hotel.
good,speedy check in ....executive room with massive bed and good facilities.
although the hotel was busy with xmas parties,we were well looked after.
good food,great staff,free parking....what more do you want?

so good we have booked return visits in january and febuary.

mark and michelle fisher.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Mr and Mrs Fisher, thank you for your kind words of appreciation, they are very warmly received by everyone at the hotel. I was a pleasure to have been of service to you last weekend, and what a pleasure it will indeed be to welcome you back again in January and February.

We collectively wish you a very happy and peaceful Christmas and a prosperous New Year, and we'll see you again in 2012.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

a lovely hotel friendly staff and a nice welcome from them we had a nice room and the food was good but service a bit slow.My only complaint was the hair dryer wasn t very and the bath room door squeaked annoyning when you had to use it at night!!!!!!!!!!!!
All in all a lovely place

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Bruno715, thank you for taking the time and trouble in writing to Tripadvisor with your comments following your recent stay at the Midland Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your weekend, apart from the bathroom door sqeaking abit, I am really sorry if that disturbed you. I will have my maintenance team look at the door and remedy this problem forthwith.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future, but in the meantime thank you once again and may I extend our very best wishes to you and your family for the forthcoming festive season.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Christmas dinner party Friday night.
Good service, polite and helpful. Greeters on entry who informed where to go and how to get there. Purely personal I would have liked to have been told where lavatories were Food was relatively good for Christmas fare and only comments made by colleagues was too much food.
Several colleagues had difficulty in getting drinks from the adjacent bar. Purely down to volume of individuals requiring drinks and inadequate number of bar staff to cope with demand. Over the years, having been to numerous evening functions at various venues I have found that in terms of drinks I preferred the venues where staff would frequently ask if anyone wished to order drinks.
Overall a relatively good night was had.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Mike 26121,
Mike thank you for your review following your attendance at the Christmas Party on Friday, I am very pleased that you found the evening to be overall enjoyable. In regards to the bar service, as guests all tend to arrive at a similar time unfortunately the delay getting drinks can sometimes not be avoided purely down to volume of customers. I hope that you found that this situation eased as the night went on, and I am grateful for your kind comments regarding the quality and quantity of food at the party.

Thank you once again and may I wish you and your family all the very best for the forthcoming festive period.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is a Victorian hotel with many original features in the communal areas, the like of which you rarely see these days. I loved the chandeliers and the luggage ramp. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious.I found the staff polite, professional and helpful. I really enjoyed my visit and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Hazel W,

Thank you very much indeed for your very positive review following your recent stay with us at the Midland Hotel. It is always rewarding for the Staff and Management when we receive great feedback and I thank you sincerely for having taken the time and trouble in posting your review.

I hope to be of service to you again, but in the meantime may I wish you and all your family the best of seasonal wishes for the forthcoming festive period.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We were at the hotel over the October holidays. Rooms big enough for the four of us are getting harder to find but we had pleanty of space here even though we had an extra single bed in a room with 2 doubles. The bathroom was spacious with a sepeate shower and bath. Reception were friendly every time we needed them. The light fuse blew one morning but this was dealt with efficiently and was working on our return. When we asked for extra cups (why do hotels make up rooms for 4 and only leave cups for 2?) they were delivered quickly. The wi-fi was free and kept my children quiet without any problems connecting. The room was in need of updating but it appears the hotel is partway through the process. Breakfast was good with generous portions and wide variety, but the dining room was quiet when we were there. My only complaint was that a request for decaf coffee (surely not that unusual these days?) was met with confusion and resulted after a long wait in a pot of hot water with sachets of decaf instant.

Room Tip: Ring to book if like us your part has specific needs (children need seperate beds) as the website ca...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Sassilia, thank you very much indeed for your review following your stay with us in October. I am delighted that you had such a favourable impression of the hotel that you have taken the time and trouble to write a review.

I appreciate your comments regarding simple service issues that we should ensure are correct, and I will of course discuss these with my team accordingly. Thank you for highlighting the positive aspects of the Bedroom, WiFI and Breakfast standards, and also a recommendation to telephone the hotel for families with more specific needs; I am sure this will be very useful to other guests.

May I take this opportunity in wishing you and your family best wishes for the forthcoming festive season, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel before too long.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

....and not in a good way!
A dire experience, which started so brightly with a glass of wine at reception, but all downhill from there.
Once in the room, it was dust everywhere, stains on radiators, the whole room just felt dirty, cheap and tacky, with the decor nobody in their right mind would choose.. Tthe wall had pitted marks showing brightly against the blue paint! shabby, shabby, shabby!
Going for dinner was no better, with the hotel closing one bar at 9pm and the grill restaurant deserted and no staff, the only option was the residents bar. The menu was limited and offered nothing fresh nor healthy. I decided on the fish platter (very small piece of haddock, salmon and one scallop all deep fried) against the advice of the barman, who it turned out was proved correct, to say the meal was dire would be overselling it.
After a hopeless nights sleep due to a lumpy mattress and pillows flatter than a witches chest I was going to forego breakfast in an effort to leave as soon as possible, however i was pleasantly surprised by a very nice bacon sandwich and a cup of tea, although it would be some commitment to screw these up!
Give this place a wide berth.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank KJR42
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Dear KJR42,

May I thank you sincerely for your candid review, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise most sincerely for you having to have experienced what appears to be a glaring lack of service standards during your recent stay at the Midland Hotel. I will investigate the issues you have brought up immediately with the relevant line Managers and appropriate action will be taken to ensure our standards are not allowed to slip like this again.

In the meantime I can assure you that the lounge menu contains plenty of freshly cooked food from Steaks, to Pasta's and Salads. I am sorry if the on duty barman misled you in anyway regarding your choice of food.

I appreciate the honesty in your review, but however I do regret that my Duty Manager did not have the opportunity to remedy these issues for you during your stay as your comfort and satisfaction is of paramount importance to us at all times.

I would welcome the opportunity in restoring your faith in the Midland Hotel should your business or leisure itinerary bring you back to Bradford; indeed I would be delighted to handle your reservation personally.

Thank you once again, your comments will certainly help us to improve our performance and look at the standards of service and cleanliness.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 November 2011

stayed at midland hotel bradford for night incorporating a theatre break.impressive hotel ,very clean,staff helpful and polite.room was beautiful.spacious ,great marble bathroom.comfortable bed.breakfast excellent choice of continental and english.thoroughly recommend,

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear TezzyLeeds

I would like to thank you most sincerely for your recent review following your overnight stay at the Midland Hotel. I hope that your experience at the theatre was as positive. May I say that it was a pleasure to read such a positive review with a broad analysis of our service and standards.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Best Regards