“Life in the City”

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Haworth, United Kingdom
“Life in the City”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Midland is one of those grand buildings built to cater for the Victorian rail traveller who demanded the best. The Midland still puts up an excellent show with beautiful functions rooms with grand chandeliers and the hotel boasts three bars.
Our room was huge with two double beds - the bathroom was larger than many modern hotel rooms. The beds were very comfortable, with good reading lights and a TV that did not demand that you went through a "this is your hotel "rigmarole to access a programme.
A good night's sleep, an excellent shower and a very nice breakfast rounded out a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask fior a twin room - we had the biggest hotel bedrom I have ever had in a hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Peterthepanda

I would like to thank you very much for review I see you are a well seasoned traveller. So I really do appreciate your time and very kind comments.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, here at the Midland Hotel.

We are all very proud of this beautiful Victorian building, and as I have said many times before it’s an absolute please to work in.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Gary Peacock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Polish first
Shipley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We met to celebrate a friends 7oth birthday in this city centre hotel. We were given a very warm welcome by the reception staff and pointed in the right direction to meet the other guests. We met in the main dining room for lunch, a total of 11 of us. We had the set menu 2 courses @ £10.95 a good selection of food was available, it was well served and the service was efficient and courteous. We were then given a tour of the hotel by one of the guest who was staying in the hotel, I have been in the hotel on numerous occasions but never seen beyond the ground floor. It was an eye opener, it is very well carpeted, it has feel of grandeur, .lovely wide corridors no creaking floors and sumptuous bedrooms. I was very impressed. The guest who showed us round was staying a couple of nights, he had also stayed over the Christmas period and said it was a great experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Simon 2545

I am thrilled you chose the Midland Hotel to celebrate your friends 70th birthday. Thank you for allowing us to be part of this very special day.

I know the gentleman who showed you around the hotel, he is a regular customer and loves the hotel as much as I do. It’s an amazing Victorian building with equally amazing features, and always a pleasure to show any guests or visitors around.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Interesting historic Victorian entrance leading to tastefully restored public rooms.Modern bathroom and spacious comfortable bedroom but in need of updating.Pleasant and helpful staff.Despite only staying for one night our room was immediately changed following a minor complaint.Finally special compliments to the breakfast chef whose cuisine was first class.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Jeffrey P.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Midland. May I thank you for your very kind comments.

I am glad my reception team dealt with your minor complaint immediately. We do whatever we can to make our guests comfortable, as it is most important that they enjoy their stay.

May I also thank you for complimenting our breakfast chef, and It will be a pleasure discussing your review with my team.

Cheshire
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Recently stayed here for two nights. A superb hotel, right in the centre of Bradford, so great for exploring on foot.
Lovely staff, without exception. Had breakfast & dinner, food was beautiful. Very high standard & beautifully presented.
Our room was extremely comfortable, beautiful modern bathroom. The room was on the front, but no noise at all due to double glazing.

Room Tip: Our room was a standard double. No complaints at all. Very comfortable & don't know how it c...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Jebbin

I cannot thank you enough for this five star review! It was an absolute pleasure for me to receive, and it will be an absolute pleasure for me to share with my team.

It goes without saying we would love to take care of you again, should you be back in Bradford at some point in the future.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night as we were attending a function. The reception staff were very helpful and efficient checking us in. The room was adequate although some of the surfaces could have been cleaner. The bathroom was very clean however and the shower extremely powerful. The room was unbearably warm however with no way of reducing the heat, whilst this didn't spoil our stay it did make for a broken nights sleep. Breakfast was nice although service was slow and would have been nice to have had baked beans as an option on the full english. Attentive staff however and toast in abundance. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ClaireA1971

May I thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us here at the Midland.

I am sorry you found your room too warm. If we have the pleasure of your company again, please do not hesitate to contact reception and we will make sure you are happy with the temperature of your room.

Thank you for your kind comments on my team and we do hope to welcome you at some point in the future.

Torpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The Midland Hotel in the heart of Bradford. The Hotel is a very beautiful building wonderful chandeliers and brilliant art deco lights. The reception staff are very helpful and the Resturant is fabulous the food is very good the catering staff are so helpful nothing is to much trouble. My room was of a good size and a very comfortable bed. Parking if you arrive late my be a problem but would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mal S

I would like to thank you for posting such a generous review on Tripadvisor, it really does help other users when they are looking for a hotel to suit their needs.

It is a beautiful Victorian building and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Should you be in the area again, it would be our pleasure to take good care of you once more.

Lille, France
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Very unique decoration and building, huge rooms, perfect service, good breakfast. Employees are really customer-oriented, well appreciated.

Perfect for business trips, also offering sports facilities 200m to the hotel.

At 100m from the Forster Square trainstation.

More expensive than other hotels but worth the money for the service and the experience offered.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with no view upon the streets, many cars and bus passing.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Aaron Travelers

How very kind of you to write this very generous review, I will get a lot of pleasure discussing it with my team.

I have to agree with your comment on our location, it is perfect for business and pleasure.

May I also add I very much appreciate your opinion on the value and service we offer here at the Midland.

I do hope we have the pleasure of your company at some point in the future.