“Run Down Building, But Skating excellent”
Review of Bradford Ice Rink

Bradford Ice Rink
Ranked #37 of 81 things to do in Bradford
Batley, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Run Down Building, But Skating excellent”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Me and my sister went here during our Easter holiday. Arrived at the Ice rink just after 11.00 the price is rather high at £7.80 for each of us. The building is rather run down and could do with a bit of money spending on it . For a novice skater like myself, you can not hold on to the sides all the way round the rink. There was only one ice marshal on the rink went to another ice rink which smaller and it had at least 3 or 4 marshals.The website states that they are regular intervals for the ice to be resurfaced but in the hour and a half this did not happen.There were some confident skaters that did not care about other people on the ice .But overall me and my sister had a brilliant time.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Hayley A

E. Yorkshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent skating shame about the run down, unloved building/premises”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent skating shame about the run down unloved building/premises. My teens loved it. We went for a disco session which was about £15 for both including boot hire from 7.30 until 10. It took 30 mins to queue up but the experienced staff let about 20 in at a time. There was an exciting, disco atmosphere when you got in and there was some stage effect smoke for good measure. The music was good for the kids and made the atmosphere exciting. My husband and I sat in the cafe area where it is screened off we could sit there and have a chat as it was a bit quieter. At this session at 9pm the regulars (those with their own skates) got to stay on and do a speeding session. Wow, amazingly fast little kids whizzing around! Then they played British Bull Dogs. After 10 minutes. The disco session resumed.
Shame that the building isn't looked after but this didn't detract from the fun the teens had.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank bagpusspinki
west yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Never again warning”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I took 14 girls for my daughters birthday today . Had my purse stolen in the skate hire room right in front of my friends eyes. All my cards and kids personal photos in purse. Manager was very good but little he could do. CCTV shows it. Will never return. On our way out we found a purse in the bushes sadly not mine but obviously stealing is rife .

Visited March 2014
7 Thank hudds9
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I took my partner here because he loves ice skating. We had such a great time, lots of laughs! Yes the place is run down and needs a massive revamp, but we found it quite amusing stepping back into the 80s. We will go again.

1 Thank Amy G
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place, except for rude staff in skate hire”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I love skating here now that I bought my own skates.
Sure, the building is old but there's nothing wrong with it and yes, the toilets are rubbish but what do you expect in the middle of the city?
However, I cannot excuse the terrible attitude of the man that runs the skate hire. I have issues every time that I go finding a pair of skates that are actually possible to skate on. having problems with my joints, I like to know that the skates beneath my feet are not completely blunt! I have taken many skates back to the man and said this to him, and his response is just that 'we cannot get them 100% sharp and that I should get my own'... I am aware that the quality of the skates are not going to be that great because it is a skate hire, however the people handing out the skates could be a little more understanding. on more than one occasions, I was told, by him, that I would not be given another pair... after only taking them back once, making me waste my money because I'm not going to risk breaking myself because he didn't want to provide the service that he was being paid to do. However, I went to other sessions when a different member of staff was behind the counter and she was more than happy to help me out.
This being said, I bought my own skates and have no fault with the place now that I don't have to deal with this man again.

Visited February 2014