“Nicely Done - Good food, good prices”
Review of Saffron Desi - CLOSED

Saffron Desi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We went for the buffet on a wednesday night, which contained a samosa, pakora, bit of salad for starters which comes on a plate served (this is set, if you want more they will charge your for more). However I don't even think they need the starters as the mains are ample and taste delicious. Chicken tikka masala, rogan josh, butter chicken (delight i think they name it), lamb keema, lamb rogan josh, rice, several vegetarian dishes which we didn't try because we were full.

We were both absolutely full and felt bad leaving quite a bit of food on the third round, however we were full up from the starters and popadums (pops were ordered separate).

Service was excellent, it turned busy right after we got there (book in advance), as for the bill, we ate till we dropped along with 1 large cobra, 2 j20's and a glass of rose for £26 i think. It'll be hard to beat it as i've eaten at other similar establishments.

2  Thank IS1984

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Had a meal here starter ok one was bland but lamb chops nice,curries were very nicely spiced as good as anywhere we eaten before, service was poor and not very friendly, As I was driving did not have a lot of drinks but they over charged us by £15 on bar bill as there were only 5 tables occupied busy was not an excuse and no apologies,

1  Thank Andynats
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews on here for Saffron Desi because the food is amazing, we have been here around 20 times and the food has always been fantastic.

Dest dishes for me are royal delight and the korma, totally different to any Indian food I have tasted. I'm not a fan of hugely spicy dishes but the ones I've mentioned have the perfect blend of spices and flavour. (there are also many hotter ones on the menu)

I have never had a problem with the service as mentioned below, it's always been good when we've been.

We have recently moved to Manchester and nothing compares to this food quality - it's only now I realise how good this place is. I would really recommend you must give it a go!

1  Thank ravenell01