“4 stars for the hotel but 5*+ for the staff.”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 28 July 2014

About the hotel: It’s a very nice hotel. Very grand in a great location with all the amenities you need for a day in Bradford. Parking is onsite which is great and the hotel is very well decorated. The only negative I would have is that the rooms don’t have any air conditioning. Not really too much of a problem as the staff were able to supply a fan to help keep us cool.

About the staff: On the two days we were there I came across some of the most professional, courteous and helpful staff I have ever dealt with in any hotel in the world. Having a 6 month old meant we had a long list of requirements all of which were met. The staff were helpful and did everything they could even at 3am!

Great Hotel/Great Staff. Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Dr_dangh

Many thanks for posting this review on Tripadvisor. I really do appreciate your time, but most of all I value your comments on your recent stay with us.

As I am sure you can imagine I am overjoyed with your 5* award for my hard working team. I am left absolutely speechless with your comments, they are so very generous. It will give me a lot of pleasure discussing your review with the extremely conscientious staff team.

It would also give me great pleasure to welcome you back to The Midland Hotel at some point in the future, and allow us take care of you once again.

There are newer reviews for Midland Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

great experience, friendly staff, comfy beds. We complained about our room having to endure the noise from the building of Westfield outside and they promptly moved us to another room - no hassle, no groans.
Very nice feel to it, the restaurant wasn't particularly to my taste and was expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Victoria G

Many thanks for posting this review on Tripadvisor, I am most pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we took good care of you. We will always do our very best to make our guests stay an enjoyable one, so not a problem for us to to change your room.

Should we have the pleasure of your company again do have a look at our lounge menu, it has quite a good choice.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for one night in July on business. Really nice staff, friendly and attentive. Lovely grand Victorian hotel right in the centre of town. The only let down was lack of air con and it was very, very warm in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Moldog

May I start by thanking you for posting this review on Tripadvisor, I am most grateful.

I am thrilled we took such good care of you, and I shall look forward to sharing your comments with my team.

If we do have the pleasure of your company again and it's too warm please contact reception. They will do their very best to make you more comfortable.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here on business,this Hotel part of the Peel Hotel Group is well located for the centre of Bradford and has ample free parking.The big stand out is the very efficient and friendly service provided by all the staff, cant do enough for you including a free glass of wine on arrival! I didnt dine in the evening but the restaurant and quality of choice at breakfast was very good so no complaints.The only downside are the rooms are a bit hit and miss and dated and could do with a bit of modernisation but apart from that its well recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear LamcsMr-b

Many thanks for this most generous review. I see you are a seasoned traveller, and have posted many reviews on Tripadvisor. Many thanks for your time, and your very generous comments.

I am thrilled we took good care of you. It was a pleasure to welcome you with a glass of wine on arrival. It’s a perfect way to relax unwind, and enjoy your stay with us.

It goes without saying you are always welcome at The Midland Hotel Bradford, for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A beautiful Victorian hotel in the heart of Bradford. Beautiful chandeliered ballroom, elegant meeting rooms, comfortable bedrooms. I arrange my business meetings here. Next to Forster Square railway station. Only downside = almost no off-street parking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip G
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Philip G

Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor. I absolutely agree with your comments on this beautiful Victorian building, and I will never tire of working here.

We do have a car park at the rear of the hotel which is complementary, and you are most welcome to use it.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Having received a group email from the guesthouse we had booked several weeks earlier doubling the cost of our stay, (Cherrytree guesthouse in Idle, shamelessly profiteering on the TdF), we needed to find a room at short notice. No easy task when 2.5m people were due to watch the Grand Depart of the Tour de France in Yorkshire.

As it happens, the Midland was perfect. Available rooms, cheaply priced, fantastic location by Forcester Square station, well appointed clean rooms (with bath), excellent breakfast, nice Gin & Tonic in the bar, and above all staff who were friendly, polite, and professional. Secure free parking was a bonus. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anthony G
Thank you for this most generous review on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry you were put in such a position with your accommodation prices being increased substantially, but I am pleased we managed to help.

Le Grand Depart was truly an amazing event for Yorkshire, and I am thrilled you were able to come and be part of it. I am equally pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is most kind of you to recommend our hotel so highly.

Should you return to Yorkshire at any time in the future, I do hope you would afford us the pleasure of your company.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I went there on Saturday 5th July. We had drinks before and after dinner in the bar. We were served in the most polite and professional way by a young man called Rich, his service and the general standard of the hotel was 1st class. It added to our enjoyable evening. These standards are what can make Bradford great again. Thank you. Mr & Mrs Henson, Bulldog Beds, 33 Cheapside, Bradford, BD1 4HR.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian H

How very Kind of you to post this amazing review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased you received “1st Class Service”

I am thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience here with us at The Midland Hotel, and it was an absolute pleasure to take good care of you both. I will very much look forward to sharing this review with my team.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again, at some point in the future.