“Not happy at all” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Not happy at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel 19th April 2014 this was an organised coach trip to York with family and work friends. On arrival the reception were not very welcoming to our coach party they just asked us to confirm our names and gave us the keys to our room informing food would be served downstairs at 7.30pm. To my knowledge there was no lift to upstairs I was with my mother who suffers with arthritis and my daughter 3 months pregnant I had to carry 3 large bags up a flight of stairs no offer from reception to assist with doors or luggage. The room was very clean and comfortable and I had no complaints on the standard or room. Dinner was served at 7.30 and was very pleasant after we had finished our meal the table was cleared very quickly and the coach party we were with quickly started to leave the room as the waitresses were removing tableclothes and made us feel
we had to leave. We all gathered in reception to try and socialise together there were not enough seats we asked if they could find us more seating the gentleman behind the desk told us to go
downstairs and collect them we advised that they should be at least sorting the chairs for us. The environment was very noisy and alot of people in and out of building constantly. I went to the room
I was sharing with my daughter to try and relax unfortunately the music was blaring into our room
above the party. Me and my daughter turned the volume up on tv but all the noise from party was
far too loud. We had people laughing arguing and shouting outside underneath window whilst
having a cigarette and children running riot in corridors outside our room. I tolerated this noise
until 12.40am and rang reception to question how long I could expect this noise to stop they
advised me 1am. I requested to know why a guest not attending the party had been placed in the
room directly above the gentleman confirmed this was due to the hotel being full. I know that
guests of the party were placed further down the corridor where it would have been much quiter. I
finally got to sleep about 1.30 am and had to be at breakfast for 8.00am the next morning. My
daughter and I were extemely tired the next day and this actually blighted our day. I feel the hotel
need to improve drastically on customer service and every guest treated with respect and
consideration. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone whilst a party is being held as the
hotel do not seem to care about the other guests on their stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 18 or 19 when hotel hosting a party.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank carla m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

loved it here nice clean rooms. good little pub up the road also. reception staff were perfect. xmas carols in march was a little strange. give it a try if in the area. even have cobra on draft. good price on the rooms.

Dundee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Wife and i stayed over 2 nights, Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd February. Arrived late, had dinner in restaurant, then breakfast next day...all very nice...then came Saturday night. Tried to book dinner in restaurant for 8.30. Was told i couldn't as whole restaurant was booked for a wedding! Was then advised i could probably eat there if i was out by 8! How about eating in the bar? Nope. That's booked too. Where CAN i eat? In your room. What about drinks in the bar? Ok, you can buy them, but you have to take them back to your room. So the residents can't eat OR drink in the resident's bar or restaurant? They're not MY rules sir...Sod that - we're off out for a meal ( see review of Royal - excellent!)
Came back late to a horde of drunken Bradford gadgies shouting, screaming and running about whilst their feral children ran about mad, unsupervised and out of their minds on e numbers and fizzy drinks. Was politely advised to try to avoid standing in the vomit on reception floor...so took cover in bedroom...just in time to hear a domestic kick off in room next door! Phoned reception to intervene...no answer. Receptionist probably taking cover too!!! Have stayed in number of Best Westerns over the years and have all been great...Would advise Mr Best Western to nuke this one and start over...

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GuidePostAdmin, Manager at BEST WESTERN Bradford Guide Post Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Customer

In response to your review regarding dinner on Saturday night I quote below a paragraph from the confirmation sent to you by email.

Restaurant
Due to the hotel being a popular wedding/function venue, on certain dates throughout the year the Restaurant may not be open during your stay. It would be advisable to contact us closer to your arrival to check availability of the Restaurant, however alternative dining arrangements/times may be available.

I have spoken to the staff on duty and they have told me that you could eat in the reception area or have room service free of charge. This is standard when our Restaurant and bar area is booked out for a function.

Unfortunately, a guest had vomited on the reception floor and as stated you were politely made aware of this, on occasions vomit and (domestic kick offs) are unavoidable, These are very rare occasions.

I am sorry that your second nights stay was not as enjoyable as anticipated but glad you enjoyed dinner on the Friday evening.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in January 2014 for business. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was on the small side but perfectly functional for a business stay. My group ate in the restaurant for dinner & breakfast and both meals were good quality, although the dinner menu was a bit pricey. Would happily stay here again if I find myself in the Bradford area again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank WildlifeMadTraveller
Bridlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel after a last minute decision to visit relatives who live within 2 miles of the hotel. As we travelled with a 1year old we decided it would be easier to stay over in Bradford rather than drive back the same evening. The decision to stay at the Guidepost Hotel was made easier by the discounted price available by booking last minute (in our case, the night before). We were a bit disappointed that they wanted to charge £10 for a cot putting in our room so we decided to cram our travel cot into the car instead. We were greeted by a very helpful and friendly receptionist who checked us in. A very tidy and homely feel to the hotel. Although my wife complained to me that it was way too hot in the corridors and also in the room too. Overall though, a very pleasant stay and would def stop again if an impromptu visit to the parents happens.

• Stayed January 2014