“Great wedding party”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great wedding party”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed overnight at this hotel as we were attending some friends wedding. The hotel has great character due to its age, but the room we stayed in was extremely modern with great facilitys and lots of space. There was no noise disturbance which I was worried about being in the centre of town.

The service at the hotel was fantastic and all the staff were very efficient. We asked for an early check-in which was no problem. The wedding we attended was really well organised and the room used was beautiful. I would definitely recommend it as a wedding venue.

Bradford mat not be the most attractive city in the world, but this hotel is well worth a visit!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Berwickshire
Reviewed 11 March 2010

Great breakfast! Slightly old-fashioned hotel (in a good way). Well located. The breakfast set me up for the day.

Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Cape Town is home
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Bradford may not be the most attractive place in the UK but the city centre has been cleaned up and is bright and pleasant. It is a good centre for touring the historically rich area and its many beauty spots.

For my week's business trip I chose to stay at the Midland on the recommendation of a local friend. I was delighted from the moment I walked in out of the snow to the warm welcome of the lovely receptionist (Jackie) and was offered a glass of wine. Check in was fast and efficient and my room was spacious, well equipped, comfortable, and spotlessly clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in for a long time.

The hotel is extremely well run and all the staff with whom I came into contact seem to take pride in their job and in making guests feel welcome, with a 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude.

I had dinner in the hotel restaurant twice, not a very extensive menu but everything was top quality and excellent value for money.

The hotel also has beautifully decorated public rooms and is an old railway hotel, restored with loving care, and really is a gem.

On a previous trip I stayed at the Hilton. The Midland is incomparably better.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
newcastle
Reviewed 29 October 2009

i stayed at this hotel a few months ago and i can say it gets better each time i visit. the staff reconise you even on your second visit it feels very welcoming, they are renovating rooms all the time. they are great. i will definatly return again & again. better than the hilton or the great victoria.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Phnom Penh
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I stayed for two nights and was, on the whole, very impressed with the hotel - the public areas and reception staff were of a high standard for this type of hotel at this price. The location is terrific for accessing anything you need in central Bradford. My room was small, but adequate, comfortable, clean and had a cared-for feel about it. My only complaint was the service at breakfast, which was appalling, the buffet table was a mess and it seemed some categories of visitors - business men - got instant attention, while others such as single, older females like me and an Asian family at the next table one morning got ignored until we complained - despite several staff on duty they had absolutely no system for attending to customers.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Spent an overnight stay at the Midland, was very pleased with all aspects of the Hotel, from check in to the food, all were excellent, bedroom large and spotless, bathroom could do with a new bath and shower but otherwise it was ok. others complain about a smell but l did not notice anything unusual for a period hotel, some chain hotels smell like hospital wards, as for the entrance from the car park, yes; it is a bit gloomy, but you are not staying in it and soon get into the reception area,

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2009

as a recent guest at a wedding hosted by the Midland I opted to stay in the hotel opposed to driving home! This was a severe mistake as I can't describe how bad this place is.

Upon pulling in to the car park I should have suspected the worst as the litter was blowing around like the wild west!! We took the back door in to the hotel which takes you up what looks like a disused railway station or something like that, in mind my TOTALLY ineffective as it look like arriving at the gates of hell.......funny I should say that as this wasn't far off.

I totally concur with the other remarks I've read that say it smells, it really does! The reception area looks so antiquated, you can keep original features but maintain an element of modernism. I couldn't say the receptionist was rude but really portrayed her unenthusiastic attitude marvellously, We headed for the room up the elevator.

Entering the room it was in all fairness spacious, the bed was ok but just in general was just old fashioned and REALLY HOT!!!! no aircon to control room temperature really bugs me as I like to sleep really cool. The bathroom was the most disappointing feature of all, cheap B&Q lino old wooden toilet seat hanging off cracked flowery tiles! I really could go on and on! It was abysmal.... The shower was my biggest pet hate as I have a hatred of shower curtains as they are the most repulsive creations known to man! The one had a habit of sticking to you as you were showering! something my Girlfriend and I laughed about.....The bathroom door didn't lock properly....good job our romance was dead a few years ago!

I must state it was an old room! But the best thing about the hotel was checking out and the road out of Bradford. For £85 I could have staying in a trusty Travel Lodge and got guaranteed cleanliness.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family