“Excellent quality food at very reasonable prices”

Cyrus Persian Restaurant
Ranked #168 of 707 Restaurants in Bradford
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A hybrid of Persian and Greek cuisine, our restaurant offers diners the opportunity to taste a marriage of flavours from Southern Europe and the Middle East.Choices for starter include dolmades, vine leaves stuffed with rice, onion, parsley, herbs and spices or keftedes, Greek meatballs served with a tomato sauce. There is a wide variety of dips to choose from such as tzatziki, hummus, grilled-aubergines to mention a few.The main course consist of slow-cooked vegetable and meat stews, charcoal-grilled meat and vegetable skewers, all prepared daily from fresh ingredients and offered at very affordable prices.
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality food at very reasonable prices”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've used this restaurant several times both for eating in and take-out food, and have never been disappointed. I can understand the point of view of other reviewers who have said it was nothing special, but you have to put it into context; this isn't a fine dining restaurant, it's just good food done well with no frills and at a very affordable price. The majority of their dishes consist of lamb or chicken (or veggie option) with rice or naan, and chargrilled vegetables. All the food is fresh, and all perfectly cooked. The rice is just plain boiled rice but its perfectly boiled with an oil dressing added at the end and its delicious, and I cant rate the chargrilled veg highly enough, it's delicious, so much so that I often order the sebze kebab (chargrilled veg kebab) as a side dish, and if the owner of Cyrus reads this I'd strongly recommend adding a side dish of grilled veg to your menu.
I've had the calamari a couple of times too. When I ate it in the restaurant it was perfect and I would recommend it to eat in, but I ordered it take-out once and should have known better really, calamari isn't a dish that suits take-out, it needs to be eaten as soon as its served, so it wasn't so good and I wouldn't recommend it for take out orders.
There's a review that questions "where are all the customers?" and on speaking to the staff I believe that the bulk of their business is take out, but they would do well to promote the restaurant side of the business because their food really is tasty and great value for money. If you're looking for a night out where you can get dressed up and experience fine dining, Cyrus isn't for you, but if you just want to go out in your jeans and get some good food, I can strongly recommend Cyrus

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Hard to understand the enthusiastic reviews”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We followed the TripAdvisor community and took a family party of 6 last night and came away fed but underwhelmed. It's hard to understand the enthusiastic reviews. It wasn't bad but it's hard to think of a reason why we'd go back there. What a local informant had told one of us was on the same lines, so we really should have listened to that!

Everyone had starters - mine was perfectly acceptable but unremarkable hummus. My wife remarked favourably on the aubergine (Kashke Bademjan) of someone else's that she tasted, and meat and fish seemed OK (but calamari described as 'fish shop' by a member of the party who's obviously hung around some superior chippies). The starters came with 3 huge flatbreads - Cyrus calls itself Greek-Iranian but we wondered if the use of the word 'naan' somewhere on the menu was a clue. The mains were something else. Quite a few including mine came with a lot of white rice, souvlaki came with chips and 2 pittas. The dishes seemed carb heavy, with vegetables and salad pretty minimal, and no-one was particularly impressed. My Gheimeh Bademjan was mostly split peas in a pleasant but undistinguished sauce with tomato in it and a couple of slabs of aubergine.

For 6 including drinks the whole thing came to £115 or thereabouts, so not expensive but disappointing. It's perfectly possible to get something cheaper and as good, or better for the price in most places, or so at least we hope to prove in the next few days of our stay. It was perfectly functional - we left filled up - but really there is no pressing reason ever to go back. I don't know if it's the carbs which appeal to other people who've commented. Absolutely nothing justified, or even remotely hinted at, the comment 'lipsmackingly good'.

West Yorkshire
“Good food and good value”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Visited on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was nicely presented and very clean, and we enjoyed the food - tasty and good value. Surprised that it was not busier on a Saturday - it was about half full. Service was a lttle slow.

1 Thank Casey001
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing food but where are the customers?”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Went to Cyrus with my partner on a Saturday evening at 7.00 pm. Stayed for around 90 minutes. We were the only customers. The food was lovely. We had Kashke Bademjan and Dolmades for starters and Ghelmeh Bademjan and Joojeh for mains. Everything was beautifully cooked and very tasty. The sweets - ice cream and keteifeh - were ok but nothing special. The bottle of Tempranillo was fantastic.

Some effort is clearly needed to attract customers. I can only assume that nearly everyone eating in Bradford prefers a curry. They don't know what they are missing.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mediterranean Food Ever”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My love for arab/Mediterranean food has grown so much over the last few years but this place hidden away has so many perks. The food is lip smackingly good and everything you taste seems to top the dish before. Hats off to the chef this place really needs to be noticed. ;)

1 Thank Mizsy S