“well placed central Hotel”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
west sussex
“well placed central Hotel”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The Midland is an old style grand hotel from the railway era. The staff are particularly welcoming. Whilst registering I was offered a glass of wine, as a thank you for booking. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant was as shown on the Hotel web site and I found the food tasty and well prepared. Throughout my stay I found all the staff helpful and friendly.The Hotel is close to the city centre: being a two minute walk from Forster Square rail station. The hotel was undergoing refurbishment but I found it a nice touch that the style and architecture from its origins remained. Good value and good standards , the staff clearly want to ensure guests are happy during the stay

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank advisor15168
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Dear advisor15168,
I would like to thank you for your very gracious review of the hotel and its facilities following your recent stay. I believe the review you have written is both informative, and it portrays everything that we strive to achieve for our guests. I am delighted that you found the service from the staff, food standards and overall facilities and services of the hotel to meet your expectations, and good value for money.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel once again in the near future, but in the meantime thank you once again.

Warmest Regards

Gary Peacock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

on 9th. march 2013 i attended an evening function, an 80th. birthday party, at the Midland hotel. From the initial booking arrangements with the events manager Kate to the evening itself we found the staff to be of excellence. The food was excellent the function room was excellent the disc jockey was excellent ....now as you know it is my wont to tell the absolute truth in my reviews and i keep looking at all the "excellents" i have included in the above ....i make no apologies for the repetitive use of the word because this is how i found things. ......the hotel itself is well placed in the centre of Bradford, and is a beautiful building, the bedrooms are spacious and spotlessly clean and comfortable. Needless to say the evening was a huge success and I end this review by saying well done and thanks to all management and staff

Room Tip: i only used one room, I made enquiries of other overnight guests, of which there were plenty, and th...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank star056
Dear star056,
I appreciate you having taken the time and trouble to write your review following the recent 80th Birthday celebration party. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Staff, and in particular Kate, the Food and DJ on the night.

I am grateful for your overall appraisal of the hotel and I am pleased that the party was such a success.

I hope to see you at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The food was absolutely lovely and the service was fantastic. The staff made all of us feel special, especially my mum and my mother in law. A huge thanks to all at The Midland, in particular Clem, Liz and Matis who made the day one to remember.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Pimasmum
Dear Pimasmum,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback following your visit to the hotel on Mother’s Day. I am really proud of my staff and delighted to hear that they made your mother-in law feel so special. Thank you for naming individual members of staff, to whom I will offer my personal thanks.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back before too long.

Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Held my mum's 80th birthday party here last night. The staff were very professional and attentive, especially the events managers Kate and Gary, but also the bar staff and receptionists. The food was very good and the prices were competitive. There are several different sized rooms to choose from, each with its own bar area. Would highly recommend it for a party.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Leslie R
Dear Leslie R
I was delighted when I read your review following your Mum’s 80TH Birthday Party; this is very kind of you indeed. Thank you for your very kind comments regarding the Staff and the food and your overall recommendation as a party venue.

I am pleased that you had an and enjoyable party and may I add my personal congratulations to your mum on her 80th Birthday.

We hope to see you again very soon

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed one night at the lovely Midland Hotel but all wished it could have been for longer - 4 adults and one toddler. All our rooms were excellent and the overall friendly welcome and standard of cleanliness everywhere were particularly noticeable. On arrival, when we were all tired after a long journey from Wiltshire, the bar-staff bent over backwards to make us all feel comfortable and cosseted, even to the extent of offering to warm some milk for my grandson. If we return to Bradford, this hotel will be our first choice and we will remember Peel Hotels when next travelling in the UK. We enjoyed one bar meal and a delicious and varied breakfast menu.

Room Tip: If staying in winter, make sure you know how to turn down the excessive heating - my daughter slept...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Penny,
Thank you very much indeed for your review following your recent stay with us. I am really delighted with your comments and so pleased that the staff looked after you so well, particularly your Grandson. I appreciate your generous views on the bedrooms and food, both at breakfast and the bar meals.

I am sure you will receive as good a welcome and service at any of the other Peel Hotels.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Bradford hopefully before too long.

Kind Regards

Worthing West Sussex
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Coming from the South of England I was ignorant of the history of the mills around Bradford. A trip to nearby Saltaire and a walk around Bradford was enlightening and enjoyable.
Staying at the historic Midland hotel added to the pleasure. A lovely welcome from the reception staff and a free glass of wine sipped in the comfortable seats by the magnificent staircase (on which Henry Irving died) was a good start.
The room was spacious with a well equipped bathroom and a comfortable bed.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel but can recommend the breakfast.
To summarise, loved it!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank MysteryTripMan
Dear MysteryTripMan,
I am writing in reply to your excellent review that you posted following your stay at the hotel. I am particularly pleased that you had an enjoyable trip to the Bradford District and saw some of what we have to offer, which also includes the history of this landmark hotel.

Thank you for your overall review of the hotel, staff and facilities, I am truly grateful that you chose the Midland Hotel initially and have subsequently taken the time to write your review. I feel that I must add what a pleasure it is for us all to have been of service to you.

I hope it’s not long before we can welcome you back to the Midland Hotel.

Warm Regards

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I attended my brothers wedding here, the wedding coordinator as brilliant! I haven't been to a wedding since that has been so organised and well run! Timings was brilliant! Food and atmospher great! Everyone went well out there way to ensure we had a great day!
Only down point is that the mens toilet by the princes ball room is smelly and makes the corridor smell of wee! Nice!
But overall 5 star!

• Stayed July 2012
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Dear Alex,

I am very grateful to you for your review after attending your brother’s wedding at the hotel. Your feedback regarding Denise, who co-ordinated your brother’s wedding, is particularly pleasing and I will ensure she is thanked personally. I will also offer my thanks to the Head Chef and the Operations team who took care of the wedding food and service delivery.

Thank you most sincerely for having taken the time and trouble to write your review, and as you are obviously local to us here in Bradford it will be a pleasure to welcome you once again very soon.

With grateful thanks and best regards