“Shabby disgrace”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Shabby disgrace”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Very poor & run down shabby place. Hasn't updated or changed in years. Only reason people go is because of its location. Easy to get to & easy to park. Avoid at all costs though unless you're a chav looking for a bit of bother.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Craggy-b

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awful avoid!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Visited here yesterday and it was awful. The building is old and tatty and needs a lot of money spent on it. The staff in the skate hire room was rude and unprofessional. My boyfriend got given skates two sizes too big and mine were broken I had to change them. The health and safety is awful there was no ice marshalls and a group of kids who were in a big group in a list e dancing and jumping when the rules say no lines bigger than 3 and there was about 15 of them and also the ice became very watery. In a hour and a half no one resurfaced it so it was quite dangerous. Would never return it was awful

3 Thank lauren-0609
Batley, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Run Down Building, But Skating excellent”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Me and my sister went here during our Easter holiday. Arrived at the Ice rink just after 11.00 the price is rather high at £7.80 for each of us. The building is rather run down and could do with a bit of money spending on it . For a novice skater like myself, you can not hold on to the sides all the way round the rink. There was only one ice marshal on the rink went to another ice rink which smaller and it had at least 3 or 4 marshals.The website states that they are regular intervals for the ice to be resurfaced but in the hour and a half this did not happen.There were some confident skaters that did not care about other people on the ice .But overall me and my sister had a brilliant time.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Hayley A
E. Yorkshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent skating shame about the run down, unloved building/premises”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent skating shame about the run down unloved building/premises. My teens loved it. We went for a disco session which was about £15 for both including boot hire from 7.30 until 10. It took 30 mins to queue up but the experienced staff let about 20 in at a time. There was an exciting, disco atmosphere when you got in and there was some stage effect smoke for good measure. The music was good for the kids and made the atmosphere exciting. My husband and I sat in the cafe area where it is screened off we could sit there and have a chat as it was a bit quieter. At this session at 9pm the regulars (those with their own skates) got to stay on and do a speeding session. Wow, amazingly fast little kids whizzing around! Then they played British Bull Dogs. After 10 minutes. The disco session resumed.
Shame that the building isn't looked after but this didn't detract from the fun the teens had.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank bagpusspinki
west yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Never again warning”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I took 14 girls for my daughters birthday today . Had my purse stolen in the skate hire room right in front of my friends eyes. All my cards and kids personal photos in purse. Manager was very good but little he could do. CCTV shows it. Will never return. On our way out we found a purse in the bushes sadly not mine but obviously stealing is rife .

Visited March 2014