“Excellent Stay”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed last week for graduation ceremony - staff were so friendly and helpful. We stayed in the disabled room and it was great for my husband's issues. We needed a fridge and the one in the bedroom wasn't working within 10 minutes the lovely lady on reception was standing at the door with another fridge!! My daughter and her boyfriend were upgraded to a four poster room and were absolutely delighted. Couldn't recommend the hotel enough

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather W
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Heather W

How very kind of you to post this review. I am glad you had such a nice time, both here at the hotel and also the graduation ceremony.

We will always do our very best to make our guests have comfortable and relaxing experience, your review suggests we were successful in doing so. I am looking forward to passing your comments on to my team
I would also like thank you for recommending the Midland Hotel to other Tripadvisor users.

May I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is a historic hotel with non of the stuffiness that might be associated with hotels of this kind. The staff are the friendliest I have know in any hotel. Nothing is too much for them. Rooms a always clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend this as a great place to stay in the city of Bradford.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike R

Dear Mike R

Thank you for your review, this really is a huge compliment to both my team and myself. I really do appreciate you taking the time to post it on Tripadvisor.

Your comments are extremely generous, and it is always a pleasure to take care of you during your visits to Bradford.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Midland at some point in the future. Until such time may I wish you a very happy Christmas, and a prosperous 2014

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have stayed at the Midland in Bradford on a number of occasions and have both arranged and attended formal events there too. The staff are extremely helpful, nothing is too much trouble and they make you feel so welcome. Organising events is made very straightforward and as group coordinator you feel really supported. The standard of accommodation - bedrooms and meeting rooms - and hospitality/catering is excellent. Highly recommended - it's central and has a free car park too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ES_PA2013
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear ES_PA2013

Your review is most generous in all areas of the hotel, thank you so much. It makes me very happy to receive such kind feedback and I genuinely cannot wait to share it with my team.

Our events team work extremely hard in getting it right for our customers I am thrilled you keep coming back for more.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy and relaxing Christmas from my team and myself.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Really appreciated the 'nothing is too much trouble' approach of the staff. We used it for a business meeting, and had the two course lunch in the restaurant, which was great value. Has to be one of the best historic buildings in Bradford - nice to meet somewhere central with free parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim99873

Dear Tim 99873

Thank you for choosing the Midland to hold your business meeting and lunch.

Your review was most generous, it pleases me that my team took such good care of you. Our guests are extremely important to the hotel; we will do our very best in meeting their needs.

May I also thank you for your equally kind comments on the hotel, I must agree with you it is a beautiful historic building and a pleasure to work in.

May I wish you a happy Christmas from my team and myself.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed one night, the room was spacious and very clean. No real view but it is town centre.The whole hotel is very tasteful and full of charm. You can still see the history if you enter by the rear of the building , it was built for the railways. Lovely touch . Food is fab and very good value for money, bed was very comfy . Staff are friendly too. Would def use the hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vodkasue

Dear Vodkasue

Thank you for kind review. I am so glad you entered the hotel along our beautiful Victorian passageway; it really is like stepping back in time.

I will pass your comments on to my team, who I can assure you will be just as thrilled as I am.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy Christmas.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Lovely old fashioned style with a lot of history within the walls, in need of a little refurbishment here and there but an enjoyable experience never the less. I would bring a few extra pennies as the bar is very expensive cost 16 pound for four small drinks, but other than that I have little bad things to say.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Dominic T

I am glad you had an enjoyable experience here at the Midland Hotel recently.

The hotel has undergone major refurbishment over the last few years and there are some amazing areas of historical interest also as you point out. In regards to drinks prices the main guest bar is cheaper than the more nationally known chains deliberately, and obviously the prices are determined by the choice of drink and I as I am unaware of your order I am unfortunately unable to comment any further.

I am pleased that you took the time and trouble to write your review; many thanks indeed.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Lovely old hotel with real charm and character. We attended a wedding here. The function rooms and bar are great. The rooms are a bit tired which is why the 3 star rating. Breakfast was lovely. Just a small point but most of the staff are not English. They tended to chat between themselves in their own language while serving customers. This is not great customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AnotherTerasa

Thank you for your review, it is important for me to receive guest feedback. Most of our rooms have had or are having an upgrading and we’ve been refurbishing the hotel from a very low standard for a number of years. Should you afford us the pleasure of your custom again you will be able to see, perhaps, some of our newer Executive rooms.

I am glad you found the hotel charming and with character and I do hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.