“Nice cup of coffee” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice cup of coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Was meeting a colleague for a quiet coffee. Central location. Parking and best of all nice lounge to enjoy a hot cup of coffee. Staff are friendly and wiling to help. External building very grand. Defo will return.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear davesmithy444

Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor, I am most grateful.

May I also thank you for pointing out to other users, that they are always very welcome to meet friends and colleagues here at The Midland Hotel for coffee.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit, and we will very much look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Gary Peacock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Myself and a couple of friends went for a meal at the Midland Hotel on 4/8/14. we had never been before, and was so surprised at the inside of the building, It is absolutely beautiful. The atmosphere was so relaxing, it was amazing, We felt at home. The meal itself was gorgeous, I have a few dietry requirements and the waitress I think she was called Adele was more than helpful. she went to check the menu with the chef, which i appreciated gratefully. We all enjoyed our food and went home happy bunnies, would love to be able to stay and enjoy more of the atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lesleyherbertson
Dear Lesleyherbertson

May I start by welcoming you to Bradford and The Midland Hotel; I am pleased you enjoyed your first visit. Adele did mention to me that you had enjoyed your evening very much.

We will always help with any dietary needs wherever possible, and I believe Adele organised a nice selection for you to choose from.

I do hope we can welcome you and your friends back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I attended a dinner in June in The French Ballroom, supporting a national charity so obviously there was quite a number of people to be served. Of the 5 course dinner there was not one blip in the service or the quality of the food. The staff were exceptionally helpful, the table beautifully decorated and with the chandaliers there was a feeling of opulence.

Parking is available, and there is a lift is stairs are difficult (as ballroom on the first floor) The lifts have large wrap around mirrors and again were spotless

On a second occasion I ate in the dining room downstairs on a evening with my partner. Again food fantastic and the service was efficient,friendly without being intrusive

I would visit again and not shy away from a large event as the quality and service is so individual, praises and compliments to all the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Diboo2317

Many thanks for posting this splendid review; I just can’t thank you enough. I am of course thrilled you enjoyed both dining experiences.

I will very much look forward to sharing your review with my team, who I will also thank for taking such good care of you.

On a more serious note, I do hope the charity benefited greatly from the evening.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Midland Hotel at any point in the future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My colleague recommended I stay here when working in the area and how right he was. The lady on reception last night was lovely, the lady on the bar who got me my supper last could not have been nicer and staff and food at breakfast this morning were great.
My room was lovely with high ceiling and large with lots of room, bathroom floor needs a bit of regrouting and skirting needs a lick of paint and room got very hot but still give room 8/10.
Will definitely be back to this great hotel, big thank you to the staff
Roy

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Roy/redwoodpc

I would like to thank your colleague for recommending the Midland Hotel to you, and of course yourself for staying with us.

I am also very grateful you took the time to post such a generous review on Tripadvisor. Your comments regarding my team are very much appreciated. I will certainly pass both yours and my thanks onto them.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back here at some point in the future.

Gary peacock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Free parking for residents- fantastic bonus for the city centre location!

Reception staff were lovely and helpful at check-in. The hotel itself is classic, clean and has just about everything you could need.

I had a standard double room, which was comfortable. An iron and press were provided, along with a kettle (tea, coffee & hot chocolate), hair-dryer and a modern flat screen tv with a good choice of tv channels.

There was room service available with a good choice of food and drinks, although I didn't use this service.

Breakfast was delicious! I ordered a full English breakfast with bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato and a fried egg. There was also a range of pastries, toast, cereals and juices to choose from.

The staff were organised- there was a wedding and 2 groups using the hotel suites as well as the usual guests. I didn't feel impacted upon at all. The only thing I would say about staff is that at breakfast I felt a little lost at first. I wasn't sure if I was to choose my own table or not.

Overall, a lovely stay. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I had room 241, it was fairly compact, but was quiet because it was at the back, central part of the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Dear Isabel S

Many thanks for submitting this review to Tripadvisor. I am thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay.

It is very important that our guests are taken good care of, no matter how many events are going on at the time of their stay. We are all more than happy to go that extra mile to make your stay is an enjoyable one. How very kind of you to say you would definitely return for a second visit.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back to the Midland Hotel at some point in the future.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

One of the great railway hotels so steeped in history you wouldnt know where to begin! I remember this hotel in the 1960's and then when it was a very much unloved empty building and now it has emerged as an absolute delight!
I'm not saying that everything here is perfect or that the staff get everything right but their attitude to service is great and the food is brilliant! The prices for the food in the bar compare very favourably with fast food equivalents but with proper ingredients well cooked and presented.

Breakfast this morning was so good that I cant really do it justice here. The only breakfast we have ever had to match it was at the Grand in Tynemouth. You really can tell the difference when proper chef's have prepared the food and here it was most noticable on the presentation of the fresh fruit platter - what a choice and so beautifully crafted and also in the poached egg I ordered on my full english instead of fried which was perfect!

Yes the original sash windows wouldnt stay open on a hot night so we used a coat hanger lengthways to hold them open - so what it is an old building full of character and quirkiness! I do suggest to the management that as with many hotels we have stayed in recently in this hot weather that a proper pedestal fan be in every room because we were too hot.

As for the original features well they are absolutely gorgeous as is the artwork and tapestries on the walls. Walking up the original ramp from the station as it was then and now the carpark to the reception was like stepping back in time completely and it was so beautifully presented too!

Final word is that I asked for a low floor or near lift because of walking difficulties and when we arrived we had been given a complimentary upgrade to a room quite near the lift and stairs. It did look out into the scruffy central courtyard but the bathroom was out of this world.

BIGGEST thing they got right that we noticed better than every hotel we have stayed in was the availability and number of plug sockets all strategically placed where you would need them - well thought out!

Just to mention too that the biscuits in the room (grandma wilds) were dairy free which is rare so I was able to have biscuits with my coffee which is a first!

Cant wait to stay again - it was great!

Room Tip: only one lift here because it is an old building so lower floors help with being able to choose stai...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear juliejules2

I don’t know where to begin with my response to this review! I had better start by thanking you so very much!

I find it incredibly interesting that you can remember the hotel in the 1960’s. I am very proud of this beautiful Victorian building, and as I have said on many occasions I feel very privileged to be working here.

May I also thank you for your generous comments about my team, nothing is too much trouble and we are all more than happy to go that extra mile. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance.

Your comments on the breakfast are very much appreciated, I will pass this review on to my Chef, who I know will be just as pleased as I am.

We have great plans for the internal light well area, once our investment programmes for the main public areas externals are completed. Perhaps in a few short years you will see a lot more changes in and around the hotel.

It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you back to The Midland Hotel at some point in the future. Until such time I feel I must thank you one last time for taking the time to post this wonderful review on Tripadvisor

Midland Hotel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

About the hotel: It’s a very nice hotel. Very grand in a great location with all the amenities you need for a day in Bradford. Parking is onsite which is great and the hotel is very well decorated. The only negative I would have is that the rooms don’t have any air conditioning. Not really too much of a problem as the staff were able to supply a fan to help keep us cool.

About the staff: On the two days we were there I came across some of the most professional, courteous and helpful staff I have ever dealt with in any hotel in the world. Having a 6 month old meant we had a long list of requirements all of which were met. The staff were helpful and did everything they could even at 3am!

Great Hotel/Great Staff. Would stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dr_dangh

Many thanks for posting this review on Tripadvisor. I really do appreciate your time, but most of all I value your comments on your recent stay with us.

As I am sure you can imagine I am overjoyed with your 5* award for my hard working team. I am left absolutely speechless with your comments, they are so very generous. It will give me a lot of pleasure discussing your review with the extremely conscientious staff team.

It would also give me great pleasure to welcome you back to The Midland Hotel at some point in the future, and allow us take care of you once again.