“Excellent Service and Stay”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Me and My husband rang to reserve a room and it was last minute. Aggie did the booking and she was very helpful and kind and we were really happy to stay there and all the staff was very nice so Thank you everyone and Thank you so much Aggie for all your help.
This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we will be coming back in future.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sobia a
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Sobia a,

Thank you most sincerely for your recent review of the hotel following your stay, and thank you for booking with us. I am delighted that Aggie was so helpful and the staff members were very nice during your stay, and I will certainly thank her and the other staff personally.

I am grateful for your very generous comments and hopefully we will have the pleasure of your company when you stay again very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Jenny

I just wanted to say a huge Thank you to both you and Denise for all the work you put in to my sisters wedding before the big day arrived, and a massive Thank you to you Jenny for helping make her Wedding day just perfect.

You were very understanding about all my lists !! and everything went just i had hoped it would, and you and the rest of the staff on the day did a wonderful job in giving Leigh and Bob a day to really remember.

Everyone of our guests commented on how lovely the staff were and how fantastic all the food was both at the meal and on the night do ( i know as i had more than my share ! ) and Leigh and Bob were very touched at the gift and card left in there room from yourselves.

The whole day was wonderful and you outdid yourself.

I managed to collect everything i needed on the Sunday but they couldn’t find the cupcake boxes, and to be honest i couldn’t remember asking you to save them ! so if they are hanging about just let me know and if not don't

worry about it.

Kind Regards,

Carrie Kenny

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Carrie Kenny,
May I take this opportunity in offering my grateful thanks to you for such a wonderful review that you afforded the hotel, and in particular a big thank you for mentioning Jenny and Denise. I have passed your comments onto Jenny and Denise and both would like to express their gratitude to you for your most generous praise.

I am delighted that Leigh and Bob’s Wedding went as planned and you and the other guests had such a memorable time. I will also pass on your thanks to the Chef for his dedication in providing the ‘fantastic’ food for the Wedding Breakfast and the Evening Buffet.

Please pass on my best wishes to Leigh and Bob for their future together, and I would once again like to thank you for your excellent and very complimentary review.

Many thanks

Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I stopped at The Midland as we were at the Alhambra Theatre (10 minute walk) to see Starlight Express. We arrived earlier than planned and as our room was not quite ready, we were given complementary Tea in the Lounge. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful and gave us a map to show where the theatre was. The lift to the first floor as very large and seemed even more so by being mirrored on all four sides! Our Executive Room on the first floor overlooked the smallish car park. The room was larger than usual, as was the bathroom. Tea and Coffee making facilities were good and plentiful. The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed a good nights sleep. We ate in the bar lounge at 6.00pm. I had Nicoise Salad which was delicious whilst my wife had Hamburger and Chips, which she said she enjoyed. We breakfasted alone, as we assume everyone else had already left. My Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg was delicious and hot. My wife's toast was for once toasted and hot when it arrived. All in all a very good stay in a clean and tidy hotel with some History. Sir Henry Irving died in the Reception Hall and George Formby stayed here whilst at the Alhambra!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear FieldsUKand Florida
I would just like to express my thanks to you for having taken the time and trouble in writing this review following your recent stay at the Midland Hotel. I am delighted by your very generous comments regarding your experience and I will of course thank the staff for their excellent customer service throughout your stay.

I am grateful for your comments regarding the food that you enjoyed in room service, and of course at breakfast the next day.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Arrived at hotel the reception staff were really pleasant and friendly we were upgraded to exec twin room that was nice. The room was lovely large flat screen telly robes slippers only complaint was bathroom dirty hairs in bath and grumby slim on bath panel. In saying that when we reported to manager on duty they immediately apologized and offered to move us but with it being late in night we declined didnt want to complain but they said we should off done straight away and housekeepers would come and clean again. We were given free galik coffees which was great. We stayed on a kgb deal which included dinner which again was lovely a la carte menu the staff and waiters were really nice and welcoming. Overall we had a lovely stay the hotel is gorgeous central for the town we jumped train to leeds which is right next door to hotel. I would stay again if i ever went to bradford again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear pumawitch,
I am responding to your very generous comments made in the review you posted following your recent stay at the Midland Hotel, thank you very much indeed. It gives my team great satisfaction receiving positive feedback from our guests following a memorable stay, and the time and trouble you have taken in posting this review is very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the KGB package and thank mentioning the quality of food and the service provided by our staff and the overall value for money.

I appreciate your comments about the dirty Bath Panel and would like to apologise for this deficiency in standards that you experienced, although as you rightly started the Duty Manager or Duty Housekeeper would have reacted positively and dealt with it had they have been informed.

Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once again very soon. In the meantime thank you once again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2012

All the service are available that you can expect from a business hotel. Central located in bradford not many restaurants located near the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hlamers1973

Dear Hlamers1973,
I am very grateful for having received your generous comments regarding the hotel, and its facilities from a business user perspective.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and I thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of your custom once again soon, but in the meantime, thank you.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great position. Friendly and helpful staff. On our arrival we were given an upgrade to an executive room, very nice but no chocolates or fruit! The cleanliness was excellent very impressed. Definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Adri_uk
Thank you very much for the review that you posted following your recent stay with us. I am very grateful for your kind and generous comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, and I am pleased that you appreciated the complimentary upgrade to an executive room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our Charity recently held a Fundraising Dinner at the Midland Hotel, and from start to finish the service we received was amazing!! The room we had hired was absolutely beautiful (the Princes Ballroom) and the hotel had decorated the tables simply and elegantly - better than we could have done ourselves!
Right from setup to the dinner itself to setdown, all of the staff were incredibly helpful, polite and all willing to go the extra mile to help. Gary, the staff member assigned to our evening, was faultless in his service. Even when our seating plan changed numerous times throughout setup, he was always willing to accommodate our needs with a smile. He calmly dealt with any changes to plan and he made all of our team feel like we could approach him with any questions or queries.
The food was absolutely delightful, the waiting staff all attentive but never intrusive and the evening completely wonderful! I could not recommend the Midland enough for an event. We will certainly be using them again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Rachel100512,
Thank you very much indeed for your very kind review following your event here at the Midland Hotel. I am so pleased that your event and experience of the hotel was such a success and was enjoyed by all who attended. I would also like to add my appreciation of you having noticed the professionalism of the Events team here from the initial planning stages throughout the build up and organising period, to the successful running of night itself, and in particular thank you for mentioning Gary.
In conclusion I am really pleased that you and your colleagues had such a memorable experience with us and I would like to extend my thanks to you again for taking the time and trouble in writing your review.